UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Yew Militia is now recruiting!

LordCool

Wanderer
New Yew Militia is now recruiting!

It has been 6 years since the fall of the Yew Militia. It has been six years now since Yew was subjected to British rule and law. I Victor Felwind have returned from my years of training and hardship. I have returned to save the people of Yew from the tyranny of Lord British. I have established a small rebel base just outside the control of Lord British’s men, here we will strike out against the Britons! Here we will take back Yew!

Ranks of the Yew Militia
Civilian: These are members of the Yew citizenry, anyone who lives in the Yew region is welcome to join. The rules of RP do not apply as strictly to you. You will be expect to show some form of respect to militia members and refrain from griefing them.
Uniform: None

Soldier: Entry level rank. In order to join you must know the rules of engagement, the rules of the Yew Militia, the location of the Orc fort, the location of the good island and the Objectives of the Yew Militia. Your name must not be something silly or none role playerish and must be capitalized. You are to follow orders given to you by those of higher rank.
Uniform: A blue sash given to you.

Corporal: 2nd rank, this can be earned through dedicated work with the Militia. In order to earn this rank you will need to show dedication towards advancing the goals of the Militia, impress its leaders and be recommended for the position. Ways to impress the leaders is to recruit new members into the guild. Assist new members in training and outfitting themselves. Assistance in capturing IDOCs. You will need to be at least a 5x GM and have 700 skill points, distributed into a competent build in order to attain this rank.
Uniform: A green sash given to you.

Lieutenant: The highest rank. This can be earned through being a leader among others, taking initiative on your own. A leader is someone who organizes soldiers and takes them on Orc raids, captures an IDOC, policing Yew. Doing these things involving other members without me organizing it.
Uniform: A red sash given to you.

Special Ranks: Occasionally special titles will be given out to other members, to represent special rolls. Example: Town Crier. These people hold ranks roughly above corporal but below Lieutenant.

Objectives of the Yew Militia:
Police the Yew area.
-Britons (none Yew) are not permitted within Yewish Lands with weapons of war. All sulfurous ash, nightshade, arrows, bolts, and melee weapons are to be confiscated. Members of the Militia are authorized to confiscate these items through the use of the stealing skill. Murderers found in Yewish lands are to be executed immediately.
Own all housing plots in the Yew area.
-This will be accomplished by recruiting homeowners of the Yew area into the Guild, or Capturing IDOCs.
Have battles with Neighboring RP groups such as Orcs, and TcD.

Rules of the Yew Militia.
These rules apply to Militia members not Civilians.

-Do not attack blue players without a warning of some kind. Greet Britons with something like “Greetings Briton we are from the Yew Militia and need to make sure you are not bringing weapons into our land” Then proceed to search them and demand they turn over the objects on the contraband list. If they resist you are authorized to kill or steal from them and take said items.

-You are only permitted to dry loot, murderers and griefers (including anyone with a stupid name like Grab Yo Nutz) or Generic Player.

-You are not permitted to loot other RP guilds (if griefers are around loot the body but return the items to the fellow RPer).

-Obey orders from a higher ranked members.

-Stay in character, Wear your uniform.

-Do not attack other militia members.

Rules for Civilians.
-Respect militia members.
-Do not attack militia members.
-Do not police, PK or rob form people in the Yew region.

FAQ
Q: Where can I find you?
A: Find a blue sparkle such as the one at the Yew Bank. Follow the right side in the RP portal room till you see the Yew Militia. Go through that portal, you will find the recruitment center there.

Q: Can I ride a mount?
A: Yes, you can ride a mount at any time you wish, including battling other RP members. However some mounts are inappropriate. Mounts you cannot used (ethereal included) are ridgebacks, ostards, and beetles. Horses, swamp dragons, ethereal horses, unicorns and nightmares are all encouraged. Lamas are mounts best suited for our Town Crier and perhaps a court jester. Ki-rins are accepted on a case by case.

Q: I am a tamer, can I use pets.
A: Yes, please do.

Q: I am a mage, and want to wear wizard robes, but it covers my sash. May I?
A: Yes, give me a newbie robe and I will dye it the rank of your color for you.

Q: I don’t like sashes, I like doublets can I wear a doublet of the right rank color.
A: No wear your sash.

Q: Someone of higher rank told me to transfer my house to them. Do I have to obey?
A: Absolutely not, no one of higher rank has the authority to demand items or property of great wealth from you.

AIM: Lungski
Recruitment drives will be every day this week 11pm-1am CST.

Vek

Sorceror
Re: New Yew Militia is now recruiting!

Nice i like the rules, looks like you've put some thought into it ^.^

LordCool

Wanderer

Ozzy;1749632 said:
I might join just to help you guys get started.

That would be cool, guild launch can be difficult. We have 4 members so far including myself.

LordCool

Wanderer

Ozzy;1750711 said:
So you are saying that the Yew milita have to stay blue? I don't see why they can't go red...

Haha, don't worry Ozzy I have no intention on staying blue.

To put down this issue, Blues in the area are considered Britons, and therefor invaders. They are not allowed to bring with them specific items, (nightshade, ash, melee weapons, bolts, arrows). These items will be confiscated from players and in the event that they refuse they will be executed. There is a strong PC economy in the area and people are welcome to shop as long as they are not armed.

Yew will become our land, with our laws.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Just so you guys know I am like uber cheating on my orc and can't be killed so come get me :eek:

LordCool

Wanderer

Ozzy;1750725 said:
Just so you guys know I am like uber cheating on my orc and can't be killed so come get me :eek:

I am sure it will be fine, I can't be killed either.

John McGail

Sorceror

LordCool;1750718 said:

To put down this issue, Blues in the area are considered Britons, and therefor invaders. They are not allowed to bring with them specific items, (nightshade, ash, melee weapons, bolts, arrows). These items will be confiscated from players and in the event that they refuse they will be executed. There is a strong PC economy in the area and people are welcome to shop as long as they are not armed.

Yew will never become your land, not as long as the Sosarian Order of Knights are around!
Long live Lord British!

Ozzy

Sorceror

Finth Desryn Of Yew;1751392 said:
We Shall see how unkillable you are... OZZy i just started back 4 days ago and have joined the yew militia

Ok ppl! Listen up! I am gonna need some uber mega GM powers! Gimme gimme gimme!

Vek

Sorceror

Originally Posted by LordCool

Oh, ok i see that should help greatly with pvp. Nice set-up ^.^ goodluck!

Finth Desryn Of Yew;1751749 said:
Someone better get Ozzy more skills and stats that will not save him from the full force of the yew militia :p

Don't worry... I will trash the full force of the militia. If by full force you mean come to the fort and get stomped into the ground than run.

Engage

Wanderer

Guys these are recruitment threads, leave them for discussion about the guild and recruitment. Comments/questions on small things is fine but trying to make a guild look bad because they don't fit with your "high standards" of RPing is not going to be tolerated.

Vek

Sorceror

Does the Yew Militia allow tamers? Last night we had to fight a guy and his WW. Not a complaint i was just wondering because not many guilds have tamers.