UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Making a Thief

Mertek

Wanderer
From my experience, GM Detect Hidden on NPC shopkeeper chests does not reveal traps, even with a bunch of attempts. Whether it works on treasure chests and dungeon chests is beyond me at this point.

mustard

Wanderer
Buonarroti said:
Timer should be two minutes of being grey to everyone, and you're perma to the mark until you die. Poison comes in handy for killing yourself to wipe your perma status, btw. There's nothing more annoying than swiping something great and getting away with it only to run into some guy you stole from two days ago and getting killed and looted.

Snooping (or as I like to call it "shopping") won't reveal you if you succeed. At gm snooping you should rarely fail, making it invaluable. Nothing like stealthing around an entire group and choosing the best item to target when they have no clue you're even there.

If anyone wants to trade tips just pm me- I recently came back after a few years out of the game, but i used to play on dial up, which forced me to get creative in order to survive.
Okay, that is what I thought as far as the grey timer and wiping it when you die. I also just came back after a few years away, btw. I used to play back when I was the fastest thing around on a free dial up (Netzero). Haha. Anyway, what's been happening to me is I've been getting attacked and killed in town as a blue, without having stolen anything since being ressurected. This is what I'm confused about. Just wondering if the server rules are different.

Buonarroti

Wanderer
That's something i don't know and will have to look into. Since my thieves name is also Buonarroti (shoulda thought that through a bit, lol.) i'm recognizable, and have to use disguise kits a lot. Post any new info here and i'll do the same.

Buonarroti

Wanderer
We've gotta test this. There's a chance that once you're in the thieves guild you can be KoS, even if you're blue with no consequences. If that's the case, thank god for disguise kits.

And btw, does anyone know where in the hell i can buy staves? As in barrell staves? I need a bunch to try a stealing experiment. Thanks.

mustard

Wanderer
Buonarroti said:
There's a chance that once you're in the thieves guild you can be KoS, even if you're blue with no consequences. If that's the case, thank god for disguise kits.
This is what I've been wondering. Hmm. Should be easy to test if we can get it organized.

mustard

Wanderer
It just happened again. I rezzed and went to the bank and someone promptly killed me. My timer should have been wiped.

I tested it with another account I have and my other character got guard whacked when I attacked my thief. I don't understand the difference.

After you've been killed, if they don't go in and out of War Mode they can still attack you and you'll stay grey for a while. I want to say two minutes, but it may be longer than that, just try to steer clear of your attacker for a while and you should be okay.

i've noticed i get killed often to for no apperant reason. i want to say that Buonarroti is right and you do go KoS even if you are blue, therfore anyone the recognizes you could attack at any time.

mustard

Wanderer
Okay. Good to know. I like knowing what to expect.

By the way I am still laughing at what we did tonight to poor Nakajima.

lol

Buonarroti

Wanderer
You guys need to start taking screen shots and making episodes man. Part of the fun of being a thief is having stuff to read while waiting for the 2 minute timer to expire.