UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

No Roleplayers on Hybrid?

Re: No Roleplayers on Hybrid?

Roleplay on hybird has traditionally died off in the winter months and slowly come back around spring with the rp full force in the summer. "Some" people went to Divinity because of the no mounts; however, most of hybrids rpers either quit for the time being or do not have the free time to play (usually due to school). RP is a dying breed in UO period. With time more and more younger players start up and the level of maturity for rping simply is not there. Most of the servers are filled with complaining little kids who think they are L337 pvpers when in fact it just seems this way because all the good pvpers left. www.rpring.com has always been hybrids main forums to discuss roleplaying. There were some keeping the rp forum on the uogamers forum alive but mainly these were people banned from rpring.

I wish The Orcs would roll again! Nothing was more spectacular than the sweet smell of fresh blood.....Everywhere. I say let the slaughter re-continue.

ap0c0lyps3

Wanderer

Diamond's Inc.;1676572 said:
I wish The Orcs would roll again! Nothing was more spectacular than the sweet smell of fresh blood.....Everywhere. I say let the slaughter re-continue.

Unfortunately this is exactly why most of our RP'ers have left... Even a role-player can't live in their own society without the fear of getting killed... Don't get me wrong, playing evil is great, but there IS a difference between playing Evil and playing an insane murderous barbaric retard...

Most people here don't see that difference.... They seem to think that roleplaying only consists of full word sentences, and thats all.. Then when they kill someone they say that its their character's persona to attack people randomly.... I'm sorry, even Charles Manson didn't attack people at random...

Your an Orc? So you will kill any human onsite? Hell ya you will! But you as an honorable orc, you also should realize that you can allow people to accept defeat... If someone tries hauling ass away from you, you should let them go... Not be some murderous evil scum and chase after them for miles until they are dead... Orcs don't like human and especially hate them, but why leave your clan's area (the spot of your heritage) to do that? Once again this all comes back to there is a difference between being evil and being flip wigged psychotic... But what am I talking about? I'm just a newb that likes to bitch about not being able to even go outside town without donating for another 10k of each reg cause I lost all 10k yesterday in attempts to hunt...

Roxxer

Sorceror

ap0c0lyps3;1676826 said:
Unfortunately this is exactly why most of our RP'ers have left... Even a role-player can't live in their own society without the fear of getting killed... Don't get me wrong, playing evil is great, but there IS a difference between playing Evil and playing an insane murderous barbaric retard...

Most people here don't see that difference.... They seem to think that roleplaying only consists of full word sentences, and thats all.. Then when they kill someone they say that its their character's persona to attack people randomly.... I'm sorry, even Charles Manson didn't attack people at random...

Your an Orc? So you will kill any human onsite? Hell ya you will! But you as an honorable orc, you also should realize that you can allow people to accept defeat... If someone tries hauling ass away from you, you should let them go... Not be some murderous evil scum and chase after them for miles until they are dead... Orcs don't like human and especially hate them, but why leave your clan's area (the spot of your heritage) to do that? Once again this all comes back to there is a difference between being evil and being flip wigged psychotic... But what am I talking about? I'm just a newb that likes to bitch about not being able to even go outside town without donating for another 10k of each reg cause I lost all 10k yesterday in attempts to hunt...

Actualy I am an orc, and have been for a long time. I think i speak for all of us when I say that we love when people try to kill us. Yes, RPing with other RP guilds is fun, but it gets old. If non-RPers didnt come, then there would be absalutely NO RP on Hybrid, atleast for orcs... Thats what keeps us interested, and by the way. Orcs are making a come back on Hybrid, along with a few other guilds. Help us get it going again!

I'm just curious but is the Crow's Nest Tavern just going to sit empty or will we see it actually turn into a hotspot again? btw you have have known me as an RP'r by the name of Norros Nightsong.

Kennyd;1645053 said:
yea pretty impossible to rp with all the retard kids around

you cant rp when 95% of the server isnt rping.... it just doesnt work.

Sure you can- and eventually they join in as well. There's always people who could role play/have role played before, and a lot of them make good people to hang out with at the RP hotspots and even good guild members.

What needs to happen now is for people to start role play guilds with unique, simple and fun ideas and go into Britain and recruit/redirect to their web site. They should hang out at/fight the Orcs, go to the Crow's Nest, run about town role playing, etc, and have fun- attract attention the guild. As I said, sometimes people who don't role play, but know how, will go back into it when they see an interesting guild. I know Dave Lepard, Alex Roberts and some others, as well as, at one time, me, stopped role playing completely despite being pretty prominent members of the role play community before. It didn't take much to get me back, but there's dozens and dozens of people like that just waiting for a cool RP guild to pass by before they make a return and change things. This idea I found was so true when I ran the Imbus Lun Mar^.

Anyway, I think what I'm trying to say is role playing is not lost and what will bring it back is not a new RP land, more staff effort or anything like that, but an effort, large and as a community, or scattered and decentralized, but either one will help get things back to how it was when role play guilds were everywhere; how I would love to see it.

Arven

Wanderer

The Orcs left for game mechanics reasons- why play on Hybrid where people can hide and remount when bola'd, spam overpowered blade spirits, and cast "smart" area effect spells that don't put the caster in any danger when they can play Divinity and deal with none of these things?

Theres also that fact that box krimping was made illegal to spite them and that their mask spawn was routinely deleted by jealous staffers. If the server wanted the orcs to stay they should have treated them better when they were here.

That being said, there will always be an orc presence here, but I really doubt it'll ever reach it's former glory.

Warlox

Wanderer

Complaing about mounts and basic game mechanics is just silly. Divinity sounds fun except the no mounts thing... I still don't get that.

I find it more fun rping orcs in a non-rp environment. But there needs to be adjustments at times. Like now I ride a ridgeback with my orc because there are no more orcs around so I solo, and you can't solo on foot.

I really wish divinity never happened, it really killed rping on hybrid.

Arven

Wanderer

Warlox;1679950 said:
Complaing about mounts and basic game mechanics is just silly. Divinity sounds fun except the no mounts thing... I still don't get that.

I find it more fun rping orcs in a non-rp environment. But there needs to be adjustments at times. Like now I ride a ridgeback with my orc because there are no more orcs around so I solo, and you can't solo on foot.

I really wish divinity never happened, it really killed rping on hybrid.

I'm not talking about mounts or basic game mechanics... there were a series of changes that happened almost all at once that made orc tactics not viable on Hybrid

Warlox

Wanderer

Well the one thing about mounts, if orcs or any rp group for that matter can't gather a decent number of players, I think the no mount rule that most rp guilds adhere to should be adjusted.

When I played a orc on cats/sp sure no mounts didn't matter so much. We had at least 5+ orc players at the furt even at dead times. Maybe when orcs raid and leave the furt some kind of adjustment should be allowed. Like ostards or razorbacks or something.

I'm sure diehard orcs will not like that - but running around solo on foot on hybrid is suicide 10 fold than just soloing.