UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Jack of all Trades (Human Ability)

xaxas

Wanderer
Re: Jack of all Trades (Human Ability)

The ability works only for skills that are trained to less than 20, making them =20. Once you go past that mark there is no difference at all.

So if you're human with real skill at tailoring at 0, then you actually have 20.

If you train tailoring to 19 skill points, you still actually have 20.

If you train to 40 skill points, you'll have 40.

You get 20 skill points in everything until you go above 20, then it makes no difference.

So a human necro mage could be very useful as with 20 free anatomy points and eval int you get lots and lots of wrestle power...

Does anyone else think this and the fact that humans will have extra mana regen without focus mean that human necro mages outweigh elven ones, even though they have 20 extra mana?

pkrlz

Knight

if u'll talke only by the side of 1mr, +20is better
but human isnt only that:
hiding
medit
focus
detect hiden
tracking
parry
20to all weapons skill (so less mana for especial moves)

Humans that have 100 evaluate intelligence have 70 wrestling skill apparently, that's a big bonus.

camper

Sorceror

Maglor Taralom said:
Humans that have 100 evaluate intelligence have 70 wrestling skill apparently, that's a big bonus.

Sort of. What you're talking about is a passive defense skill. You take (eval + anat + 20)/2 = passive unarmed defense skill. So for a human, at 100 eval, it would be (100 + 20 + 20)/2 = 70. His elf counterpart would be (100 + 0 + 20)/2 = 60. The former is good enough to get by with in PvM.

*note that it is passive defense only. It gives you no chance to hit.

So is 70 passive defensive skill the same as the amount of passive defence 70 wrestling skill offers?

xaxas

Wanderer

Yes. In terms of defence 70 def wrest is eaqual to 70 wrest, fence, swords or mace. The only difference is the lack of hit chance.

Cjdawg1069 said:
I am unfamilar with how the jack of all trades ability applies to higher skilled players. If someone is a legendary tailor, does it technically make him have 140.00 skills since he has 20 to start? Or does it become ineffective once the skill gets high like this.

20 is just a base skill. Second you have anything over 20 real skill in a certain area, it fills up your base skill. Kind of like how resist spells will give you all 40's in resists at gm level, but if you put on some armor, it won't add on to the skill. Simply put, the 20 base points you receive in a skill is not accumulative.

Lokutus

Wanderer

I really want to know that is true that all this 20 skill wepon abilities gives you lower mana cost for special moves. For me it's little stupid, but if it's like you said, no problem for me (can make both elf and human warrior :p)

Facko

Sorceror

Lokutus;223942 said:
I really want to know that is true that all this 20 skill wepon abilities gives you lower mana cost for special moves. For me it's little stupid, but if it's like you said, no problem for me (can make both elf and human warrior :p)

Yeah, its true. Humans get -5 to the mana cost of the move. More with a 120 skill or two. Its up to you whether or not you need the mana or the lmc.