UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Miscellaneous changes

Re: Miscellaneous changes

Go_Ask_Alice said:
Krrios does this count as items that are not detected. IE: you successfully steal an item from someone, then fail and die. Will the item you SUCCESSFULLY STOLE be flagged and moved fromy our bank to the players backpack after you die from the next steal which was Failed or Was noticed?

Does that question make sence?

I see what you're saying, like if you steal from someone twice, first time you are successful, the second time you get guard whacked, does the item you first stole return to the owner as well?

I'm guessing yes it will return 'if" its been under 2 minutes since you stole it.

Good question though.

Thalon

Wanderer

krrios said:
We've implemented a few changes, detailed below:

• When a thief dies, any items he has recently stolen will be returned to their previous owner.
  • Recently stolen items are no longer tradable.

great addons!

FuryTrack

Wanderer

Well then.. I'm happy that I deleted my thief a few days ago (I was NightLife, aka Disarm thief that used to be at bucs all the time). Sure it seperates good thiefs from bad thiefs but it also nerfs good thiefs so bad.. Now I'll have to wait 2 minutes before I try and steal anything else so I don't get para ganked whenever I steal something good..

Characters who are flagged criminal will no longer be able to enter dueling areas.

This one isn't working, I just watched 3 people run into the dueling area who were all grey.

rjjb

Wanderer

Testamentx-hybrid said:
This one isn't working, I just watched 3 people run into the dueling area who were all grey.

Read the original post.. "pending the next server restart."

Caz

Knight

I play thieves a lot, and I think they're good additions... 'Tis annoying if someone insists on stealing your three black pearl you have for recalling or such and when they get whacked someone loots 'em.. would be nicer if only the person who got stolen from could loot him or something.. *shrugs* Nice changes, anyway.

Keep up the good work! =3

XIQJX

Wanderer

Untouchable855 said:
Woot Woot, it wont happen to anyone else. I lost 32k this way. bank was full so I lost it.

nice to see its being fixed :)

I lost a large sum to a different poker bug and it was never dealt with. ;/

travis-hybrid said:
LOL I bet a million bux he did this cuz hes sick of thieves stealing his 20 charge lightning wands and 15 charge gheal wands.

Exactly what I was thinking tbh.

pureshok

Wanderer

Geeze thieves are even more worthless now. Not only does a newbie with 0 detect and hiding can easily unstealth us with gmed hiding and stealing, but now when we finally do steal if we get killed within the two mins our items get auto returned? How is this realistic? If some guy steals your stuff and hides it away it doesnt auto return to you when the thief gets jailed. Thus why some stolen items still have been recovered even after the thiefs been jailed. I mean what is the motivation to make a real thief? (meaning one who isnt just a mage with stealing)

pureshok

Wanderer

btw I wouldnt mind the changes if thief skills were at least = to the anti thief skills, but with the way things are now theres really no point for a real thief.

Sonntag

Sorceror

I can't see what the problem with this might be. Seems like a fair addition. Most of my good steals I live through anyway so I'm hardly going to be put out by this. Besides I like the challenge rather than the loots more often than not. Its all good.

pureshok

Wanderer

Sonntag said:
I can't see what the problem with this might be. Seems like a fair addition. Most of my good steals I live through anyway so I'm hardly going to be put out by this. Besides I like the challenge rather than the loots more often than not. Its all good.

Well I guess thieves are still good for screwing over other players by stealing there last regs :p Stealing for profit though seems a bit out though =)

Caz

Knight

pureshok said:
Geeze thieves are even more worthless now. Not only does a newbie with 0 detect and hiding can easily unstealth us with gmed hiding and stealing, but now when we finally do steal if we get killed within the two mins our items get auto returned? How is this realistic? If some guy steals your stuff and hides it away it doesnt auto return to you when the thief gets jailed. Thus why some stolen items still have been recovered even after the thiefs been jailed. I mean what is the motivation to make a real thief? (meaning one who isnt just a mage with stealing)

Not much now... but everyone seems to hate thieves here, anyhow. The other changes are good.

pureshok

Wanderer

Caz said:
Not much now... but everyone seems to hate thieves here, anyhow. The other changes are good.

True I like the anti bank sitting ones, and the two mins of not being able to trade off the items (makes it fun) but the "auto return"? wtf come on now thats just LAME. It reminds me of real uo when they kept slowly making thieving more more nerfed until they just killed it. If you have auto return afk bank sitters dont even have to pay attention. 5 out of 1 times the thief will get guard whacked and there auto get there stuff. Basiclly all future thieves are gonna have to kill their victim to get away with anything.

Kid Chaos

Wanderer

What I'm not gettin is say I stole a Poisoned weapon from someone successfully and then banked it. Then you go to steal something else and get guard whacked. Will the item that you banked less than two minutes ago go back to the person who owns it? I agree with the item you failed on but if you can't keep items you were successful on whats the point of even being a thief?

Also...If someone was to steal from another person and I had forensic eval and ided him as a thief and killed the thief within 2 mins of the crime. Why should the other person get the item when I was the one who put the thief to justice?

pureshok

Wanderer

Kid Chaos said:
What I'm not gettin is say I stole a Poisoned weapon from someone successfully and then banked it. Then you go to steal something else and get guard whacked. Will the item that you banked less than two minutes ago go back to the person who owns it? I agree with the item you failed on but if you can't keep items you were successful on whats the point of even being a thief?

Also...If someone was to steal from another person and I had forensic eval and ided him as a thief and killed the thief within 2 mins of the crime. Why should the other person get the item when I was the one who put the thief to justice?

exactly... that last "improvment" is just too much.

Phooey

Knight

JesseJane said:
good changes, thieves shall be raged.
Only the crappy bank thieves. Although I think the timer should be shorter, I don't see it cramping my style at all.

Jismo

Wanderer

Kid Chaos said:

Because it was their item in the first place, If you saw someone snatch a purse irl, you chased and beat them down, would you be entitled to take it?