UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PvE tournament - Oct 9th. 9PM EST

What time is best for you?

• 9AM EST

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • 10PM EST

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 11PM EST

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 12PM EST

• 1PM EST

• 2PM EST

• 3PM EST

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 4PM EST

• 5PM EST

• 6PM EST

• 7PM EST

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 8PM EST

• 9PM EST

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Anytime

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters

Xavier

Account Terminated
PvE tournament - Oct 9th. 9PM EST

The second run of this event will be this saturday. We are trying to make our arena controllers work for it this time. In that case, it will be a lot simpler and faster.

Remember: its a 10k entrance fee. Last week's checks are still waiting for someone to take them, and amounts to 360,000 plus the prize items in the chest. Remember: in order to get that prize you will have to complete *everything*

Last week we had a bit of argument about the idea of last man standing. Yes Paul Blart was the last man standing, but he did not achieve the posted goal: make it all the way to the center. Due to this, we have decided to give the 100k check to the last man standing, but if he does not make it to the center area, he will not get the option to take the chests/player cash-pot as well. Yes, as well! We are going to award a smaller check to you for being the last man standing, and IF the course is completed, you will get the chance to take the main prize. And yes, we will retroactively award Paul for his achievement. STEALTHERS, HIDERS, LURKERS who stay behind in rooms just hoping to be the last man alive, WILL NOT WIN ANYTHING. In fact, I will probably remove you from the event if you do this.

So if you ARE the last man standing, AND the course is complete, you will receive the smaller check and your choice of 1 of 3 keys. Since no one has gotten this far, this change doesn't unfairly affect past players. The key will open one of three boxes. You know the rest of the story. If you were the last man standing and the course was NOT completed, you will only get the check.

Last week there was a mass slaughter in the first 20 seconds. I guess some people have learned this is not a good way to finish this thing. If one pk is on your group who wants nothing but to kill you all.. it IS your responsibility to protect yourself and kill him. 6 or 8 players against one guy who just wants to kill everyone should not be a problem.

So heres the deal (again):

everyone will be split into 4 groups. these are not teams, and you may kill whoever you want, when you want.

The mobiles will be changed somewhat.

No pets, or mounts.

As you saw last week, we will try to split up guilds. eternal + barcode get to play nice together for a few minutes for a change :D

If you make it to the center, and are the last man standing we will offer you your choice between the big prize and a walk-away 100k. The big prize still comes at the same risk. You will be given your choice of three keys. The three keys match three boxes. Two of the boxes will kill you, one wont do any damage .. but they are all trapped so you cant tell the difference with detect.

The side-bet dueling pit will stay!

If we manage to make the arena controllers work, there may be changes to the combat rules: particularly using summons/pots/fields.

I will keep you posted on the progress with the arena controllers.

The date is this this Saturday, the time is to be determined. A new poll shall be started for best Saturday time. This will help us decide.

All suggestions and *constructive* criticism are welcomed in this thread, but do me a favor, and check the bs/trolling/complaining at the door. We are working out the mechanics of a new type of event here, and have put a LOT of work into this. We dont need negativity as re-payment.

Supertrooper

Wanderer
Re: PvE tournament - Oct 9th.

(bs/trolling/complaining/negativity at the door)- Check!
Loves this event- Check!
Thinks Xavier forgot RW- Check!
So what exactly have you done to the arena exactly(besides of course the things we can't know, but like did you change the appearance, ect...) Check!

Xavier

Account Terminated

Supertrooper;794065 said:
Thinks Xavier forgot RW- Check!
So what exactly have you done to the arena exactly(besides of course the things we can't know, but like did you change the appearance, ect...) Check!

RW? If you mean the guild: we can only post times staff who are running the event will be available. Im sorry to everyone who is having lunch whilst I am dreaming about cold beer, but theres nothing i can do about this.

