UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Looking to join a faction

Looking to join a faction

Please let me know my next steps.

My main character is not exactly a perfect template for anything. I was sort of learning my way as I go.

100 Arch
120 Tailor (soon)
100 Magery (as soon as I get the time to macro currently 80)
100 Focus
100 Tactics
50 Resist Spells
50 Healing
50 Meditation

I'm not sure what factions are looking for or what I have to offer. Personally, I suck at PvP but I would love to be trained in the art.

Beyond that, I dont know what I have to offer but I am willing to learn.

PM me here,

W666

TS_SS

Sorceror
Re: Looking to join a faction

why 120 tailoring ? drop it if you want PvP char, and if u want PvP RP character to make your own clothes...its fine

50 healing is pointless, since you`ll fail A LOT and won`t be able to rez.

Drop the meditation, go for GM resisting spells.

Archery and magery rarely come together, unless you have the proper items. (Spell channeling bows/xbows)

BUT magery goes with Evaluating inteligence (increase of the spell dmg and overall effectiveness). For PvP this is a must. And magery goes as well with GM meditaion

Decide what character you want to play - archer or a mage , or a mage - archer.

Here is a an example of a archer-mage (w/o PSs)

100 archery
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 Magery
100 Eval int
100 Meditaion

aaand a nice bow :)

I guess, to answer you questions, the answer is that the idea was not to create 5, 6 or 17 other characters. I was going to make one character and play the guy on Demise. Therefore, I gave him tailoring so he can make things from hides, make money, fill BODs (once I found out what BODs were), etc.

Archery was to fight with.
Magery to fight with, heal with, move around with.

Everything else developed from there. Many, like healing, focus, resisting spells, etc. cam automatically while doing other tasks. I didn't lock down any skills until it was too late, I guess.

Now, of course, I know this is not the way to play UO. You need specific characters for crafting, specific ones for fighting. This leads to my other problem- inexperience in PvP. Without knowing how to effective kill other players, I was unaware of what skills are needed. Archery always seems to make sense in that it can disturb other players ability to cast spells and I can cast mine. Very noobie-ish thinking I imagine, but you see where I need guidance.

I am working on other characters, but they are not as developed as this one yet. I will take your suggestions into account. Thanks,

Any chance your faction would help to train me in the art of PvP?

W666

PS I do have a couple spell-channeling repeating xbows. I lost a few good ones as I do not yet have the funds to afford insuring them.

TS_SS

Sorceror

with only one character it would be near impossible to PvP and craft. more like PvM and craft. But the best is

a craft character
a PvM character
and a PvP character.

3 charcters is not much, but enough to get the grip of each type of playing. You can later on creaate new ones or change the old onces, according to your playing style.