UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[PRE] Demise Auctions are back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

el pepino

Sorceror
The auction is FREE we do not charge to auction your items.

When you hand in items for the auction please:

1. Put the items you wish to auction into a bag

2. In the same bag put a book with your character name & forum name along with a list of the items you are auctioning.

3. When you are ready to hand your items in for the auction you can PM me to arrange a meeting. Also (I recommend PMing me) you can show up early to the auction by an hour or so. I along with some others will be there getting ready and there will someone inside our auction booth that will take your items and register you for the auction.

4. This rule I cannot stress enough.... Please do not turn in items to auction to anyone but the listed auctioneers and only when they are inside the auction pit at the Demise Auction House!!! Do not give items to anyone even if it appears to be an auctioneer anywhere but the Demise auction house. We will not accept items from you anywhere else so if someone is trying to get you to give them items for the auction and they are not inside the auctioneer pit its not us. We won't be responsible for you giving items to anyone else anywhere else. So please be careful.

Hold out prices:
This is the one and only change about the auction and its rules that I really want everyone to be clear on. So I'm going to make a list of things you must understand about the hold out prices on items you put up for auction.

a. If an item's value is equal to or less than 2 million gold pieces you cannot put a hold out price on that item.
(This of course is subject to average prices on the server for items and commodities such as runic kits, hammers, and resources.)

b. If you choose to indeed put a hold out price on an item then the item is subject to sale if a bid comes within 80% in value to your hold out price. So deduct 20% from your holdout and realize this is your lowest value for the item. In turn realize that it is an auction and the likely hood is much more so that folks will go into a bidding war over an item if it is desirable, and you will probably receive more for your item then you were willing to settle for.

c. Finally in regards to hold out prices, This is an auction so the potential for instant gold is always there... That said sometimes you will pay less for an item than you normally would elsewhere. Also as a seller of an item you will often times receive more than you would expect normally for the item without time wasted on the forums haggling or at Luna Bank, and also free of the extra cost of holding a vendor.

d. To place a hold out price on an item put the hold out price next to the item listed in your auction info book.

Mystery Boxes:
This is something we allowed before with mixed results... Some people were fair about what they put up as a mystery box, others were down right cruel in knowing people bid on them as a gamble...
These will NO LONGER BE ALLOWED BE SUBMITTED BY PLAYERS. However the Auction House as an establishment may set something up for mystery boxes to be auctioned. If we are to do something like this, it will probably be done as follows....

Example:

a. There will be 3-5 mystery Boxes per auction.

b. Although there will be varying prizes in all 3-5 boxes one box will contain a special announced prize. The prize will be posted on forums before each auction so people know what they could potentially get from one of the mystery boxes. For instance we may post "Spirit of the Totem will be in one of the mystery boxes today!" and you will have our promise as the auctioneers that there is indeed a Spirit of the Totem in one of the boxes... This will make it exciting and fair for those who are bidding on mystery boxes and prevent major disappointments like a box of cut cloth and some muffins...

c. Once a player wins a mystery box, the box will be openly displayed and locked down with a book displaying the winners name. The mystery boxes will then be handed out at the very end of the auction. This insures the items of each box remains unknown until all bidding is over, In this way we make it so bidding on each of the 5 boxes is appealing and not ruined by someone screaming "I GOT THE TOTEM!!!" after the 1st or 2nd mystery box is won. :cool:

When claiming your payment or unsold items:
You can claim your gold or unsold items during or after the auction or through a PM on forums we can arrange a meeting if you were unable to attend the auction or had to leave.
After the auction has ended we will call out peoples names one by one
(Please pick up your gold and/or items on the character who's name you placed inside of your book so we can accurately identify you. If there are any suspicions raised we will have to contact you through forums to verify it is indeed you. This is to insure the payments and left over items are returned to their rightful owners. Thank you.)

While the auction is taking place:
Please stay on the RED BENCHES (even if you have to sit on someone's lap :D) to insure that we can see your bid in the games chat journal. There are no guarantees we will see your bid unless you are seated on the red benches. Thank you.

Auction Times

Sundays: (1pm-3pm) Eastern standard time.
Note: Times may be extended if the auction calls for extra time due to a large number of bids.

Auctioneers:

Lucky [$old] :cool:
Noraevia [$old] :p
Fungus Amungus [$old] :confused:

Untitled.png

el pepino

Sorceror
Thanks to everyone who came out!!! We will see you next week!! Right after the auction there was a flood of item submissions... So next weeks auction is already looking even better than this one!!! Look forward to seeing you all there!!! :cool:

BardNamNam

Sorceror
The auction is FREE we do not charge to auction your items.

