UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

new player, getting raped

2nd day on the server, trying to find a good pet... hiryus dont seem to spawn even after looking for like 5 hours... so im trying greater dragons, im not sure if its because my armor is terrible, but i die in fire ball every time... how in the world do you tame these things?

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
What is your animal taming and lore skill?

You will need over 100 tame and Lore (110 each or so) to tame stronger animals.

Music and peacemaking are easy ways to tame tough creatures.

The Instigator

Sorceror
hiryus and everything else in the hotaka plains share the same spawner, so you have to just run around and kill everything until one spawns, it's not too bad if you drop nature's furies or energy vortex

i have 100 lore/taming i tried peacemaking but it fails at 100 on just about any tamable, is there a specific strategy for greater dragons

mytilus

Sorceror
At gm taming you will have zero chance of taming a greater dragon, even at 120 skill unless you honor yourself first it is going to be tricky. Peace is a waste because it breaks as soon as you try to tame. Either farm up honor (uoguide already explains this in depth so i'm not going to duplicate) or you can lay down some para fields and have a friend crosshealing. In the end you may find the easiest way to get a greater dragon is to purchase one. Good luck and welcome to demise

mytilus

Sorceror
you will notice a few discrepancies since demise is not updated to the same point as osi and likely never will be but you will find most of the info quite helpful here...

also since as a tamer you need a good pet in order to kill mobs for honor gains and to tame a good pet easily you will need honor so you can see the catch 22 here

http://www.uoguide.com/Honor

so if i understand this correctly, you would kill something after honoring to build up honor, then goto the greater dragon, honor yourself, and be able to tame it without it noticing you for a short period?

mytilus

Sorceror
yes when you invoke honor on yourself you can pass amongst all monsters freely unless you attack one and even then only the one you attack will flag on you. i think knight gives you 3 minutes but dont quote me on that =]

also feel free to post game play related questions like this in the future in the general discussion section, this one is for stupid stuff like when is your birthday and what music do people listen to lol

edit again... i see you already found it
pm me if you need scrolls for your tamer template i can probably help you out