UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My thoughts on Statloss

Is statloss for murderers bad for the shard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thehitman

Wanderer
Re: My thoughts on Statloss

I Vote Against this B/s....Because i feel like this is exactly what u were saying about how uo gamers helps to much....changing this is just helping the whiner who bitched about being pked in the first place....but w/e thats just my say of things....because some of us reds out there actually do put up fights and arent worthless. I'll say it myself i go to the mines plenty of times. I just camp it, because half the time KoT or other anti-pk guilds come and we fight. The only miners i kill are the ones who talk shit. otherwise there are plenty of miner's that just mine right around me and i could care less....The only thing i think is pretty much getting out of hand...and this goes for every PvP class..Fact's Order/chaos/ and pk's....The Ganking is getting out of control....learn how to lvl fight.....

Oh yeh....MvP Ownz the Desert ....If u think we're such noobs...walk through and see who owns what 1 V. 1 lvl homie..

Dracnon

Wanderer

My opinions on why is it bad..summarized:

- only difference in gameplay is ppl will be macroing over night instead of turning their PC's off when they go to sleep

- instead of getting rezzed and comming back to kill you, a red will just log onto an alt and do the same

- I've seen red tamers take on 5-10 ppl easily, why can't blue tamers do the same?

- I enjoy red v red fights, especially when they call in their guilds (these tend to me smaller groups, unlike factions... 3 v 3 = fun, 15 v 12 = lame.

- It will kill solo'ing.

- The people who aren't great at pvp and are red...will just become factioners who aren't great at pvp (kill reds to boost factions much?)

- If people think reds are bad now, wait till they have something to risk...then they'll really call in the gank squad on you.

- Trying to run over 50 hidden people at WBB while 50 factioners try to para you isn't pvp, red is pvp, faction is gank v gank.

Jambo-hybrid

Wanderer

Lol. Statloss would be good and bad. More pks will tend to house hiding and cheaper tactics, but they will think twice about attacking. I am for it.

Chicka

Wanderer

AGAINST

I'm AGAINST

Point black Period this is bull shit

I would rather you make tram then stat loss, and I'm Anti Tram

If you do make this i would all so like to know how its gonna work, What will the stat loss be {How Much} can U wait to get res'ed SO it will not Efect you....

For one im on a 56k so its all ready hard enof on my red.

Any way i bitched enof in the last Form.

but this is still tramy bull shit

I'm AGAINST

Ty Chicka

Zak'Zull

Wanderer

I think statloss should only be outside of dongeons or mabey even none outside and some inside to keep pkers out of dongeons

FoHa

Wanderer

Frankly weither or not its the old osi count system or the 1/4th it dont matter to me. Im sure like anyone else who pk'd back on osi that were serious murderers you do eventually die no matter how good you are it just happens and your char is pretty much toast and its time to make another. Yes pks in dungeons do to some extant keep tamers in check so they dont farm 24/7 but thats how it always is there will still be pks on this server if stat is put in cuz the ones that will still pk arent lil pussy bitchs that sit in minoc mines all the day. thats my 2 cents

Statloss on UOG: Hybrid will:

-Encourage reds to work together.
-Encourages blues to work together against the reds, (especially if there are also bounty boards).
-Increase the faction pvp by having all those who can't handle/don't want to handle the statloss of being a red to find alternative methods of PvP.
-Deter the pointless accumilation of kill counts.
-Discourage the killing of players that will just give a kill count and offer no valuable loot (i.e. miners, new players, roleplayers).
-Give the PKs that still choose to be red more respect on the field, and thus more people that want to hunt them down (always a plus).
-Reduce the amount of bitching from players getting pointlessly PK'd because "pointless" PKing will be significantly reduced as the PKs won't want to get just another kill count.
-Possibly decrease the population slightly, but it would come back and then some when people realize that the PK population is not oppresive.
-Force reds to work together, get organized, get skills, or get the fuck out.
-Increase guild wars and guild loyalty because, as a PK, you can fight and kill those you're war'd with in town, and they can't report you. A double win for the statloss situation.
-Increase honor among PKs.
-Increase blue teamwork to defeat the evil reds.

I support the implementation of statloss on UOG: Hybrid. I think it would benefit the shard as a whole. Sure some players will quit, but other players will come specifically because there is statloss. The only stipulations I made would be to keep the times as reduced as Ryan mentioned before and to keep it so that statloss doesn't occur until you resurrect. Otherwise it is just excessive macroing and that gets really tedious and pointless. 1 hour per short term is not too much, or too little, and would work perfectly for the shard, in my opinion.

