UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

questions of a noob

kaijick

Wanderer
questions of a noob

ok ima start things off here by saying "yes, i use the search function before posting questions". just to clear that up.

i plan to add questions in here as i come across them while learning to play =)all answers in here are from other players hwo posted in this thread as well.

(Q) so first off, is there a way to identify what is in my bag, so i know what different scrolls and stuff are, for example?
(A)no, you have to click each item indivudually to bring up their information

(Q)how do i put charges into my runebook?
(A)you'll need recall scrolls to charge runebooks. Just drop them on top of the runebook. Also, you don't need charges to use runebooks, just the proper regs.

(Q)i dont understand how tamers make money, but everybody keeps telling me "make a tamer so you can get cash to start off with" so if that could be explained id MUCH appreciate it since im poor as hell and cant seem to find a library to get some rune locations for my tailor, so he can go to diff towns and sell his fancy shirts.
(A)tamers get money by killing things. basiclly they get pets to kill stuff for them.

(Q)how do i save the locations from the library?
(A) you must use the library to recall to each location, and there mark your own rune.

(Q) a bard guide was posted on page 1. whats the music do for a bard?
(A)The musicianship and peacemaking skills work together to allow you to use an instrument to cause a monster to cease movement and attacking, allowing you to whack the hell out of it with whatever weapon you choose to wield. (a cool thing that was noted is how peacing works:

1: Sucess/fail on playing instrument well. This is a straight check vs your music skill. IE 50 musuc is a 50/50 shot at playing well, and 100 is a never fail shot at playing well.

2: Checks your peacemaking vs the bard difficulty of the monster your peacing.

awbs

Knight
Re: questions of a noob

no, you have to click each stack of scrolls indivudually to bring up their information .

also, different circle scrolls have different colours, so that kinda helps.

kaijick

Wanderer

ok, got my ass kicked for the first time today, scorched my horse, took my shit, you know how it goes :p anyways, here are some new questions:

how do i put charges into my runebook?

i dont understand how tamers make money, but everybody keeps telling me "make a tamer so you can get cash to start off with" so if that could be explained id MUCH appreciate it since im poor as hell and cant seem to find a library to get some rune locations for my tailor, so he can go to diff towns and sell his fancy shirts.

ill add these to the first post so they are as a list for other new people to look at

Killer Queen

Sorceror

First of all, you'll need recall scrolls to charge runebooks. Just drop them on top of the runebook. Also, you don't need charges to use runebooks, just the proper regs. I sell runebooks for cheapskies, I can get you a fully charged 10 charge one for free if you want. :>

As for the tamer thing, a tamer isn't the best way to start out. I'm not too sure on what is the best starting template, but some sort of bard that can provoke large baddies on eachother can be a big money maker. The problem is, it takes quite a bit of cash to train a whole build. Check the guides forum for a guide to making a tailor and/or a miner/smith. Delucia is a great town for new tailors/miners, and they can make a lot of cash, if you're willing to gather a lot of cotton/ingots. :>

kaijick

Wanderer

ya ive currently got a tailor, though i have no marks to travel to, keep getting so i cant get to any other places anyways lol. and i just bought a runebook for 1750 or something...was hard but i was told to buy one as they are blessed and wont drop when i die

oh and is there a way to send a privtate message to someone ingame?

Sir Kenga

Wanderer

kaijick;1294442 said:
oh and is there a way to send a privtate message to someone ingame?

