UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Provocation

Howl

Sorceror
Provocation

What's the best way to raise it AFK on this shard?

I've been using a Razor macro and three boats and two blue beetles to raise it from 30 to 80.5, but I can't raise it any higher using this method.

My music skill is at 120. Will I have to drop it to raise provo even more?

Can I use another type of pet for the next gains?

Bealzy

Wanderer
Re: Provocation

complete skill guide

no, skill cap is 700... if you are 700+ then yes (I'd pick something else rather then dropping 120 music

yes follow the link above - and another tip use animal lore on the monster then you will see there barding difficulty. higher the number the better for training. there will be some scale to what you can provoke for example I used those green poison zombies to get my bard skills from 100 - 120 cause their barding difficulty was 140+ and it went fast

Sly-demise

Sorceror

I think you should be able to do Ogre Lords which are at 90 difficulty. Go to the place where you guys usually kill Coon in south east corner of Spawn, but in Trammel insteal of Felucca. There's this kind of balcony where Coon usually stands while you attack it from the platform situated just below. I trained my provo in the corner just east of that spot with 1 Ogre Lord on the upper platform and one on the ground below. No other monsters will bother you so you can go AFK the time you want. Once you don't gain there anymore, you're ready for Wyvern Island. ;) Good luck mate

cronik1

Wanderer

i think i did up to 110 provo or so on overseers, afk style. you could always do overseers to 90+, then go hit OLs like sly suggests.

Howl

Sorceror

Infectous;552959 said:
complete skill guide

no, skill cap is 700... if you are 700+ then yes (I'd pick something else rather then dropping 120 music

yes follow the link above - and another tip use animal lore on the monster then you will see there barding difficulty. higher the number the better for training. there will be some scale to what you can provoke for example I used those green poison zombies to get my bard skills from 100 - 120 cause their barding difficulty was 140+ and it went fast

hey there, thanks for help, but what i meant was that the higher your music skill is, the more chance you have of passing first skill check for voking and the harder it is to gain in voking. the lower your music, the higher your voking should gain (provided it's enough to actually attempt to voke your chosen monster)

Howl

Sorceror

Sly-demise;553042 said:
I think you should be able to do Ogre Lords which are at 90 difficulty. Go to the place where you guys usually kill Coon in south east corner of Spawn, but in Trammel insteal of Felucca. There's this kind of balcony where Coon usually stands while you attack it from the platform situated just below. I trained my provo in the corner just east of that spot with 1 Ogre Lord on the upper platform and one on the ground below. No other monsters will bother you so you can go AFK the time you want. Once you don't gain there anymore, you're ready for Wyvern Island. ;) Good luck mate

Thank you very much for the tip about the ogre lords. That is a great idea.

cronik1

Wanderer

there's no reason to lower music. you can afk macro this up anyways, so just let it do it's thing and it'll gain quick enough.

Bealzy

Wanderer

Howl;553823 said:
hey there, thanks for help, but what i meant was that the higher your music skill is, the more chance you have of passing first skill check for voking and the harder it is to gain in voking. the lower your music, the higher your voking should gain (provided it's enough to actually attempt to voke your chosen monster)

you gain on success some fail so really it doesn't matter long as you use it... most other skill on success but I gain some on fail too but more on success you see what I am saying to do I have to sing it for you? :) higher music check sure why not it will help actually rather then hinder imo

Howl

Sorceror

I'll let you off... this time! :p

Updates on the provocation training: I have hit a wall at 109 points training Wyverns at Wyvern Isle in T2A. This place is excellent for training Provocation up to around this mark, as there are two spawns seperated by rocks and water, so fire up UOAM and hop on a boat!

Sly-demise

Sorceror

Howl;554890 said:
I'll let you off... this time! :p

Updates on the provocation training: I have hit a wall at 109 points training Wyverns at Wyvern Isle in T2A. This place is excellent for training Provocation up to around this mark, as there are two spawns seperated by rocks and water, so fire up UOAM and hop on a boat!

Yeah! And don't do what I did the first time and recall onto the island without insuring your stuff!

cronik1

Wanderer

Sly-demise;555070 said:
Yeah! And don't do what I did the first time and recall onto the island without insuring your stuff!

i learned that same hard way that fire beetles aren't as easy to acquire as you'd think. oops.

cronik1

Wanderer

but i learned a valuable lesson on not exploring with nice suits on that aren't insured! that counts for something.... right?

bafo$

Wanderer

i returned to demise after some years and since i lost my old accounts i had to start from scratch and while training my bard i was reading on stratics about barding difficulty and came across this sentence "Using an opposite aligned "slayer" instrument increases base difficulty by 10" http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php so for example if you are training on wyverns which are reptiles an arachnid slayer will give you a -10 bonus increasing the difficulty!