UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Magery & Eval. Int. made easy

Lord_Zero

Sorceror
Magery & Eval. Int. made easy

Many people that decide to train magery and evaluating inteligence will pick up the hard way - by using reagents/lrc sets for magery and then casting clumsy on theirselves for evaluation inteligence.
Yet those skills are easy to raise without any of these things.
For magery pick up a Mage Weapon -XY Magery skill. It doesn't have to be a spell channeling one though.Then just start a fight with a friend somewhere in Feluuca if you are unguilded or in the Jhelom Fighting pits. While you are wielding the mage weapon your magery skill is considered a war skill [like swordsmanship for example] and whenever you attack someone with a mage weapon you have a chance of gaining in magery. This way it's much more cheaper for the new player than using reagents or finding a lrc set.
For evaluating inteligence - make Active use of it! Stand in the middle of some bank like Luna, create a macro for eval. int. and use it on the people and you'll gain in it.

pbguy434

Knight
Have you tried this out? I have heard that does not work.

And people actually cast clumsy to gain Eval Int? People cast clumsy to get Resisting spells, unless I am overestimating their smart-ness.

Thanks for the guide though.

Merberol

Wanderer
works

i started this server a few hrs ago .. i am now gm eval int ... as soon as i find myself a mage weapon ill start swinging att stuff with it ....

WarriorMan

Wanderer
really for evual int just find a vendor in luna and just keep using evual on one it can be same one for whole time ive gmed evual int 3 times this way it works its like training antomy really

oh and for magery if you start at 50 you can cast magic reflection to like 75-80 at most then find a mager wepon like 26 where it and start casting magic relfection and just gm it really if you cant gm it that way start casting chain lightning on your self

qweazdak

Wanderer
use eval int on an "blue name" npc or even another player. not yellow.

this guide is like one of the first things on this forum. use search button. man, we do need a sticky on the good guides.

Re: Magery & Eval. Int. made easy

Pbguy434 said:
Have you tried this out? I have heard that does not work.

And people actually cast clumsy to gain Eval Int? People cast clumsy to get Resisting spells, unless I am overestimating their smart-ness.

Thanks for the guide though.

Yes you can. ;D

I just trained Resist and Eval. on my character casting Clumsy on me. ^^

Kalkin

Sorceror

I don't understand the use of the Mage Weapon. I have a mage character and I tried to use a katana with the Mage Weapon attribute (-28 skill) to raise Magery but Swordsmanship raises instead. It wasn't just this single weapon either. I tried an axe mage weapon another time and again Swordsmanship raised instead of Magery.

I tried sparring with a guild mate inside my house in tram, as well as fighting monsters and animals around the countryside.

Do mage weapons not work on this shard?

I am right in thinking that Magery should raise instead of Swordsmanship or is it just a chance of raising Magery instead of Swordsmanship? ( I did try it for quite a while and raised Swordsmanship quite a few points. )

Or do you have to be in fel for Mage Weapons to work?

Thanks

pbguy434

Knight

I thought that raising magery with a mage waepon didn't work, so I am not surprised it didn't work for you.

Kalkin

Sorceror

Well I saw posts of people looking to buy mage weapons so I assumed there was a reason for that. It would be nice if someone who knew for sure could tell us about this. Is there somewhere one can check to find out the differences between this shard and the official OSI ones?

And why is this skill guide still here if it contains incorrect information?

Thanks again

TravisMills

Sorceror

People buy spell chan mage weps so they can gm magery with invis.

I gmd my magery with a sc mage wep eval with clumsy and resis with curse. It gms all three really fast that way.

heal
bless
greater heal
paralyze
invis till gm if u got mage wep if not
75-gm mana vamp
what i did hope this helps

Kalkin

Sorceror

I appreciate your help but this adds to my confusion. Why does the weapon have to have the Mage Weapon property and not just Spell Channeling?

I am taking my information on these item properties from UOStratics and it
seems the Mage Weapon property is just for raising Magery instead of the
regular skill for the particular weapon ( e.g. swordsmanship for a sword ).
If the Mage Weapon property doesn't work like that here I don't see how that property would have any effect one way or the other? One will still need to use regs to raise Magery right?

ZNICK

Wanderer

I tested this last night, mage weapons raise the weapon skill, NOT magery.

Z

the point is such:

The mage weap property lowers your magery by x amount, making it easier for you to gain off lower-level, less mana-intensive spells. Since the skill level is lower, you gain faster as well. If its spell channel, you can have it equipped for a penalty on your magery. Say im at 50.0 magery. If i equip a -25 SC mage wep, my magery is now effectively 25. I can cast bless till 40.0 or so, then take off the wep and voila, 65.0 magery with less time than if i casted magic reflect till 65.0

ZNICK

Wanderer

I realize that... what I meant, was in reply to whoever said earlier in the thread that you can raise magery by melee'ing with a mage weapon, you can't. That's what I tested.

Z

Dinnin

Wanderer

Has anyone tried using mage weapons in melee combat with the appropriate weapon skill locked? There is a relitively new thread on Stratics in the mage forum about this working only if the weapon skill is locked. I.E. for the fella that was using a Katana, locking swords, then going out meleeing things.

I'll give it a try when I get a chance and post the results if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Radenb

Wanderer

Kalkin said:
I don't understand the use of the Mage Weapon. I have a mage character and I tried to use a katana with the Mage Weapon attribute (-28 skill) to raise Magery but Swordsmanship raises instead. It wasn't just this single weapon either. I tried an axe mage weapon another time and again Swordsmanship raised instead of Magery.

I tried sparring with a guild mate inside my house in tram, as well as fighting monsters and animals around the countryside.

Do mage weapons not work on this shard?

I am right in thinking that Magery should raise instead of Swordsmanship or is it just a chance of raising Magery instead of Swordsmanship? ( I did try it for quite a while and raised Swordsmanship quite a few points. )

Or do you have to be in fel for Mage Weapons to work?

Thanks

did you ever try locking swordsmanship maybe then magery would take over and start gaining instead...if this guide does infact work...:rolleyes:

to train eval int i used a script that shoots magic arrow on yourself then heals you, it's hard to run out of mana and you get quick gains (also equipment is not damaged)

xaxas

Wanderer

The fastest way to train eval int is, as Lord_Zero said, using the skill actively (like anatomy, animal lore, etc.). This is the cheapest, safest, fastest and easiest to macro way.

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

Anytime I've trained a beginner mage I would just train..

Magery
Eval INT
Resistance
Meditation

all at the same time.

clumsy /bless/curse/invis(to gm as Travis said) and a sc weapon/lrc% gear. Just thought this was the easiest way if you can get your hands on stuff.

You don't need 100% lrc gear or anything, even 50% will do the trick, just let it macro over night.

I might be mistaken but I believe you can just start with 50 or buy your skill up to 30, equip the sp weapon and use clumsy up to 55-60 or so, then take the weapon off and use invis up to 75-80, then put the sc weapon on and train to GM. So you might only need those two spells. I recall using bless/curse a little if my gains were slow, but usually I macroed overnight, and GM'ed by morning.