U should be partied or in 1 guild with one u wish to talk to.
If in 1 guild write in say line uo: [g hi Johnny =)
If u r partied write in say line uo: /hi Johnny =)

Countessa

Knight

kaijick;1294442 said:
ya ive currently got a tailor, though i have no marks to travel to, keep getting so i cant get to any other places anyways lol. and i just bought a runebook for 1750 or something...was hard but i was told to buy one as they are blessed and wont drop when i die

The Library

Runebooks

Pepe'

Wanderer

Tamers make money by killing things.
Lets take a lich lord for example. Even with GM resits that bayby will deal out more than 100 damage in a short amount of time. In order to kill those effectively you would have to use a TON of rescourses, ie healingpotions / regs to heal / bandages, in order to kill it and not die. So even though it dropped 700g, it took you 5 minutes to kill it and you ended up sepending about 500g in rescourses to do so. Tamers on the otherhand use large pets like dragons to kill them. You heal the dragon with veterinary using bandages... which are free. Not only is it cheaper and FASTER to heal your pets, a dragon will drop the thing in MUCH less time than you could. So you can drop them faster and for cheeper than you could with other templates. So instead of 200g every 5 minutes, you get 650g in like a minute.

If your just starting out, make a bard warrior. With your starting 1000g and the knowhow to make your own bandages, there free to make and can pull in HUGE amounts of money.
Target template: Swords/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing Music/Peacemaking Hiding

Step one: Creating your character the RIGHT way
Create an ADVANCED char with the starting skills:
HEALING 50 / Hiding 49 / Musicianship 1
Stats Str30 dex30 dump the rest in INT
This will start you with blessed SCISSORS and a blessed instrument. Put this instrument in your bank immediately.
Start your character in MOONGLOW!
**AS SOON AS YOU ENTER THE WORLD LOCK ALL YOUR SKILLS! Your gain rate will be much higher the lower your total skillpoint is.
Turn MUSICIANSHIP and PEACEMAKING up.

Step two: Preparing to macro Bard skills!
Go to a tinker and buy 10 instruments (drums/lapharps/tamborines) Make sure there all the same type of instrument!!!

Step three: Create a macro that looks like this IN RAZOR

DblClick by type: (instrument)
UseSkill Peacemaking
TargetSelf
Pause 10.00seconds (10000)
Loop

Make sure that all 10 instruments are in your pack and start this macro. Let this play overnight or while your at work.school or something. When you wake up/get back both music and peace will be GM.
Temp so far: Musicianship 100/ Peacemaking 100/ Healing 50/ Hiding49

Step four: Preparing for Healing/Anat/Hiding.
Go to a mage shop and buy a MAGICAL WIZARDS HAT. Put this in your bank. Next go to the middle of moonglow and into the little fenced in hedge maze. Step on the teleporter in the SW corner. When you arrive at the destination porter run due EAST and stay below the ridge. After a few screens youll come to a fenced in cotton field. Collect all the cotton laying on the ground and hide till it respawns. When youve collected about 10-20 bails of cotton run back to the teleporters and zip back to town.
Run to the tailorshop and spin the cotton on the SPINNING WHEEL then weave the spools of thread on the LOOM. this should yeild you anywhere between 600-1200 cloth. Cut the cloth into bandages and put these in your bank.

Step five: Macroing Healing/Anatomy/Hiding
Setup a razor macro that looks like this:

Undress: WizardHat
BandageSelf
UseSkill: Hiding
Pause 15.00seconds (15000)
Dress: Wizards Hat
Loop
Let this play overnight or while your at work/school or something. When you wake up/get back, Healing, Anatomy, and Hiding should all be GM. If not, make some more bandages and restart the macro.
Current Skills: Musicianship 100/ Peacemaking 100/ Healing 100/ Anatomy 100/ Hiding 100/

Step six: Stocking to GM Swords/ Tactics/
If you have any bandages left good, if not, go make some more! :D
Head to a weaponsmith and buy 5-10 KATANAS. If you can afford it, buying some GM katanas will make you more money while you train. Either way bank all the katanats you buy save 3.

