UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Jan 12 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
There was a considerable number of fixes applied today for dismount and dismount related code. There have been numerous reports of various bugs regarding dismount, and this is pretty much what was changed

The most important one, probably, was moving the dismount timer from the basemount, for obvious reasons. Now, this is controlled directly in the playermobile. It wont be possible to use the pet ball trick, or anything else to remount early.

Next, and nearly as important as the last, players who perform a dismount attack, use a bola, or even let their pets perform a dismount attack, will no longer be able to ride, for the same duration as the target of the attack.

Also, for the bola, most of the numbers were just dead wrong. For the time being, the changes to bolas are Core.ML and later. If we can confirm that this change was done during AoS, or SE, we can correct the code accordingly. Those changes are:

The duration of affect was changed from 3 seconds dismounted time, to 10 seconds, and the attacker gets the same: 10 seconds.

targeting an opponent does not instantly throw the bola at them. Rather, its 4 seconds from target to throw, you must not be mounted, can not remount, and must stay within 8 tiles of the target during the 4 second "throw" part of the sequence.

Celes

Sorceror
Oh, I mean OSI's publish.

Animal form should behave like a mount when it comes to dismounting. Probably a good idea to take a look at that while you are fixing this.

No more ninja form running away when getting dismounted, hopefully.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Wow, seriously. How did I not catch a raft of crap over this one ... ? :D

Animal form definitely needs to be included. Anything I can validate regarding animal form, will be in for next weekend.

As for the OSI publish that contained these changes: old. How old? Older than SA, and that's all I know for sure. That is what I was saying, regarding the expansion checks. OSIs publish notes are all but non-existent now, and all I have is some old notes about this from previous discussion.

When throwing a bola if the person gets out of the 8 tile range within 4 seconds the bola appears at the persons feet no matter how far away they went. Is that intended?

Xavier

Account Terminated
When throwing a bola if the person gets out of the 8 tile range within 4 seconds the bola appears at the persons feet no matter how far away they went. Is that intended?

The entire animal form thing is completely unchecked, in regards to several things.

...and...

Yeah. After long discussion, and debate, we decided it would be a nice community gesture, to share bolas with those less fortunate. See?

Ill change it. thanks :)

Xavier

Account Terminated
Doesn't UOGuide have a reliable list? Just asking, since people might be bitchy about this being added now when they are more interested in other matters.

Its hit and miss. Ive used that site a hell of a lot more lately than I would have in the past... but yeah, I don't like to reference it, esp for specific publish data. What I can offer is that a lot of this stuff was all in the old old old bug reports and debates, some back as far as before I let them talk me into getting involved in this. The problem Ive had with it, regarding publish notes, is that it seems like some of them are actually test center publish updates and wasn't always what got published in the end.

What I was specifically talking about in regards to ML and later, was one change, bola time. The other mechanics changes is stuff that should have been done a long time ago, and some has nothing to do with OSI publishes at all. I mean, bypassing the dismount cool down with a petball? That kind of thing is a no-brainer, and there's nothing to reference: it never happened on OSI.

Anyway, there's three other people working on the "more interesting" stuff, the first update to this took me all of an hour, and this one will be done shortly too. I cant sit here and worry about who will and wont like a change anyway. There will always be people who don't want something changed, and there will always be those who do.

Reactions: psz

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Although my comment is not entirely related to game mechanics. It stands to reason if one were to get clocked by two big friggin rocks. It would probably stun just about anyone for 10 seconds minimum. So even if we don't know specifics. Think..."would this really friggin hurt? Yes/No" ;)

In real life, some ass hat threw a hammer at me once....I was most un-thrilled lol

sk8nomad

Sorceror
Although my comment is not entirely related to game mechanics. It stands to reason if one were to get clocked by two big friggin rocks. It would probably stun just about anyone for 10 seconds minimum. So even if we don't know specifics. Think..."would this really friggin hurt? Yes/No" ;)

In real life, some ass hat threw a hammer at me once....I was most un-thrilled lol

I always thought that the bola wrapped around the horse's legs, essentially tangling the legs together and tripping the mount. I don't think bolas were meant for headshots, I think a bow would be better for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.