UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Pirate Guild

willwehling

Wanderer
Re: Pirate Guild

I have a guild named Red Dagger Pirates, that I was intending to make as a pirate guild when i started the post. My char name is John Dillenger. I would like to add more people, and eventually role play..... When on osi, I had a pirate guild that I was in, and there was a Royal Navy guild that we would RP with.... We had battles on land and sea. It was very fun to be honest. We would also have fishing and boating races, as those are piratey type things. Maybe even treasure hunts as well, because pirates love their booty. To start, we would need to find a plot to place on an island or shoreline, beacuase we would need to place a dock for our boats. if anyone knows of a plot or has such a house let me know and we will go from there

Two Wolves

Knight

There was once a collection of houses with amazing decoration West of Yew on a beach by the coast. At that time the name of the houses was "Smugger's Point". Those houses are long gone. That area may be prime real estate for Pirates to launch land and sea raids.

"Located on a sandy point, farthest West of Yew stands a community of buildings named Smuggler's Point. One building stands out, The Scurvy Maggot Tavern and Inn. Built next to broken ruins, the stone of the front steps is of a similar type and blends in with the surroundings nicely."

Attachments

• 65d1204094959-demise-houses-rise-fall-smugglerspoint.jpg
    65d1204094959-demise-houses-rise-fall-smugglerspoint.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 70d1205300830-demise-houses-rise-fall-stuck.jpg
    70d1205300830-demise-houses-rise-fall-stuck.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 90

gugutz;573757 said:
THis guild could sail throught the seas of the T2A land.

Imagine the face of the ppl raiding there when they see a ship aproaching with lots of unmounted characters with red skullcaps yelling "YARRRR" and stealing their coon :D

for PvP could we use DPH's?? then we can find one suited to our weapon very classy

Selkie

Sorceror

DPH's would definitely be encouraged, if not required.

And thanks Two Wolves, that location looks great. I'll check it out later and see what the area's like.

Dollpartz

Squire

It would be cool to have a RP Pirate guild, where we raid peoples treasure and fabled fishing nets.

I'm going to set up 4 ghost cams at the popular sailing spots.

Two Wolves

Knight

I seriously wish you guys luck and if you need anything, let me know.

My advice for RP guild leaders. New members all seem to have a threshold of about two weeks. Around about that time is where they become a regular or they disappear.

It is not just that in some cases is it hard to meet people in game from radical time zones, so to them the guild appears inactive. Even ones who you can meet and seem gung-ho at first can suddenly disappear.

The truth is even if your guild has throngs of members for them to interact with 24-7, RP is not always exciting. That makes it tough to compete with PvM and other challenges that are built into the game.

Two things I recommend: Teams of two or three. Pair up members in the same time zone or those who can play on the same hours/days of the week. Nothing kills a new member like finding nobody on.

Open templates. Members are more likely to stick with a character that they can RP and PvP and PvM with successfully. If there is not a lot going on, they can still log on that character and hunt. And they can stay in character while playing the game in general, rather than *sigh* log off and do something else.

If they play the game and stay in character and others play the game and stay in character, this increases the chances of having a spontaneous RP encounter even if it is a dungeon or Luna environment.

kevin2424

Sorceror

willwehling;546066 said:
Anyone interested in making/joining a Pirate RP guild? How fun is it to sail the high seas while we Pillage, plunder, steal, and drink ale?
so where are you located to join cause im feeling piratey after watching jack sparrow

Selkie

Sorceror

willwehling;573868 said:
I have a guild named Red Dagger Pirates, that I was intending to make as a pirate guild when i started the post. My char name is John Dillenger. I would like to add more people, and eventually role play..... When on osi, I had a pirate guild that I was in, and there was a Royal Navy guild that we would RP with.... We had battles on land and sea. It was very fun to be honest. We would also have fishing and boating races, as those are piratey type things. Maybe even treasure hunts as well, because pirates love their booty. To start, we would need to find a plot to place on an island or shoreline, beacuase we would need to place a dock for our boats. if anyone knows of a plot or has such a house let me know and we will go from there

Any way to contact you? You don't have an actual account on here so I can't PM you, and I don't see any AIM info.

And to anyone who is interested in joining, I'm but a poor pirate and am on the way to grand riches, so be patient. I'll post once it's up and running, but as of now I'm taking on co-founders to help this along.

Hilde

Page

Selkie;574767 said:
Any way to contact you? You don't have an actual account on here so I can't PM you, and I don't see any AIM info.

