UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patching

Drittz

Wanderer
Re: Patching

just patched my client to 6.0.5.0 and updated razor now i cant get to the area where i type my username//password and when i do client freezes before the game loads anyonw know what 2 do?

ReZurrecti0n

Sorceror

For those who might still be curious on what to patch up to or whatever...

Posted on: Jan. 25th, 2008

I've just install my UO maybe 2 days ago & was patched all the way up { 6.0.5.0 (Patch77) } And was not able to connect UNTIL I installed the lastest Razor today, THEN I got online just fine. Except maybe a few error messages from Razor, but that probably has something to do with Vista... ( Right Click on Razor & under compatility, check for run as administor I think may solve that issue ) Anyways, I just hope this post helps those who might be having a little trouble or confused...

So if anything, re-install UO, patch up to 6.0.5.0, download and use Razor with Connect UO & you should have no trouble connecting
:):D:cool:

Ravinum

Wanderer

pls. help me! i patched all the way to 6.0.6 today and when i try to log in it does not recognize my account. So i uninstalled uo and installed it again. Now i can't patched it. it says error in patching.. What should i do?

Not sure what the problem with your install is...sorry. I patched to the new one and besides a little "stickiness" in New Haven and Magincia being even MORE empty (no NPC's at ALL) I haven't seen any problems.

Kerry
Kain Thorum [BLD]

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

Sadistik;360299 said:
okay so what would patching give me except maybe a need to reinstall the game due to some bugs ?

The server has not been patched yet so it is not necessary. I have not had any problems yet going to the 6.0.6.0 client nor have I actually noticed any differences.

Hannes-Erich

Sorceror
Re: Plz Help me play again

Oaks;333019 said:
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/

The bottom, 600+mb file could be the 2d version of UO ? Haven't tried it but the top two files are the KR client so I'm just guessing here.

I'm curious about this. I have Mondain's Legacy (uoml_setup.exe), and when reinstalls have been required, the patching process has not taken a mere cup of coffee to get through (more like a couple of pots of coffee, which can't be healthy). The file Oaks referred to is setup-1.46.0.3.exe; and I'm curious to know whether this is the same as my uoml_setup.exe, or if it is in fact a closer-to-current setup that will save me some time and coffee in the future, if I store a copy for the next reinstall.

Does anyone have any idea? Hmm?

Oaks

Knight

Try downloading it ?

I'll give it a go later today when I'm on the university network. I'll let you know what it is.

Caine

That is a closer to current. ML is version 4.0.11 and that client is 6.something.

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

Alright this is getting annoying. After several attempts to patch and still getting this error message.

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uose_win32_6-0-6-0.rtp( 1089081 bytes )
Downloading patch uose_win32_6-0-6-0.pat( 11 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uose_win32_6-0-6-0.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

I completely deleted my client, downloawded the client mentioned above, and started to patch. Same thing. I followed the suggestion given by EA to go into my ultima folder, find the file named Verinfo, open it with notepad and replace one of the IP addr. in the file. So I open the file Verinfo with notepad, and this is what's in there. Win32_SE 77. That's it. WTF? Seriously how do I patch, this is getting on my nerves, and it's keeping me from playing due to the new changes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

lys27

Sorceror

cant patching

here is my problem

Error reading okay message from socket
Wrong protocol version
Could not connect to a patch server
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

Caine

Looks to me more like lys27 has modified or had another program modify his login.cfg file, but the firewall issue is a possibility.