Lord Kuja

Wanderer

I think statloss is a great idea. I think it is getting rediculous when you get killed in a dungeon and then have to find your way out, get rezzed then get restocked, come back into the dungeon to recover your pet that they killed for no apparent reason whatsoever, and getting pked all over again. And like you said, it is also retarded how pks always use their target blue macro on the first thing they see. This is especially bad for new players. Imagine starting a new shard... your excited because it has a ton of people and it looks very balanced to you (without all the stupid Vanquish Faction shit for example). So you go out into the forest to get some hides to sell. You see a red name flashing onto the corner of your screen. You are surprised to see it and finally realize "Oh, they know I don't have anything, they wont kill me" but sure enough the second you see the pk you are already paralyzed and having 35 explosions cast on you by the pks friends.

Yeah, I really think we need a balance and statloss is just the cure I think.

ramrod

Wanderer

ViXen said:
I Vote Against this B/s....Because i feel like this is exactly what u were saying about how uo gamers helps to much....changing this is just helping the whiner who bitched about being pked in the first place

Spoken like a true pk

tbkiah

Wanderer

I am partly for and against... depends on how much stat loss there is, as int he percentage you go down... and how many murder counts it takes... if it is one i say no because if i accidently kill someone because of last target and they get pissed and report i don't want to get stat loss.. if its 5, you can accidently kill 5 people... like another poster said, it would be good if pks didn't get stat loss if they die say in a dungeon... because if you go into a dungeon, you know whats could possibly happen, but on the other hand, people should be able to farm small dungeons such as shame or despise and not have the bother of pks because it is not worht their while to get 1k gold, and should allow stat loss for jackasses who do this.

The problem is punishing the Pk'ers who don't do this, this has always been the problem with stat loss, you want to weed out the red ganks, but it seems to bring more so they don't die. You want to weed out the losers that pk miners. But at the same time you don't want to severly punish the Pk's who are actually real to the cause. But you can laways just macroe off your short term murders in a couple of days...

That's another question, will it be short term murders on OSI that sets the stat loss counter, or is it the Long Terms, because with short terms being the stat loss thing, you are still going to get jackasses pking miners because they can work off their short terms in 2 days and be able to pk all over again....

Sorry for the long post...

Personally I believe the random pking in this shard is great. Why should my mule be able to roam the woods gathering supplies without any threat to him. Where is the aspect of danger if I know the reds wont want to waste a pk on him. The fear that while in a dungeon or simply running goods between my house and bank that a red could come by and kill me is what makes this game exciting. Just so everyone knows I am not some guy who pks all day. The most murders I have on a character is probably less then 20. I just like the fact there is an element of danger in everything you do.

Zak'Zull

Wanderer

Azareil said:
Okay, I'm not for statloss because it would ruin the RP on this shard. The shard would suddenly be about who has the most items. (It's already pretty ridiculous when there's a guild that's objective is bank sitting.)
Now then, let's also look at Statloss in a realistic manner. If I murdered someone, I don't think the court would say "You're losing 5% of your skills, good luck macroing off your murder count!" No, they would say "Go to jail." And in Jail, I could either wait my term out or attempt an escape.
I would think it'd be very interesting if some sort of jail system is implemented. A good one, not some "Iwillnotmurder" thing. Make a new area, or convert a town that's hardly used, Occlo for example, into a jail town. Make it possible to escape, but make it difficult. In certain cases, this would be a bit more fun. In the end though for RPers, It makes no sense. "Ah ha! Orc! Thou hast been killed! Go to jail!" Erm.... I don't think that's how it works, nor does "Ah ha! Orc! Thou hast been vanquished! Lost 5% of your skills for being an orc!"

Im totally with wirg on this one :>

Sabre73

Wanderer

Ryan you are sooo right, my brother is gonna hate it but its true I watch him with his red killin miners,RESes, and anyone that comes round, add it and for god sake put back in the Bounty Givs reds a challege when they become the hunted as there will be Red hunters again, Tracking,Forensic ID, and the like skills will be once again great skills for Murder Hunters, it will add deversity and flair to the Shard and only make it better, there will still be gankin but the thrill will be more increased

I say Giver!

I feel that PKing as it is now has gotten a little bit crazy, there are so many reds and atleast 50% of tamers are now red because of the siege ruleset being implemented.

The mass amount of PKs has also sparked more pvp in a way, me and my irl buddy will both log on blues and go to the usual PK hotspots and kill the PKs that are griefing miners, tamers, etc..

I think that statloss would increase gameplay in certain aspects of the shard.. non pvp related aspects.

Tamers would now be able to hunt, GM skills outside of guards.. miners would be able to mine without the constant worry of a pk stealing their ingots, etc

On the other hand, it would result in a possible loss of playerbase and a loss of PKers in general, which means less Red Vs. Blue style pvp.

So in conclusion i'm really torn in between the two choices and can't really vote but thats my opinion.

