UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lots of Questions...

X-Halio-X

Wanderer
Lots of Questions...

1.- When i use UOAM, and multiple uo clients, it seems that it shows the last logged character map, if i want to see the map of another character, how can i do that withouth having to log with that character at last?

2.- Indestructible Weapons and armors... are they destructible? meaning that they get damaged anyway

3.- Lumberjacking... how much % damage bonus is added to mace weapons if i have gm lumber?

4.- Poisoning on a warrior... its probably useless since it damages ur weapon every time it poisons making it very weak, it runs out fast and may be cured easily?

5.- I havent read the suggestions forum much, is probably that there will be something to give delay to cure pots or a better fail chance?

6.- Stun and disarm always works when they hit? unlike conc blow and other combat abilities that are used after random number of hits when u active the ability button?

7.- Special abilities are random used even if u dont active the ability button?

8.- Max number of mounts required to get the last rewards?

9.- After that time, 30 days later, you will be able to get more rewards, but of the past months right?

10.- You get always only 1 reward after the first month (2 or more) right?

11.- GM Alchemy bonus damage to explosion pots?

12.- Months required to ride ethereal beettle

13.- I have tryed to bond a white wyrm, but i take him out after 8 or 10 days, and it doesnt bond, its because i have to get him exactly after 7 days? (yes i feed him and check that he is wonderfully happy)

14.- Can i craft any metal with gm bs?

15.- How hard its to get 120 tailoring and BS powerscroll and how much they worth each?

16.- How hard its to get a CBD? (which bod/bods are required to get one)
and how much it worth

17.- Are some monters more likely to give vanquishing or good weapons/armors?

18.- Whitewyrm or dragon, what should be better if i plan to farm with them?

19.- Ultimately i have seen a lot of people buying nightmares, they were made even harder to find actually?

20.- How much a mare worth, pure and not pure?

21.- Is pure nightmare stronger than normal one?

22.- I was connected with 2 characters, and i lost conection in one of them, i was doing anything, what happened? (it was not after server wars, it happened to me right now)

23.- What is better, halberd or katana against monsters and players (if swordmanship) or which weapons (having and not having lumberjacking)

24.- Its like a MUST to use shield if u use 1 handed weapons even if u dont have parrying? (extra armor)
consider that u need 1 hand to drink a pot

SORRY FOR TOO MANY QUESTIONS

Mustafa

Wanderer
Re: Lots of Questions...

X-Halio-X said:
1.- When i use UOAM, and multiple uo clients, it seems that it shows the last logged character map, if i want to see the map of another character, how can i do that withouth having to log with that character at last?

2.- Indestructible Weapons and armors... are they destructible? meaning that they get damaged anyway

3.- Lumberjacking... how much % damage bonus is added to mace weapons if i have gm lumber?

4.- Poisoning on a warrior... its probably useless since it damages ur weapon every time it poisons making it very weak, it runs out fast and may be cured easily?

5.- I havent read the suggestions forum much, is probably that there will be something to give delay to cure pots or a better fail chance?

6.- Stun and disarm always works when they hit? unlike conc blow and other combat abilities that are used after random number of hits when u active the ability button?

7.- Special abilities are random used even if u dont active the ability button?

8.- Max number of mounts required to get the last rewards?

9.- After that time, 30 days later, you will be able to get more rewards, but of the past months right?

10.- You get always only 1 reward after the first month (2 or more) right?

11.- GM Alchemy bonus damage to explosion pots?

12.- Months required to ride ethereal beettle

13.- I have tryed to bond a white wyrm, but i take him out after 8 or 10 days, and it doesnt bond, its because i have to get him exactly after 7 days? (yes i feed him and check that he is wonderfully happy)

14.- Can i craft any metal with gm bs?

15.- How hard its to get 120 tailoring and BS powerscroll and how much they worth each?

16.- How hard its to get a CBD? (which bod/bods are required to get one)
and how much it worth

17.- Are some monters more likely to give vanquishing or good weapons/armors?

19.- Ultimately i have seen a lot of people buying nightmares, they were made even harder to find actually?

20.- How much a mare worth, pure and not pure?

21.- Is pure nightmare stronger than normal one?

