UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

It is imperative that you know.

R

Ryan

It is imperative that you know.

The RunUO Team's entire datacenter infrastructure is located in Houston, Texas which is under threat of a Category 5 Hurricane. At this time, our datacenter has assured us that they are prepared to deal with the storm and be operational during and after.

In that regard, the RunUO Team has begun its disaster planning and is in the process of backing up the ENTIRE RUNUO NETWORK, well over 12 Terabytes of data and 10 servers and putting it in 5 offsite locations. We are very fortunate right now to know ahead of time that the network is in danger, and are taking every precaution to ensure we are safe in the event our datacenter does not survive.

Our datacenter staff are going to be operating under limited numbers due to the hurricane but will be there to assist us if need be. As an extra precaution they have installed an additional rental generator and have in excess of 10,000 gallons of fuel on site.

At this time, we have no reason to be concerned that the coming storm will have any impact what-so-ever on the RunUO Network, but as with any large network we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure we can be up and running within 24 hours if our datacenter and hardware are destroyed.

On behalf of the entire RunUO Team we appreciate your continued support of RunUO and all of its associated projects.

P.S. - WE WILL BE DISABLING HOUSE DECAY FOR AN AMOUNT OF TIME TO BE DETERMINED FOR HURRICANE VICTIMS.

Thanks,
Ryan McAdams
RunUO Project Manager

Kieeps

Wanderer
Haven’t posted that much on the forum but I hade to reply on this on....

Great work!
I’m proud of being a part if this shard
I’m proud of having contributed with donations
It's stuff like this that makes shards...corrections, everyone and everything worth more than anything. This is a really really good idea and I’m so glad to see that you actually spend so much time and personal interest in this.
And at the same time I wound like to pay my respect for all the suffering people out there in Texas.

//Keep up the good work!

zardd

Sorceror
You get the
'Unofficial Best shard staff award'

Gold class in professional attitude..
I played on a 'proffesionally runned' australian server..
False advertising..

You guys do a great job thank you all! :)

rat97

Wanderer
Very very professional! I am sooo impressed! I had no idea the runuo network had become so 'in-depth'. :D

You guys are more professional than the OSI staff, let alone any other free shard. Not even a single typo in that whole notice. Plus, would OSI disable house decay for hurricane victims if they had a Pre-R shard? Doubtful.

I may disagree with some of your policies, but GD you guys still know what you're doing.

Tourist

Sorceror
OSI is better becouse:
1. They have Europa shard (compare my 80ms ping to Europa and 350ms ping to Demise)
2. They have all new stuff

Demise is better becouse:
1. Easy skill gain
2. 3rd party tools are allowed
3. Old stuff like ToT
4. For free.