UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Nearly 100 accounts have been banned...

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Re: Nearly 100 accounts have been banned...

zetamine said:
I'm sure you've already considered this, but as I haven't seen anyone else mention it, I will. I have 3 accounts on Hybrid. I've donated on each account. Sometimes I will buy a few million from the Donation Site in order to play poker. My thoughts are this, if the currency of Hybrid isn't transferrable to US$ anymore, won't this cause it to depreciate? If I donate 25$ to play poker, then I happen to win a million gold playing, I can't win my money back. That's all I'm trying to say.

I'm not here to be a gambling game for you.

pwned?

so someone can pay someone for UO gold.....show proof and the person that sold it gets banned...and the person who bought it gets rewarded?

Perkis

Wanderer

I respect your decision to stop fraud and what have you, but Ryan, if someone is buying something for real life money, and decides to get the guy who sold them banned with all of this proof (suchas receipts and what not), isn't that just unfair. Shouldn't the person who is buying get in trouble too? And not rewarded? That's a little corrupt if you ask me :/

zetamine

Sorceror

Ryan said:
I'm not here to be a gambling game for you.

Texas Hold Em' is a game system that you've implemented into the game, so techincally, you ARE a gambling game for everyone. I was merely stating that the rule was detrimental to the Poker Crowd. I stated previously in this thread that "I'm sure you've already considered this", and I respect your decision, I just wanted to share my views.

I've donated over 500$ to UOGamers and just wanted to share my opinion since I "thought" that's what this topic was for.

I'm aware, I play on alot of these websites. Won 540$ on Blackjack yesterday. I've never sold any of my gold from UOGamers, but I sold alot of gold on OSI back in the day. I guess I just thought it wasn't an issue. I'm sure Ryan has his reasons. I'm just putting in my $0.02.

[email protected] UO Gamers: Order reciept #21095! Jul 12 7KB
[email protected] UO Gamers: Order reciept #20984! Jul 8 8KB
[email protected] UO Gamers: Order reciept #20983! Jul 8 9KB
[email protected] UO Gamers: Order reciept #20982! Jul 8 7KB
[email protected] UO Gamers: Order reciept #20972! Jul 7 7KB
[email protected] UO Gamers: Order reciept #20969! Jul 7 7KB

I've supported the RunUO Community whenever I've been able, and it's disheartening to be met with unprovoked aggression.

Zagar230

Sorceror

you can thank deags for this guys :) but he wont tell who did it....but its about time someone took this an efect i'd reather donate then do this shit.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

zetamine said:
Texas Hold Em' is a game system that you've implemented into the game, so techincally, you ARE a gambling game for everyone. I was merely stating that the rule was detrimental to the Poker Crowd. I stated previously in this thread that "I'm sure you've already considered this", and I respect your decision, I just wanted to share my views.

This rule is not detrimental to the Poker Crowd. There are plenty of people who play poker for poker. Not to sell gold online. And no technically we are not a gambling service. If you want to gamble please go to partypoker or something like that.

zetamine said:
I've donated over 500$ to UOGamers and just wanted to share my opinion since I "thought" that's what this topic was for.

How much you've donated doesn't change the fact that this topic is to let you know that selling gold for "irl cash" is illegal. Not to solicit feedback on the subject.

zetamine said:
I've supported the RunUO Community whenever I've been able, and it's disheartening to be met with unprovoked aggression.

There was no agression what so ever. If you feel that was agression you must be new to the internet. Agression would be me telling you to fuck off and die. However I did not do that.

Hang around long enough and you get to see history repeat itself. Case in point...

1. Ryan informs everyone something is illegal
2. Amid all the replies of "ryan is l33t roxxor" and "ryan is god" and "ryan, please father my children", someone always posts with a statement of how unfair they think this is.
3. Ryan explains its going to remain illegal no matter how much said poster whines and moves on.
4. Poster then states how much money they've donated to the server (as if they now own stock in RunUO) and they are being treated harshly (mind you, had they just shut up and agreed to abide by the rules, none of this would be escalating to this point)
5. Ryan gets tired of the crying and whining, tells said poster to "fall off cliff and die kkthxbye".
6. Said poster returns with verbal threats and more tears, and sometimes a threat of contacting Johnny Cochrane (nevermind that he's dead) to sue RunUO.
7. Ryan bans poster, and closes thread.

I'd say as of right now, we are right at #5.

zetamine

Sorceror

A black man (fast & big) said:
Ryan have you ever lost a forum battle? Ever?

Battle? I don't remember saying anything beyond stating my opinion. And if I were going to argue with Ryan, I wouldn't do it on a free medium that he provides. Who could win? If anything I reiterated that I respected his position. This community is always looking for a fight, I guess everyone's got their internet muscles on. The only reason I stated how much I had donated was to perhaps show how much more income, (ex: me) could potentially bring in to the shard, enhancing it, and so on. It wasn't an attack, it wasn't whining, it was an alternate point of view that hadn't yet been discussed on the forum so I addressed it. I thought that's the point of forums.

kalak

Wanderer

It's not for cheaters remember, It's cause one kid cried one time for not getting his gold or somthing. Since Ryan didn't want to put up with anyone else's shit he just made a rule about not selling gold. I'd like to sell all my shit for IRL $$$ but won't. ):

He more than cried, he actually managed to obtain Ryan's contact information and his mom called Ryan to bitch. You should do a search for the post, the story was pretty funny.

Ryan said:
It's been a while since I've touched on this.

If you sell gold or items for "real life" money on any of our shards you will be banned.

Tonight we banned nearly 100 accounts.

If someone is selling you gold and you report it with an RPV and reciept copies from paypal or however you've paid and have full blown evidence (as a few of our guys did tonight) you WILL be rewarded, it will be worth your time and the person who sells the gold will be deleted/banned.

Wonderful day in the neighborhood....

Sounds like a bait and switch to me...

Trunks2k

Wanderer

kalak said:
He more than cried, he actually managed to obtain Ryan's contact information and his mom called Ryan to bitch. You should do a search for the post, the story was pretty funny.
Omg is this really true??? That's so funny ;p

Apoc Arad

Wanderer

I do a search, with lot of fuckin words (dollar, money, irl, $$$, mom (!), paypal.....) but found nothin :( I keep tryin.

pimpchazz

Wanderer

i dont know bro but i think if someone is willing to spend that IRL gold for this game (lol) we sould be able to sell it to them. its a nice way to make money. i used to do it back in old uo and i would love to do it here.

bballerjess

Wanderer

wait, what if some guy reads this and convinces some one to sell him gold for rl cash via paypal and then reports the guy and gets even more gold and the other guy gets banned because he was clueless to this fact. I had always wondered what the rule was until i read this (and i have money i could sell, im not ome poor idiotic noob) and there may be others like me. i suggest making an in game announcement about this rule. im not disagreeing with it by anymeans however