Lorthic

Knight

Cebrious Arcane said:
Statloss on UOG: Hybrid will:

-Encourage reds to work together.
-Encourages blues to work together against the reds, (especially if there are also bounty boards).
-Increase the faction pvp by having all those who can't handle/don't want to handle the statloss of being a red to find alternative methods of PvP.
-Deter the pointless accumilation of kill counts.
-Discourage the killing of players that will just give a kill count and offer no valuable loot (i.e. miners, new players, roleplayers).
-Give the PKs that still choose to be red more respect on the field, and thus more people that want to hunt them down (always a plus).
-Reduce the amount of bitching from players getting pointlessly PK'd because "pointless" PKing will be significantly reduced as the PKs won't want to get just another kill count.
-Possibly decrease the population slightly, but it would come back and then some when people realize that the PK population is not oppresive.
-Force reds to work together, get organized, get skills, or get the fuck out.
-Increase guild wars and guild loyalty because, as a PK, you can fight and kill those you're war'd with in town, and they can't report you. A double win for the statloss situation.
-Increase honor among PKs.
-Increase blue teamwork to defeat the evil reds.

I support the implementation of statloss on UOG: Hybrid. I think it would benefit the shard as a whole. Sure some players will quit, but other players will come specifically because there is statloss. The only stipulations I made would be to keep the times as reduced as Ryan mentioned before and to keep it so that statloss doesn't occur until you resurrect. Otherwise it is just excessive macroing and that gets really tedious and pointless. 1 hour per short term is not too much, or too little, and would work perfectly for the shard, in my opinion.

I am neither for or against it at this point, Ceb. What I'm curious about before I make my final decision is, "how will this work?" I mean, will it be permanent, or temporary? How much skill will we lose and what is it dependent upon? What if another red kills me? What if a monster kills me? What if an orange kills me? Can I only lose stats by being killed by a blue or are all of the above a threat to my character's well-being?

A lot of my friends told me that they abhor this change and won't think twice about leaving this shard if this is implemented; however, that will be their decision, and as for me, I will stay no matter what is done. I would just like to know what is being done, how it will be done, and the formula of the system being implemented.

Thank you,
Lorthic

Dakotah

Wanderer

I'm for stat loss. But like Pete said, a shard wide reprieve would have to happen for this to fly over well. I'm a complete newbie here, but I've played on many other shards with no statloss. Why did I quit them? Because I'd be out mining and some asshole would come kill/res-kill me for no reason. What's the point in that? I'd log onto my main and go after them, and they'd run away. Actions like that should not go unpunished. This ruins the fun for not only me, but many other newbie players who potentially could have stayed and made a reputation for themselves in the shard, but didn't because of a bad first impression.

Ryan, think of your initial statement... "I think the majority of the players on this shard are pure bred pussies." What incentive do new players have to stay on this shard if your statement is their first impression?

philipio

Wanderer

bring in stat loss! my friends quit because they couldnt leave our house without getting killed! by what seems like a pk village around us:p i have seen pks all precast outside of glow walk in and kill sum1 then walk out, they shud get stat loss when they die because theres not much point in blues going after them if they dont! punish the reds!

I think statloss is necessary, sure some real pvpers will suffer from it, but this shard needs a way to stop the rampant mindless miner-killing sassy pks. Right now it feels like reds are preferred, since they can freely gank newbies 3 on 1, rezkill, grief and whatnot and dont suffer any form of punishment (theyre even allowed in town). Theres gotta be consequences to their actions, as there are for the thieves, looters and other "evil people".

On the other hand, the anwswer could be something different, maybe give counts only when the victim doesnt fight back, it worked for the Lineage games, where pvpers dont turn red, and only the guys who kill defenceless people do. Maybe it could be made so you can only give a count if you dont fight back? i dunno.

Then the idea someone posted about jail. That would be awesome, a real jail place, where the "caught" (killed) pks would have to spend their time instead of being silly ghosts waiting for the counts to erode. Hard to implement smoothly, but would really mean something.

And if its not fair cause some of you have 500 counts, its as easy as turning everyone blue at the same moment stat loss is implemented. Then we'd see who the real men are, when they became red again, knowing the consequences.

just my 2 cents (yeah, flame me, i suck)

jhaglund

Sorceror

MDK=MDGAY said:
I actually think it would be a cool addition, BUT ONLY IF, All counts are wiped before this goes in to effect, otherwise it's just not fair

i second that... a complete wipe would do this server good...

to those who bought rewards: thank you but please shut the fuck up

Pepsi_Rox said:
If you do it, More factions, more organized pvp

If you dont do it, more random pks, more pointless pks...

whats the better idea :p

Quoted for truth

I'm all for stat loss, let the kids who think that ganksquads are real PvP learn a lesson the hard way for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.