When you hand in items for the auction please:

1. Put the items you wish to auction into a bag

2. In the same bag put a book with your character name & forum name along with a list of the items you are auctioning.

3. When you are ready to hand your items in for the auction you can PM me to arrange a meeting. Also (I recommend PMing me) you can show up early to the auction by an hour or so. I along with some others will be there getting ready and there will someone inside our auction booth that will take your items and register you for the auction.

4. This rule I cannot stress enough.... Please do not turn in items to auction to anyone but the listed auctioneers and only when they are inside the auction pit at the Demise Auction House!!! Do not give items to anyone even if it appears to be an auctioneer anywhere but the Demise auction house. We will not accept items from you anywhere else so if someone is trying to get you to give them items for the auction and they are not inside the auctioneer pit its not us. We won't be responsible for you giving items to anyone else anywhere else. So please be careful.

Hold out prices:
This is the one and only change about the auction and its rules that I really want everyone to be clear on. So I'm going to make a list of things you must understand about the hold out prices on items you put up for auction.

a. If an item's value is equal to or less than 2 million gold pieces you cannot put a hold out price on that item.
(This of course is subject to average prices on the server for items and commodities such as runic kits, hammers, and resources.)

b. If you choose to indeed put a hold out price on an item then the item is subject to sale if a bid comes within 80% in value to your hold out price. So deduct 20% from your holdout and realize this is your lowest value for the item. In turn realize that it is an auction and the likely hood is much more so that folks will go into a bidding war over an item if it is desirable, and you will probably receive more for your item then you were willing to settle for.

c. Finally in regards to hold out prices, This is an auction so the potential for instant gold is always there... That said sometimes you will pay less for an item than you normally would elsewhere. Also as a seller of an item you will often times receive more than you would expect normally for the item without time wasted on the forums haggling or at Luna Bank, and also free of the extra cost of holding a vendor.

d. To place a hold out price on an item put the hold out price next to the item listed in your auction info book.

Mystery Boxes:
This is something we allowed before with mixed results... Some people were fair about what they put up as a mystery box, others were down right cruel in knowing people bid on them as a gamble...
These will NO LONGER BE ALLOWED BE SUBMITTED BY PLAYERS. However the Auction House as an establishment may set something up for mystery boxes to be auctioned. If we are to do something like this, it will probably be done as follows....

Example:

a. There will be 3-5 mystery Boxes per auction.

b. Although there will be varying prizes in all 3-5 boxes one box will contain a special announced prize. The prize will be posted on forums before each auction so people know what they could potentially get from one of the mystery boxes. For instance we may post "Spirit of the Totem will be in one of the mystery boxes today!" and you will have our promise as the auctioneers that there is indeed a Spirit of the Totem in one of the boxes... This will make it exciting and fair for those who are bidding on mystery boxes and prevent major disappointments like a box of cut cloth and some muffins...

c. Once a player wins a mystery box, the box will be openly displayed and locked down with a book displaying the winners name. The mystery boxes will then be handed out at the very end of the auction. This insures the items of each box remains unknown until all bidding is over, In this way we make it so bidding on each of the 5 boxes is appealing and not ruined by someone screaming "I GOT THE TOTEM!!!" after the 1st or 2nd mystery box is won. :cool:

When claiming your payment or unsold items:
You can claim your gold or unsold items during or after the auction or through a PM on forums we can arrange a meeting if you were unable to attend the auction or had to leave.
After the auction has ended we will call out peoples names one by one
(Please pick up your gold and/or items on the character who's name you placed inside of your book so we can accurately identify you. If there are any suspicions raised we will have to contact you through forums to verify it is indeed you. This is to insure the payments and left over items are returned to their rightful owners. Thank you.)

While the auction is taking place:
Please stay on the RED BENCHES (even if you have to sit on someone's lap :D) to insure that we can see your bid in the games chat journal. There are no guarantees we will see your bid unless you are seated on the red benches. Thank you.

Auction Times

Saturdays: (11am - 1pm) Eastern standard time.
Note: Times may be extended if the auction calls for extra time due to a large number of bids.

Auctioneers:

Lucky [$old] :cool:
Noraevia [$old] :p
Fungus Amungus [$old] :confused:

View attachment 81511
Can I place a vendor at there Please? BardNamNam
Or do we have a Forums for trade?
Thank you

el pepino

Sorceror
Auction today 1/18/2013 @ 11am eastern standard time. Look forward to seeing you all there! Here are some screenshots someone took from the last auction. Cheers! :cool:

01.gif
02.gif
03.gif

el pepino

Sorceror
Auction this Sunday 02/10/13 starting at 1pm going until around 3pm.

Mystery Boxes this week have a "Lieutenant of the Royal Brittanian Guard" Sash in one of them. Hope to see you all there. PM me or catch me at the auction house to sumbmit items for the auction (Read Rules.) Thanks! :cool:

Mystery boxxes.png

Status
Not open for further replies.