UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

List some Pros vs the cons of having a PVP DISCUSSION section

crikey

Sorceror
Having a PVP DISCUSSION section on an Ultima Online message board

PROS

Competitive PVPers have a place to discuss current events regarding PVP: Who beat who, who's controlling factions, idoc discussion

New players searching for a PVP shard can find Hybrids PVP discussion about current events, will see PVP threads that are updated daily, which will basically alert prospective players that THERES SHIT GOIN ON on hybrid, which will encourage them to jump into the action!

Always trolls posting in sections like this, which is greatly amusing for us to read! Offended people are free to click their back button, there is nothing to get ants in the pants over!

Keeps the sick and sadistic minded PVPers and trolls (at least some of them) away from the general discussion section, so all the lamers who only find the fun in UO to place make believe house or play UO for the fishing, or whatever can have their lovely GENERAL DISCUSSION section all to themselves, cleansed of wicked evil

Keeps most of the bad, negative threads that usually get TRAMMELED! in one section, which in turn creates less work for the Forum administrative cleanup crew to CLEANSE of wicked evil

Players that enjoy using the forums to communicate with others in the PVP community might get bored and slowly move on. Having the pvp discussion forums open obviously cancels that :)

Can post pvp videos in this section, which upon viewing, might inspire new players or old vets to jump in the action!

CONS

Many of the "bad apples" will only take part on the message boards if there is a PVP section. They use it to post "negative" things. *For the record, I think people like this are greatly amusing, so I don't think it's a CON myself, but I'm assuming it is a con for non-pvpers who lack our dark and sadistic mindset*

Possibly causes slightly more effort for the administration to monitor and regulate, due to the many FLAMEWARS that spring up in this section, *but the dozens and dozens, possibly hundreds of players this would benefit would really enjoy reading the PVP section!* We are human beings, who are WORTH your pain and suffering!

Some crybabies might reads threads in the PVP section, get emotionally distressed, and LEAVE hybrid forever out of shame and humiliation! * omg! My claim to fame as being a mighty warlord on the fantasy role playing game UOgamers: Hybrid has been ruined! People might make fun of my over the computer! I must leave hybrid forever before my tears rust my keyboard solid!"

POST MORE PROS/CONS HERE! Lets brainstorm this issue, in a logical, respectful, courteous manner, and decide as the forum community if locking the PVP section for months and months, possibly forever, is the logical strategy for maximizing the total player base on the server!

I don't know why the forum was locked. Just put up a disclaimer and what not that you have to accept once so that you can't really report anything in that section.