22.- I was connected with 2 characters, and i lost conection in one of them, i was doing anything, what happened? (it was not after server wars, it happened to me right now)

23.- What is better, halberd or katana against monsters and players (if swordmanship) or which weapons (having and not having lumberjacking)

24.- Its like a MUST to use shield if u use 1 handed weapons even if u dont have parrying? (extra armor)
consider that u need 1 hand to drink a pot

SORRY FOR TOO MANY QUESTIONS

Ill answer what questions i can

2) Yes, they just last ALOT longer than ones that are not industructable

3) I believe its 0% It affects the damage of axes.. and ytou need swords to use them when fighting.

4) Poisoned weapons are good, but you can use the 100 points elsewhere, just make amule to poison weps..

5) Deadly poison, cure pots fail.. sometimes takes 2-3 cures to cure it.

6) Stun and disarm also have chances of like 20% to be succesful

7) There no activation of abilities here, they are random mostly.

8) Did you mean months? its 3 for ethys... and after that you can get different types of ethys and different types of robes/cloaks.

9) I think you might have a max of 6 or 7 to choose.. ones you chosen an ethy theres no point in choosing a different type.

11) yes, its quit substanial too.

12) i belivee beetle is 5 months.. might be 4...

14) Yes, but crafdting valorite and the liek gets very hard to make exceptional out of.

17) yes, the harder ones like daemons and dragons and the like.

18) Dragons are really strong, white wyrms aren't as strong but cast magioc.. really up to you, most people farm with WW's or mares, not ussually dragons.

24) Shields don't give very much armour without parrying... so if you don't ahve it its basically useless.

Sorry for the questions i didn't answer.. im not exactly sure about them..

Damn you addicted, i tookall this time to answer the questiona dn you give hima link.. bah.

sniff

Wanderer

Ill try to answer some of the questions for ya. id make it look better with quotes n shit but meh im lazy..

2. Indestructible Weapons and armors... are destructible? it just means it has more durability

3.- Lumberjacking... i believe u get 20% bonus dmg. When using a two handed bladed weapon. ie. 2 handed axe. Im not 100% sure about hallys

4.- Poisoning on a warrior... id make another char with poisoning. then just poison the weap u want. i do it. and it works great.

5.- I havent read the suggestions forum much, is probably that there will be something to give delay to cure pots or a better fail chance? im pretty sure theres a timer on pots. well everytime i rly need to use one.. always says i goto wait.. hehe

6.- Stun and disarm always works when they hit? I only have 1 char with stun, it seems i stun most of the time, but i have heard of people missing alot

11.- GM Alchemy bonus damage to explosion pots? - yes

12.- Months required to ride ethereal beettle - 6 i think...

13.- I have tryed to bond a white wyrm, but i take him out after 8 or 10 days, and it doesnt bond, its because i have to get him exactly after 7 days? im not sure what u did wrong. but i have a tamer, and havnt had any probs.
Just feed him 20 things of food. stable, then on the 6th day. give him 20 more. after that when u take him out the last time give him some more food and he'll bond

17.- Are some monters more likely to give vanquishing or good weapons/armors? Elder gazers, Dragons, Anciant Liches,

ww works like a charm

19.- Ultimately i have seen a lot of people buying nightmares, they were made even harder to find actually? Yeh its a pain in the ass to find these basterds. They randomly spawn 2 every 6 hours or something like that. i dunno for sure tho

20.- How much a mare worth, pure and not pure? depends on the stats, u can get one for like 100 - 200 k, depends if its pure or crappy stats, or depends on how much of an asshole the guy is

21.- Is pure nightmare stronger than normal one? nope, just look l337

Halberd does more dmg. But katana's are the fastest weaps.
It depends on ur temp and ur preferences. I personly like the katana, cuz i use a shield. :)

U need both hands to drink a pot.

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

Addicted said:
You can find a lot of these aswers at www.stratics.com.
almost all my questions arent answered on stratics..
uogamers doesnt follows tons of things stated on stratics..

P.S. I HOPE SOMEONE TAKES THETIME TO ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS LOL

P.S.S. 25.- Order of leather and scales from WEAKER to STRONGER and where to get them (scales and leather)

Sammich

Wanderer

stun misses ALOT.

and the uoam problem, when you log out a character, make sure you also close the client that character was on, and open up a new one, or have one already open.

