UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Need advice on a good dexxer template....

rufus-hybrid

Wanderer
Need advice on a good dexxer template....

hey everyone, i messed up with my last char and tried gmin resist last, lol....lets just say i'm makin a new one now. but i wanna make a dexer....i am thinkin this template....feel free to gimme all the advice u want..all the skills i am gonna name r goin to be GM.
sword
wrestling
fencing
tactics
anat
heal
lumberjacking? thikin LJ for the damage increase...start usin holly's and axe's. as for stats, gonna do 100 100 25, but i figure with my combat skills, i can use my special moves and connect with them fairly often, but if u can help with my template, would be great thanks alot guys....also wanted to say thanks for my last post, got alot of good replies. ANY DEXXER TEMPLATES R WELCOME!

Azag

Wanderer
Re: Need advice on a good dexxer template....

If you'er making a pure dexer, then wrestling is a waste. I would suggest you pick your favorite melee style and go with it. I would recommend going with some magery in your template. Having to use recall scrolls to get around gets old very quick. Not to mention you can use the magery to cure and heal yourself if you ever decide to pvp with the character.

I would recommend something like the following:

Melee (Swords, Mace, or Fencing)
Tactics
Heal
Anat
Resist
Magery
Meditation

If you decide to pick up magery and med into your template I would recommend changing your stats around to something like 90/90/45.

I hope this helps.

Jam-hybrid

Knight

You definately need gm resist if you're going to pvp with him. Drop wrestling for resist, drop one more skill for magery and your good.

Sword/lumberjack
resist
magery
swords
lumberjacking
tatics
healing
anatomy

wouldn't be a bad template

da Vinci

Wanderer

Aye, lumberjacking significantly increases your damage if you plan on using an axe.

hivajisa

Wanderer

are u going to pvp or pvm cause if ur pvm do a peacer dexxer wich is any combat skill and music peaceing and healing but if ur pvp do resist healing combat skill and u got two more to gm so put what ever u want there

kdivers

Knight

For a dexer, I would use:

Melee (katana, kryss, or warfork)
Parry (an invul heater can add up to 27 AR)
Tatics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
50 Magery
50 ID (because the wands are overly expensive)

Tsabu

Wanderer

Well once again, everything depends on what type of player you are bud.

A dexxer who hunts in Shame, a dexxer who pvps, a dexxer who murders, a dexxer who factions.... they are all unique in their own different ways.

And please, do yourself a favor and don't ever get more than one melee skill.
If you are wondering the differences:

Sword: A balance between power and speed. Axes with LJ will significantally increase the damage. You will also be able to concussion blows which will reduce enemy players to 50% of their int temporarily.

Fencing: A pure sacrifice to speed. Fencing weapons are all fast, and they give you para blows which will paralyze enemies for 3 seconds. Definately a choice of weapon to use against mages but weaker against meleers.

Macing: A devotion to power. The most powerful weapons are mace class. They do dramatic damage and will break through enemy armor. They will also drain enemy stamina preventing them to run / stun. A great choice for factioners and duelers.

Now, if you have chosen what type of melee you would like to use... I'll give you an awesome template for Faction or PK use.

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist
Magery
Healing
Hiding

115 dex
80 str
30 int

Some ppl will be screaming their lungs out babbling how mind blast will kill you.
Well... a mind blast will severely damage pretty much any "dexxer"... but then again, with that much dex, a decent weapon, a dped kryss, and pots on your side... a mage would be running than casting on you.

If you get caught by a gank, that is where you run and your hiding skill comes in play... meanwhile bandaiding yourself.

Magery isn't used for healing as a dexxer, it serves for the purpose of recalling in and out, and a pre MR cast.

Hope this helps you

drowmetal

Wanderer

Tsabu said:
Well once again, everything depends on what type of player you are bud.

A dexxer who hunts in Shame, a dexxer who pvps, a dexxer who murders, a dexxer who factions.... they are all unique in their own different ways.

And please, do yourself a favor and don't ever get more than one melee skill.
If you are wondering the differences:

Sword: A balance between power and speed. Axes with LJ will significantally increase the damage. You will also be able to concussion blows which will reduce enemy players to 50% of their int temporarily.

Fencing: A pure sacrifice to speed. Fencing weapons are all fast, and they give you para blows which will paralyze enemies for 3 seconds. Definately a choice of weapon to use against mages but weaker against meleers.

Macing: A devotion to power. The most powerful weapons are mace class. They do dramatic damage and will break through enemy armor. They will also drain enemy stamina preventing them to run / stun. A great choice for factioners and duelers.

Now, if you have chosen what type of melee you would like to use... I'll give you an awesome template for Faction or PK use.

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist
Magery
Healing
Hiding

115 dex
80 str
30 int

Some ppl will be screaming their lungs out babbling how mind blast will kill you.
Well... a mind blast will severely damage pretty much any "dexxer"... but then again, with that much dex, a decent weapon, a dped kryss, and pots on your side... a mage would be running than casting on you.

If you get caught by a gank, that is where you run and your hiding skill comes in play... meanwhile bandaiding yourself.

Magery isn't used for healing as a dexxer, it serves for the purpose of recalling in and out, and a pre MR cast.

Hope this helps you

nice, just one question.. can attributes go over 100?

Tsabu

Wanderer

yeah heard they patched it while I was gone ;>

use 100 dex / 90 str / 35 int... no choice ;P

kdivers

Knight

ah dang, they patched it? ya.... that might explain why I'm short stat points now... i used to have 112 str on my smith...