UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Locked Chests

beano38

Wanderer
Locked Chests

Can we add Locked Chests in dungeons? They would have a little bit of loot in them. The loot would depend on the location. They would re-spawn in some set value.

This would also help all us lockpickers who want to get to GM to do a Deviously Drawn Map. I bet there are only about 20-30 GM Lockpickers on the entire shard.

I remember in OSI days, I could stealth thru dungeons pick some chests make a little money. I would do this when I was bored with other things. You know before BOD's, before Trammel. Back when having 50K gold and a small house meant you were rich!

I GM'd off 2 lvl 3 tmap chests... = no problem

and there ARE some locked chests... I have never personally used a pick on them tho. There's like 8 locked chests with cash inside in the covetous dragon room, if I happen to be there on my tamer i use "unlock" to pop them just for a lil extra fast cash... so im not sure if they would give gains or not...

mjk77

Sorceror
gm LP

Not sure how you GM LPing using just tmaps and tink boxes.. I stopped gaining on Tink boxes at 95 ish i think.. LVL 4 tmap hunts to 100 for me... STatitics page says 20 or so gm LPers on the shard :)

I would like to see locked chests also in dungeons :) With Loot ofcourse in them haha.

beano38

Wanderer
fonis said:
You can gm LP'ing through tink boxes and tmaps, you know that, right?..

Tinkers boxes got me to 95ish. I've done a few T-Maps and made some gains, but still not GM. I have about 5 Deviously Drawn maps waiting for me.

fonis

Knight
You're aware you can do more than one attempt per Tmap treasure box, right?

Just set a UO macro to Last oBject Last Target, do a LP onto the chest, and hold down the button. Wham, like 8 attempts on one chest. Also works when you're gaining on tink boxes.

Do it on lvl 2 (til like 97 I think) and then finish up with 3's and 4's.

Zilverz

Wanderer
kaervek said:
I GM'd off 2 lvl 3 tmap chests... = no problem

and there ARE some locked chests... I have never personally used a pick on them tho. There's like 8 locked chests with cash inside in the covetous dragon room, if I happen to be there on my tamer i use "unlock" to pop them just for a lil extra fast cash... so im not sure if they would give gains or not...

that is totally false

I helped my guildmate GM lockpicking . you have to Do Cleverly Maps to GM it like the last 2-3 points atleast

anyway .. i think he was well aware of that sir .. he just wants locked chests for fun

Zilverz

Wanderer
fonis said:
You're aware you can do more than one attempt per Tmap treasure box, right?

Just set a UO macro to Last oBject Last Target, do a LP onto the chest, and hold down the button. Wham, like 8 attempts on one chest. Also works when you're gaining on tink boxes.

Do it on lvl 2 (til like 97 I think) and then finish up with 3's and 4's.

cool didnt know that :)

look, all great info but the fact is, people were lock pickers because the dungeons had chests, now we still got SOME chests, but they are neither locked nor contain the goodies they do on osi, please make them, lol
they were on osi and they made it worth it to have the skill, otherwise its almost a waste of time unless u wanna find a gm cartographer or gm it yourself
but the problem is its a more advanced script then the simple spawners
but hey! if you implement it
upgrade it to come with runuo, lol

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Im not too sure if they should spawn anymore chests though, because there are a few throughout the dungeons. **Maybe the high levels but not too many because this is a sure fire way to ruin the economy when you add too many chests. The statistcs is that over 5mil are on chests on OSI at any given moment

yea, but thats like, all of their shards...
and they have quite a few, we don't need a crap load of them, just some, something to make it worth gm-ing lock pick... there is just so little you can do with the skill nowadays

sunfiregt said:
Maybe you could use LPing to break into peoples house, or their bank account!! OoOOooo
Though I think you were joking (I hope), breaking into houses wouldn't be bad, since everything's usually locked down.

lol
yea bank would never work
but i do want to know whats in the un-openable chests in the bank, lol
we need npc's to spawn items in their lock boxes! those were very good for stealing on osi