UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Magery guide.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer
Magery guide.

Ok well this is my guide to ur gming of magery!!

Hehehe for all u wondering :D

§- You must get an lrc suit first, if u cant get a 100% but have a decent number like 80 + that will do.

§- From 0-20 cast clumsy on you this will raise eval and resist just a bit

§- from 20-40 cast bless

§- from 40 to 55 cast magic reflect

§- from 55 to like say 80 cast invisibility

§- from 80 to like 90 cast energy fields

§- from 90 to gm cast earth quake :D

pbguy434

Knight
Bardic said:
why not use mage weapon???????
Then make a guide explaining to us how to equip one!

Jeeze, this forum is void of guides as it is - A good magery guide helps out new players.

Selenosis

Sorceror
Re: Magery guide.

Magery

0.0 - 10.0 1 Weaken
10.0 - 20.0 2 Strength
20.0 - 33.0 3 Bless
33.0 - 48.0 4 Curse
48.0 - 62.0 5 Magic Reflect
62.0 - 76.0 6 Invisiblity
76.0 - 90.0 7 Gate travel
90.0 - 100.0 8 Earthquake

bzk90

Lord

I've picked up 80% and better suites for 10-15k...make some bod farmers and sell 10-15 small reset bods at 1k a piece

Kelroth

Wanderer

luigi-demise;70232 said:
Dunno most people dont have on lol so i decided to make an ez guide :D

It's easier to get a mage weapon than it is to get a 100% LRC suit like your guide says to...

PRETTY good, though I must point out a suggestion for anything below 30%: Best not to bother spending the time on that, but instead simply buy it from an NPC as training. Well worth the few hundred gold for it, in my opinion.

Adjusted, I'd say this, roughly:
  • 0.0 - 28.0% - Purchase from NPC vendor.
  • 28.0 - 42.0% - Greater Heal or another 4th-circle spell
  • 42.0 - 56.0% - Magic Reflection
  • 56.0 - 88.0% - Invisibility
  • 88.0% onward - Equip a weapon with both the properties "spell chanelling" and "mage weapon -xx skill." This will lower your effect magery, and allow you to continue using 6th-circle spells (20 mana per) rather than 7th circle. (which are 40 mana per) You can find mage weapons with as much as the -28% skill necessary to use 6th-circle spells to reach 120.0% magery.

Lippy

Wanderer

3 spells for magery , eval and resist .

mana drain , invisibility , mana vampire .

emoooo

Sorceror

Lippy;304070 said:
3 spells for magery , eval and resist .

mana drain , invisibility , mana vampire .

draining your mana is not something you want to do at low resist :s

Lippy

Wanderer

emoooo;304245 said:
You should try it before you post .

This is an old , old , proven method for training magery eval and RESIST at the same time .

Its the best way to gain all 3 .

There is no debate.

emoooo;304245 said:
Ah, yes, but when you drain it with a spell you cast, where does the drained mana go, hm? ;)

Lippy

Wanderer

Well , if you have ever casted mana drain , you would know , that the mana comes back when the spell wears off . Give it a shot .

LadySiren

Wanderer

emoooo;304245 said:

Mana drain is temporary, you will usually regain the mana back by the time you can recast. Plus, as your resist and eval should both be increasing the effect should have little to no effect.

LadySiren

Wanderer

Lippy;304376 said:
You should try it before you post .

This is an old , old , proven method for training magery eval and RESIST at the same time .

Its the best way to gain all 3 .

There is no debate.

Debates:
Why cast invis? Paralyze would be a much better choice (ever so slightly slower, but youre gaining both resist and eval as well)

LadySiren;304772 said:
Debates:
Why cast invis? Paralyze would be a much better choice (ever so slightly slower, but youre gaining both resist and eval as well)
Why would it be a better choice?

I presume you mean that in that it's a way to train both magery and resisting spells, no? However, in this case, thanks to the paralysis that would occur here (given that your magery at this point would almost certainly be a good bit above your resisting spells) it'd be slower... And actually slower than just separating the two skills into different macros: Invisibility to gain magery here, and later Clumsy, Weaken, or Feeblemind later; with 2/6 casting, (not too hard to do even with an LRC suit; just get a 0/2 15% LRC book and a pair of 1/2 jewels) Those debuff spells can be repeated every half-second; using those you can GM Resisting Spells in less than an hour.