UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PVP competition thread gone dumb

A US Marshall

Sorceror
Just wanting everyone's opinions (except royal kapero2's) on giving the shard some better pvp for everyone.

I was thinking maybe create two guilds and do constant order chaos like battle 24/7 everywhere but being allied instead of warred so the two guilds can join together as one while raiding an outside guilds spawn/fight somewhere. Thus creating some pvp no matter where you are in the game and being able to utilize the player base from both guilds to compete with the larger guilds that are currently.

The other idea is to just start a new guild and give the two Zerg guilds (you know who you are) some competition in fel/spawns however I think full server pvp would be funner.

What are your thoughts/ideas on this? Anyone want to make pvp exciting again and cause some competition?

Last edited:

Alhimikut

Sorceror
That third guild will at some point join SEGA... and besides what is the point of having 2 warring guilds that will unite when Hz comes... this is already the reality :)

A US Marshall

Sorceror
The point is if there isn't any PVP at Brit gate or you weren't able to find some action in fel then you could bring the action to a more noticeable place where people just sit like Luna bank etc. If someone is bank sitting on a toon that people know is ready to fight then people are more likely to jump on their pvp'r thus action is more likely to break out.
I don't think many will deture away from their safe ganking guilds to make this happen however we would only need a few players to make this happen too.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
As long as people are wanting PVP then people would participate. It's just a matter of creating opportunity in more places then Brit gate or despise to stir the action up. I feel like people that pvp log on and go to Brit or check despise and if nothing's happening then they just go bank sit or something for awhile then rinse and repeat till some action is present.

If enough people agree then we could possibly implement something in demise to solve this. Maybe make faction pvp server wide I dunno something to spice it up for such a small player base. That's why order chaos was so cool back in the day. There wasn't a safe spot really.
You could allow reds in tram but like the old days they can't go in guard zone and maybe implement they can only attack who attacks them first while in tram? Lol. I dunno. Something.

kolbycrouch

Knight
I'd like to see it done. Me and Raythe tried to do this last year I think, making 2 guilds who were at war actually, fighting anywhere on the map, and every week or so, managing the rosters to make things even.

However, a lot of the people involved soon quit.

madwhite

Sorceror
I like the full server order/chaos idea however after awhile I feel no one would participate

I think this would work but only if the people in the guilds worked it right.

I mean like no bullshit like stealing or ganking right after noob gets new gear and didn,t have a chance to insure it..thing like that.

An honest bunch could make it work but there,s always one who would screw thing up.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
It would be the same as joining a guild you trust. All the same problems are within it and with time it would root out the crappy attitudes that scam and steal etc that would cause it to not work. If it happened I would like to see fair fights in between the two guilds like if there's two players 1v1 then let them hash it out fairly between each other. Don't just walk up and see the opposing guild and Insta drop on someone making it an unfair gank all of a sudden.

This is another reason I wanted to start this discussion because I wanted a player count to see if it's worth starting so if you are interested then say so too.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
It would be pretty awesome if EoS and the Dev team modified the OSI Order/Chaos system to fit the player base at demise and implemented that. Or like I said before, somehow modify the faction system to be more appealing.

madwhite

Sorceror
Can you go to war against multiple guilds at once? Or can you only war one at a time.

If I can war multiple guilds I will start a thread where you would post your guild name and abbreviation and declare war on anyone else in the thread.

MB

Knight
The problem is nobody will voluntarily PVM on a warring guild and open themselves up to that and you'll never find PvP people to fight outside of maybe Luna. You would need to have weekly locations set out like Red vs Black used to do.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
A simple automated stone put at Luna that joined you to either "group 1" or "group 2" side and kept the two sides even based on let's say a players kills would prolly work and when your done you simply quit and rejoin when your ready again maybe like the arena. Just a thought to encourage non gank pvp and encourage new players to pvp.
This stone could also implement red vs black style rules too as a seperate game for those lookin for some old school pvp.