Step seven: GMing Swords/ Tactics!
Take these three katanas, your blessed instrument, and 50 bandages and go beat the crap out of anything you can find that drops gold! This way, while your GMing swords and tactics your actually starting to make money and getting used to the ins and outs of a peace warrior!
Bank your gold often and get more katanas/bandages as needed.
Template: GM Swords/ Tactics/ Anatomy/ Healing/ Musicianship/ Peacemaking/ Hiding

Step 8: FINAL STEP!
Use that gold that you got from GMing swords/tactics and buy a RUNEBOOK and all the RECALL scrolls you can afford. You cand find cheap runebooks on some player venders but if your having trouble finding one, head to Delucia via the moongate. You can buy one there for 2k. After that is all said and done, turn healing down and magery up.
**VERY TRICKY STEP!**
Go to a mage vendor and select to train in magery. Drop EXACTLY 100 gold onto the vendor. This will drop your Healing down to 90 and raise your magery to 10. Some may argue this, but 10 magery will help you to recall from the scrolls easier, and 90 healing is just right for this temp. You still NEVER FAIL to apply a bandage if you never get hit. And with peacemaking, this happens more often than not.

kaijick

Wanderer

how do i save the locations from the library?

and ill give that strat a try, but whats the music do?

Killer Queen

Sorceror

kaijick;1294924 said:
how do i save the locations from the library?

and ill give that strat a try, but whats the music do?

You'll need to use the library to recall to each spot, and mark your own recall runes and add them to the runebook. It is a long process, unfortunately.

The musicianship and peacemaking skills work together to allow you to use an instrument to cause a monster to cease movement and attacking, allowing you to whack the hell out of it with whatever weapon you choose to wield.

Pepe'

Wanderer

You gotta either travel with a mage friend and have them mark the runes for you, or you can start another char with 50 magery/ 50 med and buy some mark scrolls and mark em that way.

Music is needed to peace. Theres two checks when you peace something.

1: Sucess/fail on playing instrument well. This is a straight check vs your music skill. IE 50 musuc is a 50/50 shot at playing well, and 100 is a never fail shot at playing well.

2: Checks your peacemaking vs the bard difficulty of the monster your peacing.

With my bard I usually run around killing Titans until the zerg squad comes in. Other then that I fight daemons from time-to-time. They have a lot of potential once you get the hang of their abilities because you can control a huge amount of spawn at once.

Killer Queen

Sorceror

kaijick;1295262 said:
is there a way to bless something myself so it doesnt get looted when i die?

Only clothes, and for a massive 450k. :> No item insurance here.

If you wait until your first month on the shard goes by, you'll get the chance to get some blessed robes/cloaks that add 2 AR each.

kaijick

Wanderer

i assume AR is armor rating? and is that like as a reward for staying a month? lol.

i try not to get physical help from people as much as i can but sometimes its required. in this case i think ill take it the slow way with my tailoring and see how i do since tessas library gave me a few stores to try and sell at =) but ya im still looking at that bard/war for my first character. any idea what kind of gold i can (reasonably) pull in per hour with him? guess i plan to make a pvp mage after him when i have the resources.

and i found it wierd i havent been stolen from yet. have i been lucky or are there just not many thieves for some reason?

oh in regards to the blessed item, i see a few posts with thieves complaining that all the peoples items are blessed and they cant steal from them, can you not steal equipped items, or are they mainly talking about armor and not weapons?

I have a bard and can pull in an easy 25-50k or so [depends how hard I work or if I'm having fun and don't care.] They are nice since they don't need very many materials to make money, just a nice lute in my situations.

Thieves are abundant, but you don't get stolen from very often. Most of the time they are pretty obvious, just watch for naked people are anyone not on a mount following you are trying to stand next to you for some reason. Most of the real valuable items are blessed naturally so that is probably what they are complaining about. [Not being able to steal rares..checks...ect], but you can still steal a lot. Thieves are able to disarm and steal your weapon if you're not careful, so watch out. Halberds weight too much and cannot be stolen, though.

And, yes, when he said "AR" he meant armor rating. Rewards here are given on a monthly basis, not a yearly basis like OSI. The reward robes/cloaks give you an extra 2AR each regardless of robe type; that is something regular cloth ones don't do. =^_^=