UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Jan 12 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaasso

Knight
i hope this needs some tweaking but i looked into it a bit and it doesnt seem so. i wonder if everything that was changed here is from before SA, theyve sure come up with a lot of these artificial rules for everything lately to mold the game so crybabies are happy, which is why im wondering. though they did start doing that before SA but it's been getting worse

Xavier

Account Terminated
Ru. yes. that's one I did manage to find in the publish notes even.

Riding swipe was not directly changed. I will look into that one. In fact, riding swipe looks like it may be actually missing some features.

Xavier

Account Terminated
That's actually lance vs lance dismount, not riding swipe.

Ah cool, thanks. That makes more sense.

Edit:

Yes, lance vs lance needs to be checked, Ill add that, thanks

The ru will definitely set a mount block on its controller. The only thing I can think is maybe it shouldn't do the dismount attack if the controller is mounted. We are getting one on OSI to try it out.

Souced

Sorceror
the problem with trying it now is it is SA changes not the ML implimented things, have said this before but noone wants to listen to people who played ML and know what should be in and shouldn't be in until much later, so just how do you check something now a meer 5 years after ML came in and the game has changed so much to what you are trying to achieve on demise now?

Xavier

Account Terminated
Yeah, we do come up with the right answers.. I'm just working on fixing it, not posting here. What are we trying to do? Fix the combat behavior to the era we are working on. Perfect might not happen, but a lot better than whats on Demise absolutely can happen.

[15:18] <kobra> hello

[15:19] <kobra> http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php
[15:19] <kobra>
[15:20] <&Xavier> yeah, we know.
[15:20] <&Xavier> there's some confusing notes about it, and its half right.
[15:21] <&Xavier> before it had no effect on the attackers' mounting status, now it has one too many
[15:21] <&Xavier> :D
[15:21] <&Xavier> but, in the process we found that
[15:21] <&Xavier> it takes 10 min for a lesser to even land a dismount attack
[15:21] <&Xavier> and about 1 in 15 for the regular ru
[15:21] <&Xavier> ill get it all updated tonight
[15:24] <&Xavier> oh, thats the youtube link from the thread I was already addressing

[15:25] <&Xavier> i mean we do, but its just too flakey.
[15:25] <&Xavier> hell, EA and stratics themselves are all the flakey info I can cope with
[15:29] <kobra> I wanted only to help;)
[15:29] <&Xavier> yeah, its just a mess in all the notes out there
[15:29] <&Xavier> see, the publish notes that changed the lesser ru's chances of landing a dismount attack
[15:30] <&Xavier> actually says "20% chance of success *when* it decides to use its dismount attack"
[15:30] <&Xavier> not a flat 20% chance
[15:30] <&Xavier> so, we let a ru chew on me for about 45 min
[15:30] <&Xavier> came up with between 10 and 15 % per hit of that being a dismount attack
[15:31] <&Xavier> err
[15:31] <&Xavier> 1 in 10-15
[15:31] <&Xavier> i tend towards the 15, but i guess we will split it in the middle
[15:31] <&Xavier> it wasnt easy to let a ru chew on me that damn long
[15:31] <&Xavier> haha
[15:31] <&Xavier> but if you go 20% of that, its about right for what we observed for the lessers too
[15:32] <&Xavier> which is pretty much what those mmm less than detailed publish notes try to describe
[15:34] <&Xavier> I was trying to get a ru to dismount me, to see how much of those other notes are right
[15:34] <&Xavier> and it was actually easier said than done.
[15:35] <&Xavier> so we ended up testing the rates of the attacks too
[15:36] * Joins: Nicholas ([email protected]0425E09.DC21FB22.IP)
[15:36] * Quits: [1]Nicholas ([email protected]0425E09.DC21FB22.IP) (Ping timeout)

Status
Not open for further replies.