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

sniFF said:
3.- Lumberjacking... i believe u get 20% bonus dmg. When using a two handed bladed weapon. ie. 2 handed axe. Im not 100% sure about hallys
its not only applicable to maces and 1 handed maces also?

sniFF said:
4.- Poisoning on a warrior... id make another char with poisoning. then just poison the weap u want. i do it. and it works great.
u may apply deadly poison easily when u hit?

sniFF said:
5.- I havent read the suggestions forum much, is probably that there will be something to give delay to cure pots or a better fail chance? im pretty sure theres a timer on pots. well everytime i rly need to use one.. always says i goto wait.. hehe
its because u are probably drinking one, but u can use one after another instantly after you drink one...

sniFF said:
11.- GM Alchemy bonus damage to explosion pots? - yes
i mean... whats the bonus damage?

sniFF said:
13.- I have tryed to bond a white wyrm, but i take him out after 8 or 10 days, and it doesnt bond, its because i have to get him exactly after 7 days? im not sure what u did wrong. but i have a tamer, and havnt had any probs.
Just feed him 20 things of food. stable, then on the 6th day. give him 20 more. after that when u take him out the last time give him some more food and he'll bond

isnt 20 so many food? it just has to be wonderfully happy i think... btw... after i give him food on the 6th day, ill have to stable it again and then wait 1 day and then get him again and give more food?

sniFF said:
17.- Are some monters more likely to give vanquishing or good weapons/armors? Elder gazers, Dragons, Anciant Liches,
can you tell me good spawn areas of those monsters? (i only know wind&destard for dragons)

sniFF said:
ww works like a charm
how its better than a dragon?

sniFF said:
Halberd does more dmg. But katana's are the fastest weaps.
It depends on ur temp and ur preferences. I personly like the katana, cuz i use a shield. :)

on uostratics, there is a thing called DPS (damage per second) the katana has more, why would a halberd will be better or any other weapon with lower DPS?

P.S. Thanks for all ur answers

Addicted

Disciple

X-Halio-X said:
almost all my questions arent answered on stratics..
uogamers doesnt follows tons of things stated on stratics..

P.S. I HOPE SOMEONE TAKES THETIME TO ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS LOL

P.S.S. 25.- Order of leather and scales from WEAKER to STRONGER and where to get them (scales and leather)

That's strange, bucause when I have questions I go there first to see what I can learn. I always find my answers.

And even though things are different here, you can still get the jist of certain things.

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

TheBlackMan said:
stun misses ALOT.
disarm also misses a lot?

TheBlackMan said:
and the uoam problem, when you log out a character, make sure you also close the client that character was on, and open up a new one, or have one already open.
i need to be with 2 or more accounts and that UOAM focuses on showing 1 of those accounts map

Sammich

Wanderer

X-Halio-X said:
its not only applicable to maces and 1 handed maces also?

its because u are probably drinking one, but u can use one after another instantly after you drink one...

i mean... whats the bonus damage?

isnt 20 so many food? it just has to be wonderfully happy i think... btw... after i give him food on the 6th day, ill have to stable it again and then wait 1 day and then get him again and give more food?

can you tell me good spawn areas of those monsters? (i only know wind&destard for dragons)

how its better than a dragon?

on uostratics, there is a thing called DPS (damage per second) the katana has more, why would a halberd will be better or any other weapon with lower DPS?

P.S. Thanks for all ur answers

Obviously the damage in a exceptional katana is (roughly) 11-25, while the damage in an exceptional halberd may be 14-45. Which means, they swing slower, but do more damage in one hit. Some people like to get the first hit with a haly, and finish off with a katana, because it swings faster

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

Addicted said:
That's strange, bucause when I have questions I go there first to see what I can learn. I always find my answers.

And even though things are different here, you can still get the jist of certain things.

hey... but just look, more than 80% of the questions that sniff answered couldnt be answered on uo.stratics.com

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

TheBlackMan said:
Obviously the damage in a exceptional katana is (roughly) 11-25, while the damage in an exceptional halberd may be 14-45. Which means, they swing slower, but do more damage in one hit. Some people like to get the first hit with a haly, and finish off with a katana, because it swings faster
if halberds swing slower how can they be better, before u answer that i need to know how swing works if the person who is attacking or the one being attack are running, and maybe that will answer my question

Sammich

Wanderer

X-Halio-X said:
if halberds swing slower how can they be better, before u answer that i need to know how swing works if the person who is attacking or the one being attack are running, and maybe that will answer my question

Ok, say your katana hits two times in 4 seconds and does 40 damage.

