UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Issues creating a 4th account?

psycrow

Sorceror
Re: Issues creating a 4th account?

bigjoe;383521 said:
I have 4 accounts in my household between myself and my roomates but I have friends that come over and play thier accounts once or twice a week. Will this get me or any of us in trouble or get our accounts banned?
someone can answer that?

my household has only 3 accounts, but sometimes i have some friends playing here (i have 4 pc´s and 1 notebook).

i can get some trouble doing that? It´s not everyday, usually on weekends (and not for macro, just fun play)

Khephren

Knight

if they only play at your place its fine since you don't go above 4 accounts but if they play elsewhere, it could be considered account sharing or whatever they call it...

but to be safe and if you have doubts, email staff (at) uodemise (dot) com and let them know and they'll do the call.... cause if you do something that goes against, expecially that rule, you and they might loose ALL of the accounts.

King Golden

Wanderer

sent an e mail today second time hope it gets through this time never heard back from a month ago.

Khephren;421839 said:
if they only play at your place its fine since you don't go above 4 accounts but if they play elsewhere, it could be considered account sharing or whatever they call it...

What about house switching? I usually have to move from a house to another (of my property, not friends' houses).
The only proof I have not shared my accounts is that I use them togheter almost every time, so they are registered with same IP and so same internet connection.

Khephren;421839 said:
but to be safe and if you have doubts, email staff (at) uodemise (dot) com and let them know and they'll do the call....

Let's see if we can get a public answer first ;) I think I'm not the only one to have this doubt...

GM Nestor

Sorceror

You have 4 accounts, you are allowed to have 4 houses and transfer the house from lets say, acc #1 to acc #2 (within your accounts).

CNS Nestor;450326 said:
You have 4 accounts, you are allowed to have 4 houses and transfer the house from lets say, acc #1 to acc #2 (within your accounts).

For the truth, I was talking about house switching in real life... and they are just 3 for me :p

Khephren

Knight

osd_daedalus;450758 said:
For the truth, I was talking about house switching in real life... and they are just 3 for me :p

I dont think that will pass because house switching = IP change so i think they call that ''possible account sharing'' which is a bannable offence.

so you have to play your accounts at your house. and you mentionned you had 3 accounts, you are allowed 4... (i like it since we are allowed 4, I could build another house.... its soooooo cool ! )

Khephren;450902 said:
I dont think that will pass because house switching = IP change so i think they call that ''possible account sharing'' which is a bannable offence.

That's the matter... you are asking me to renounce 5 months/year UO playing :eek:

Reading better the rules:
5: There is a limit of four accounts per household, not IP address. If you already have four accounts and another family member or roommate decides that they want to play here, then you will have to give them one of your accounts. It is up to you to inform the staff when this happens.
But this rule is telling about "other family member or roomrate", and that's not my case. Hmmm...
My problem is to demostrate it's always me playing, and no other one who use my accounts.

And also:
  • Attempting to circumvent this rule by getting multiple IP addresses, multiple internet connections, or creating other accounts from work/school will not be tolerated and will result in consequences which may include the banning of all of your accounts. Don't do this!

But I'm not circumventing it, because I have not overriden the 4-account limit (I have 3 now)

It is up to you to inform the staff when this happens.
May I just inform the staff some days before switching saying "I'm switching house, so if you see another IP adress on my accounts is always me" ?
Usually, when I move from house to another, I stay for about 1-2 months (a piece of proof I'm not sharing)

Khephren;450902 said:
so you have to play your accounts at your house. and you mentionned you had 3 accounts, you are allowed 4... (i like it since we are allowed 4, I could build another house.... its soooooo cool ! )

Really I said I have to move in 3 houses in real life... but yes, I have 3 accounts :)

Kiluad

Sorceror

psycrow;417875 said:
someone can answer that?

my household has only 3 accounts, but sometimes i have some friends playing here (i have 4 pc´s and 1 notebook).

i can get some trouble doing that? It´s not everyday, usually on weekends (and not for macro, just fun play)

I play on three different computers, and i've never run into problems, i try to keep the account number in mind though. other computers i play on are people who play the game too.

I wouldn't quote me on this as truth, but i don't think that rule is pressed very hard unless people are using it to cheat or give themselves unfair advantages, like bod collecting or some other retarded scheme.

Most people i've ever heard of being banned for that rule have been trying to cheat, or had a ungodly amount of accounts. course i only have two accounts.

New Deity

Wanderer

Dualien;393668 said:
4 account, I'd never have the time to fill them all up. I guess if you wanted to build more homes you might use for but still. That's a lot of gold and time.

they usually have a bunch of bod runners.. but i wudnt know how tht system works exactly.

fishee

Wanderer

I have followed both steps outlined here and have not received a response yet. Should I email again or PM anyone besides Caine? Or should I just wait until a staff member has the free time? roughly 1 week now.

ty in advance

When I pass from an house to another, I always send an email. And I have never got response.
But don't worry - they have lots of emails to read, so it's normal they answer only in particular circumstances. Just make sure, according to Ferris' request, to include account names and forum username.

Joey-demise

Sorceror

I have accessed my accounts from tons of different IP's over the years (have moved several times (my account is 4 years old), sometimes play at a friends house, used to be able to play at work) and have never had any problems. I think as long as you aren't doing something you shouldn't be doing you should be ok.

cariocavip

Wanderer

I'm really against many accounts filled with BOD gathers. You can not leave one miner mining while afk but ppl can use macro to make about 20 elves log in and out gathering bods each 60 minutes and staff can't talk to them within that 3 seconds that takes to each character get one tailor and one bs bod and logout at luna bank's second floor, to check if there's actually someone controlling them.

Besides those sick names: MULE I, MULE II, MULE III, MULE IV.... or BOD I, BOD II, BOD III, BOD IV, BOD V, ... going back and forth wordless just doing what we know that they are doing.