UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Pirate Templates

Morganth

Wanderer
Pirate Templates

I keep toying with different ideas on what the ideal Pirate template is. Skills that I think are usefull from a role playing point of view could be stealing, snooping, treasure hunting, cartography, swordsmanship (use of a cutlass?), anatomy + healing (ship doctor?), Magery (only for fireball spells as a means of representing cannon balls), etc...

Any ideas?

Aveit

Wanderer
Re: Pirate Templates

Archery/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Hiding/And 2 Randoms, (Mage? Fishing? Swords?)

PraWN

Wanderer

Magery, Resist, Mace, Tactics, Anatomy, Archery, Healing... I was thinking of making a pirate with those skills, what do you think?

By the way I've only got Magery for getting around easily and whatnot, but not for battles... And Resist and Healing stops me from being owned... I also have Fencing and Swords on my other templates, so I want to go with something different and have Mace and Archery... ;p

Sorry for hijacking your thread by the way

Trever

Wanderer

cartography/resist/magery(50)/evel or scribe (50)/ swords or archery/ hiding/ anat/ healin

That would be ok i suppose, though, I still hate seeing magery in there. Pirates don't strike me a very mystical and/or magical =p

djsaul

Wanderer

Lord Raffles said:
I keep toying with different ideas on what the ideal Pirate template is. Skills that I think are usefull from a role playing point of view could be stealing, snooping, treasure hunting, cartography, swordsmanship (use of a cutlass?), anatomy + healing (ship doctor?), Magery (only for fireball spells as a means of representing cannon balls), etc...

Any ideas?

"treasure hunting" is not a skill. treasure hunting is an activity you do using a combination of all the skills on your character.

aside from that i am making another pirate template shaping up like this:
archery
tactics
anatomy
magery
med
eval
resist

...an archer tank i guess, but should get the job done. oh and i guess i will post a question here too: do you need tactics for archery? i dont think it does anything for archery skill or damage but i cant remember quite for sure. i know magic bows dont add tactics they add archery so...

PraWN

Wanderer

Tactics always determines damage when using any weapon skill, the weapon skill itself determines the hit chance and Anatomy adds a damage bonus... I've answered this question like four times in the last two days ;p

kio123

Knight

100 swordsmanship or fencing or mace (like cutlass, scimitar, axes, kryss, butcher, skinning knife, dagger, club, war axe etc)
100 tactics
100 anatomy (pirates can never heal but know where the guts are)
70 lockpick (God given thievery ability and treasure love)
30 fishing (so that theyll survive with a pole whenever theyre stuck on the sea)
100 snooping (adept at searching the victims theyre robbing (while alive, in this case mostly women children or elder))
30 cartghraphy (natural sea talent)
30 animal taming (every pirate has a special connetion with animals wheter they like it or not)
30 animal lore (parrots monkeys dogs cats mice etc)
10 camping (so that they can set fire on ship mostly against captains will)

and it leaves a free 100 skills which you can use freely or distirbute the lower skills above. i recommend the latter.

Merberol

Wanderer

kio your pirate temp is the one that makes most sense yet ..

if you pirates wand artillery on your boats hire a true mage to follow you i dont see why a pirate boat cant have five pirates and a pure mage on it .. but for every pirate to have magery and eval int .. ... that more sems lika an exuse to be able to have an edge in pvp and not so moutch an consideration on what your charakter shuld know.. its the same thing as having swords or fensing on a " pure " mage while wearing hevy armor ...

kio123

Knight

well maybe theyre pointing out that piracy and roleplaying is not the same thing :p
my template is between the two
i had a good rp one in my mind but i forgot it

PraWN

Wanderer

Having a pure roleplaying template on Hybrid just means you'll get fucked over by griefer PKs constantly... Having a template that can PvP means you can at least put up a fight

I was planning on having Magery on my pirate template, but that was purely for travelling purposes and certainly not to be used during fights... But whatever floats your boat I guess (no pun intended) ;p

kio123

Knight

thats the taste of being pure rp templates
would it be so fun party rping in trammel? like in demise? telling stupid tales?
think that you gmed all your lore skills in a shard that gives 0.1 gain in 4 hours..

Aveit

Wanderer

kio123 said:
thats the taste of being pure rp templates
would it be so fun party rping in trammel? like in demise? telling stupid tales?
think that you gmed all your lore skills in a shard that gives 0.1 gain in 4 hours..

I'm not sure at what you're trying to say here.

kio123

Knight

there are 2 types of roleplaying. first one is making emotes, making bows, talking shit for hours, making roleplay parties etc. the second one is saying hail to the pk. im trying to say i like the 2. style.

kio123 said:
100 swordsmanship or fencing or mace (like cutlass, scimitar, axes, kryss, butcher, skinning knife, dagger, club, war axe etc)
100 tactics
100 anatomy (pirates can never heal but know where the guts are)
70 lockpick (God given thievery ability and treasure love)
30 fishing (so that theyll survive with a pole whenever theyre stuck on the sea)
100 snooping (adept at searching the victims theyre robbing (while alive, in this case mostly women children or elder))
30 cartghraphy (natural sea talent)
30 animal taming (every pirate has a special connetion with animals wheter they like it or not)
30 animal lore (parrots monkeys dogs cats mice etc)
10 camping (so that they can set fire on ship mostly against captains will)

and it leaves a free 100 skills which you can use freely or distirbute the lower skills above. i recommend the latter.

That'd be a great template. IF you were a scoundrel. You have NO way of fighting from a ship.
If you want to make a brigand, make a brigand. But pirates fight on water and, like it or not, wearing a tricorn hat and saying AAR doesn't make you a pirate.

Nah. Archery* is a perfectly viable pirate skill.

In superhero terms, Archery is Superman. Big hits.

Magery is Batman, with a fucking sweet utility belt that lets you do a lot of piratey things.