Your halberd hits one time in 4 seconds and does 40 damage.

Neither is just overall better, its the player that makes the weapon what it is, however if you are chasing I suggest you chase with a faster weapon. But when they stop to cast whip that haly out and conc the shit out of them.

Some facts :
Haly's cannot be stolen
Haly's perform concussion blows

Katanas can be stolen
katana is a one handed weapon, thus not doing a concusion blow, however you can hold a shield with one equiped or chug a potion without having to disarm it.

Sammich

Wanderer

X-Halio-X said:
yeah, it will only show 1 map, but how to change which character map its showing?

You have to completely close the client it is currently tracking to get it to show another client, keep in mind when UOAM was designed it wasnt set for multi clienting.

sniff

Wanderer

--> I dp my weaps but most of the time it only takes 1 cure pot to cure it.. :(

--> as far as i know its only for 2 handed axes. if someone knows if 1 handed axes get the bonus too. Please let me know.

--> 20 food is nothing really. go to a provisioner and just buy up. they dont cost that much.

--> good spawn areas of those monsters? um. theres a few good places, there's a bunch of elder spawns in t2a, if ur feeling frisky go to hyloth lvl 4 or shame lvl 4 ( lots of pk gank squads there ) for dragons go to destard, or theres also a little tower up above the desert with a dragon / drake spawn.

--> a ww in my opionion is better cuz it just is.. lol i dunno. im pretty sure it goes:

Nightmare
ww
dragon
etc.

--> i like to think of it like this.
a vanq katana will cut ur enemy to pieces ( You can also dp it =) )
a vanq hally will do alot of dmg. but if i was looking to do max dmg. i would train lumberjacking, and use a 2 handed axe. ( way more dmg )

oh and if u want the concution blow. the 2 handed axes do that aswell.

so if u make a lumberjack dude, and use an axe, u get the +20 % dmg plus conc blow = quick kills

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

cursis said:
3) I believe its 0% It affects the damage of axes.. and ytou need swords to use them when fighting.
it gives a bonus for sure i think, but any kind of sword will work?

cursis said:
4) Poisoned weapons are good, but you can use the 100 points elsewhere, just make amule to poison weps..
poison runs out really fast, specially while fighting a monster...

cursis said:
7) There no activation of abilities here, they are random mostly.
if u open a combat skill book and they take out primary and secundary abilities button u can activate them by clicking them

cursis said:
8) Did you mean months? its 3 for ethys... and after that you can get different types of ethys and different types of robes/cloaks.
3 for ethereals but not all of them, and yes.. age in months :)

cursis said:
9) I think you might have a max of 6 or 7 to choose.. ones you chosen an ethy theres no point in choosing a different type.
what do you mean a max of 6 or 7?
btw, ethereal bettles have backpack? if so... how can u use it?

cursis said:
11) yes, its quit substanial too.
what do you mean?

cursis said:
14) Yes, but crafdting valorite and the liek gets very hard to make exceptional out of.
and are they better than other ore weapons/armor, and how?

cursis said:
24) Shields don't give very much armour without parrying... so if you don't ahve it its basically useless.
they give like extra 3 armor, it may save my life :p

cursis said:
Sorry for the questions i didn't answer.. im not exactly sure about them..
np, u answered many of them anyway

cursis said:
Damn you addicted, i tookall this time to answer the questiona dn you give hima link.. bah.
yes, help me you too adicted!

sniff

Wanderer

if your going to fight monsters i wouldnt bother using poison.
what u could do tho, is poison a butcher knife and just swap between the two.
poison on ur weap is more for pvp

ore weapons and armour are useless. just use magic items, like hardening or invuln. or for weaps power or vanqs.

oh but a good crafter can make ruinic weaps. but im not sure how much dmg they do.

ive killed a few people with runic weapons. and to be honest with ya. it was ez.