He does have one, he just has trouble logging in. His account has the same name: willwehling

gugutz

Knight

Subjazz;573990 said:
for PvP could we use DPH's?? then we can find one suited to our weapon very classy

If the guild was mine, DPH and Cutlasses would be mandatory for fighters. The working-men and support characters would wear a skullcap for sure.
But thats just me.

I would recommend you leaving willwehling as master of the guild, setting up a big and stylish house on some island near the coast, and just sail away.
Things to do will appear eventually.

Dollparts said:
It would be cool to have a RP Pirate guild, where we raid peoples treasure and fabled fishing nets.

I'm going to set up 4 ghost cams at the popular sailing spots.

This is a great idea.
Sometimes you can find some good treasure on the seas. My gf, for instance, loves to hunt for fabled fishing nets in felluca.

Hilde said:
He does have one, he just has trouble logging in. His account has the same name: willwehling

If he posted on his main account as he posts on a guest account, he would have the post count of a forum god by now :p

Selkie

Sorceror

Yeah, I agree about DPHs and cutlasses. They will be mandatory for higher ranks.

I would recommend you leaving willwehling as master of the guild, setting up a big and stylish house on some island near the coast, and just sail away.
Things to do will appear eventually.

I'm hoping that's the case. Seems like, in accordance with what Two Wolves said, RP guilds die off due to lack of anything to do. The sea takes up a huge portion of the UO world, but it seems like so few people are out there. Maybe at the beginning, though, we'll use the sea as our staging grounds and wreak havoc on coasts.

If that stirs up enough mayhem then perhaps people will come sail with us.

Hilde

Page

gugutz;574828 said:
If he posted on his main account as he posts on a guest account, he would have the post count of a forum god by now :p

I talked to him about it. It seems like his account is somehow broken and staff made this other (guest) account for him.... don't ask me about details ;)

kentclark

Wanderer

i love eric carmen on south park!! lol!
so what is a pirate guild gonna be doing? collecting insurance or monthly protecting fee :p

gugutz

Knight

Seeking treasure and money over the seas and lands, i presume.

Imagine the face of the pvpers when they see a group of 10 pirates coming towards brit moongate with a bloody cutlass on hand.
That would be unique :D

Two Wolves

Knight

Great question.

With any luck Pirates will have several ships with crew. They will go on treasure hunts that require sailing and attack other ships at sea. This will require some planning and good Ship Captains, because boat travel does take time.

When not sailing, pirate crews you would think are drinking and fighting. Great for ambiance, but players are not going to substitute their game time for tavern hangout time. Tavern owners will corroborate this.

It will be critical for Pirate guild members to put time into the game with their pirate characters. This will mean playing UO whatever way they like, but using their pirate character whether or not it is part of a guild activity.

In between sailing the crew should be spreading out in small groups or individually, hustling up gold and other valuables to bring back to the Den.

RP type raids will depend on having opposing groups open to raids and having something worth taking. Sea battles will depend on the same.

A thing that is desperately needed to tie all this together is a Merchant guild with members willing try to move goods over land and sea and groups buying these goods. Setting Yew up as a crafting community, recently suggested, could be a center for this type of commerce and conflict. Players already crafting their brains out, could simply do it in Yew and buy from the Merchants.

Pirates would be greatly helped by development of Merchants, Yew and some type of Royal Navy to act as protection.

[shameless plug] And so it begins Ongoing battle for control of Skara Brae resumes this Saturday at 12:30 eastern when Drow attempt to cross from the port area and attack defenders in the main town region. Ships landing from the open sea would be a big surprise. /[shameless plug]

willwehling

Wanderer

it seems that i will be going out of town for a few days..... I would recommend someone starting this guild up, before interest wanes...... We can get everything together in a few days

Selkie

Sorceror

RP type raids will depend on having opposing groups open to raids and having something worth taking. Sea battles will depend on the same.

A thing that is desperately needed to tie all this together is a Merchant guild with members willing try to move goods over land and sea and groups buying these goods. Setting Yew up as a crafting community, recently suggested, could be a center for this type of commerce and conflict. Players already crafting their brains out, could simply do it in Yew and buy from the Merchants.

I completely agree. Having some sworn enemies out on the high seas would certainly make piracy a more enjoyable and entertaining activity.

We're certainly game for sailing up and unloading the boat onto a bunch of unsuspecting hunters or pkers or whoever else, but having legitimate naval battles is a definite goal for the guild. Perhaps we can re-ignite the seas of Demise.

Two Wolves

Knight

I just met a ship captain by the name of, now what was it? Dirty Jeremiah.

He made anchor in Skara just in time to see Drow attack from the Docks, destroy the defenders and take control of the main town.