UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PvP - Where do I start?

Blacula

Knight
Re: PvP - Where do I start?

Howl;609518 said:
omen para, corpse skin, explo, fs, omen, ps. Kill some people with just that. Or follow through with a harm spam

Someone's been watching old z0rak rpv's... :)

hickman48

Knight

Ill stick with my scribe mage with explo cruse ebolt ma light ma = good game for most dexxors or tactics mace with ai or conc can follow that up with one of the specs for an easy 30+ more dmg for massive dmg im not a big fan of eo para cuz i like to fight someone not have them stand there for like 4 seconds while i dump on them

zoraks was exp fs triple eo ps a good 100+ damage combo. not as effective these days since most ppl are corpse proof, a lot more ppl chug and hpi suits are a lot more common.

Blacula

Knight

prohunter33;609767 said:
zoraks was exp fs triple eo ps a good 100+ damage combo. not as effective these days since most ppl are corpse proof, a lot more ppl chug and hpi suits are a lot more common.

Yeah, I was just messing with Howl because he mentioned a harm spam.

p.s.: Wanna mage duel when I get some sdi? :)

El Cid

Wanderer

I finally had the chance to practice a few mage duels with a guild mate.

Here's kind of how things went down:
*Usually started the match with a few MA/Weaken
*Tried to Poison
*If poisoned, tried to Curse; otherwise, snuck in a Fireball/Lightning or two
*Kept up the pressure mainly with Poison while trying to wear down HP with Fireball/Lightning and interrupts with MA/Weaken
*Once I saw an opening, Poison>Explosion>Lightning combo would finish him off or pretty close

Some other notes/questions:
*Whenever I didn't know what to cast next, I found myself spamming MA; it was kind of an inbetween spell I used while thinking of what to do next. Is this a bad habit?
*Are there any strategies to getting out of pressure when poisoned? For example, if I'm poisoned, should I immediately be trying to cure it or are there instances when it's alright to let it sit for a little?
*This is partly due to my suit being crappy, but I found that my Necro Mage would run out of mana in drawn out duels, whereas my Scribe Mage didn't have this problem because of Meditation. Are there any tips to managing your mana; e.g. what do you do when you notice it dipping into the yellow zone?
*Are Mana Vampire/Mana Drain viable at all?

Overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought but definitely a lot to pick up on. Thanks again for all the advice thus far. :)

EDIT
-Anyone interested in some friendly practice duels, feel free to post here or hit me up by PM. :)

Blacula

Knight

El Cid;610898 said:
Here's kind of how things went down:
*Usually started the match with a few MA/Weaken
*Tried to Poison
*If poisoned, tried to Curse; otherwise, snuck in a Fireball/Lightning or two
*Kept up the pressure mainly with Poison while trying to wear down HP with Fireball/Lightning and interrupts with MA/Weaken
*Once I saw an opening, Poison>Explosion>Lightning combo would finish him off or pretty close
That sounds like a pretty good plan to me, keep up the good work!

El Cid;610898 said:
*Whenever I didn't know what to cast next, I found myself spamming MA; it was kind of an inbetween spell I used while thinking of what to do next. Is this a bad habit?
Watch your opponent's spells, and cast a counter spell accordingly.

El Cid;610898 said:
*Are there any strategies to getting out of pressure when poisoned? For example, if I'm poisoned, should I immediately be trying to cure it or are there instances when it's alright to let it sit for a little?
That really depends on the situation. If your opponent is 25% life and you get poisoned at 50%, let it slide and try your hardest to put that guy in the ground.

set ur target self and last target to mouse wheel up and down its the fastest way to cast, unless u have a keyboard that can return multiple key strokes at once. It takes a little getting use to but in the long run its worth it.

as far as the curing goes it really depends what spells are being casted after. cure and harm have the same casting speed so with perfect timing u can get it off. If he goes for magic arrow or fireball they both have a delay to them so u have a better chance of getting it off, but u have to watch out for the magic arrow followed by a weaken because if u dont cast it right away he will disrupt ur first and second cure attempt with that combo.

mantorras

Sorceror

For people with bad ping what would be the best choice for pvp chars, dexxers or mages?

D-Nox

Knight

mantorras;611927 said:
For people with bad ping what would be the best choice for pvp chars, dexxers or mages?

dexxers.
dexxers hit speed doesnt depend on ping and mages casting time does.

why do you think most brazilians are dexxers? :)

lukin69

Knight

ya know...i dont get it. I'm getting really good at duelling but man...the field or BG frkn OWNS me. doesnt really matter who it is, 1 v 1, 2 v 1 (the one being me) or, generally 3 v 1 (the three being DC) I get ROCKED. I simply CANNOT drop anyone. very discouraging. I mean, its not because of my suit, I wear a frkn 30kk+ suit, its not my ping, i ping 75 MAX, generally its 60's. Suggestions? Thoughts?