Some of the rules have changed a bit, as discussed in the original post. If we make any major changes to the mechanics, I will keep this thread updated.

camper

Sorceror

I'll have to vote for 9am EST, since that is a couple hours after I get home :D

Have a question about the "no stealthers" bit: Does this mean can't use rogue type chars? I was not able to participate in the last one so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I guess it means cant stealth at all?

Xavier

Account Terminated

camper;794108 said:
I'll have to vote for 9am EST, since that is a couple hours after I get home :D

Have a question about the "no stealthers" bit: Does this mean can't use rogue type chars? I was not able to participate in the last one so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I guess it means cant stealth at all?

No, I mean if you obviously are making no attempt to participate, just hiding in one room somewhere, hoping everyone else dies, we will disqualify you. This problem is why we didnt originally have a prize for simply being the last one alive..... it is incentive for someone to just lurk behind and hope everyone else dies. Im trying to find a way to prevent this completely...

So, now we will have to deal with that issue.

camper

Sorceror

Xavier;794116 said:
No, I mean if you obviously are making no attempt to participate, just hiding in one room somewhere, hoping everyone else dies, we will disqualify you. This problem is why we didnt originally have a prize for simply being the last one alive..... it is incentive for someone to just lurk behind and hope everyone else dies. Im trying to find a way to prevent this completely...

So, now we will have to deal with that issue.

Well if it is a bunch of rooms... Maybe I can offer a solution? I remember seeing a movie once (can't remember the name) about a bunch of Japanese students who were sent to an island and forced to fight each other to the death. The island was divided into a grid, and each hour certain grid spots would be death zones, killing everyone who remained inside said grid zone.

Perhaps the same can be done with rooms? Announce that a room is going to be a death zone and kill everyone who remains inside of it?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Im thinking I might just put my revealbots in each room, and let the other players deal with people who try to just hide their way to winning.

Supertrooper

Wanderer

Xavier;794098 said:
RW? If you mean the guild: we can only post times staff who are running the event will be available. Im sorry to everyone who is having lunch whilst I am dreaming about cold beer, but theres nothing i can do about this.

I was just meaning that you said barcode vs eternity(i supposed that you said that b/c they are they largest,) so i thought maybe you forgot the even larger than both of them guild.

Pont

Knight

Xavier;794118 said:
Im thinking I might just put my revealbots in each room, and let the other players deal with people who try to just hide their way to winning.
That's what I would suggest ;). Oh and Saturdays much better for all time zones to be up early/late.

bacchus1234

Sorceror

If the event starts at 9pm, is there going to be enough time before server wars?

Concidering the amount of time it took for a small group of people to get through 1/2 of the rooms last time?

I also realize that the server restart is most likely not at a fixed time. Just something to consider.

Pont

Knight

Is the time gonna be based on the mean, median or mode average? or the Xavier average?

Xavier

Account Terminated

I will just base it on when it looks like I can get the most involved.

hugoboss

Sorceror

camper;794117 said:
..I remember seeing a movie once (can't remember the name) about a bunch of Japanese students who were sent to an island and forced to fight each other to the death. The island was divided into a grid, and each hour certain grid spots would be death zones, killing everyone who remained inside said grid zone..

"Battle Royale"..

interesting if extreme proposal for solving perceived over-crowding issues in near-future societies..

p.s. there was a sequel i believe, but the franchise had lost it's novelty by then, so it was pretty dire if i recall..

Xavier

Account Terminated

Sorry it took so long to decide about the time. There are two strong timeperiods in the poll: 9PM EST,. and the 2-3PM EST. Last week's ran in the afternoon, so this time we are going with the evening. Signup will start at 8PM EST, and the event will start at 9PM EST. EST is GMT-5, FYI

kolbycrouch

Knight
Re: PvE tournament - Oct 9th. 9PM EST

will all potions and darts work?v I'm still assuming this will be impossible for most dexxers without good cooperation from some mages.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: PvE tournament - Oct 9th. 9PM EST

Bah Since F1 qualifying was a wash out today it's been postponed until about the same time as this :(
I may still come and watch with one eye and keep the other eye on the racing.