UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Racism

Hardstyler85

Wanderer
Racism

I just wondered if theres any japanese players here, that feel "violated" when seeing a tailor called "kids in taiwan" ?
Allthou its a fact that there ARE kids in taiwan making toys etc, dont this make yo feel a bit "raped" :eek:

And people, keep the lame comments out of this thread!

Amasu

Wanderer
heh

Taiwan is the Republic of China.
So Japanese players would hardly be offended by this player name.
Besides, I believe the player with this name is Taiwanese...I have seen a few of those irritating chinese/japanese alphabet letters appear over his head.

Irritating in that they act like spam, filling the screen for a simple sentence.

Red Bull

Wanderer
Kioe said:
Taiwan is the Republic of China.
So Japanese players would hardly be offended by this player name.
Nice one Kioe
aheuaheuaheuhaeuhauea
Edit: Those people don't know anything of geography, some believe until today that the capital of Brazil is Rio de Janeiro :eek:

Hardstyler85

Wanderer
Red Bull said:
Nice one Kioe
aheuaheuaheuhaeuhauea
Edit: Those people don't know anything of geography, some believe until today that the capital of Brazil is Rio de Janeiro :eek:

Red Bull, to me they are japs. Im realy not into the difference between china and japan ETC! I dont quite frankly care.. got it?
dont call me stupid either, cause atleast i can act mature and i can speak english!

Lol, my tailor is named kids in Taiwan, I named him that just to have everything I make tagged "crafted by kids in Taiwan"
Like alot of things is made in Taiwan and some by children, I just find it amusing, lol.

I saw some guy named kids in China (total ripoff of my leet name =( )

And im not asian irl :p

(hmmm, maybe next they will think Hong Kong is part of Japan too....)

(as for the laungage / characters... they are NOT spam.... Chinese(Traditional, simplfied.) is short compared to Japanese(Kenji, hiragana, katakana).... Japanese is not a very word effecient language....)

As an Asian of Chinese Origins..(and 1/8 russian...) nar, that char name is not offensive... cause those things are happening...

of course, more so in China than Taiwan...since Taiwan ACTUALLY have laws against child labour... and (for)human rights...
(this kind of stuff kinda moved to China, indoneaisa and india now...)

But yeah, thingy thing is... alot of Chinese(well, I guess I can only speak for some I guess.) are not touchy on race...(to the point that some may see them as racist...while they are just being indifferent...)...well (with the exception of dealing with marriage...thats one touchy subject....)

"Stones and rocks may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

hmmm makes me tempted to make a crafter named "MasterCrafts"

Edit: (Since There are many subculture in the Chinese Culture, the above statement are not neccerary correct)

Amasu

Wanderer
Heh

Hmm, where to start?
The word "Jap" is one we shouldnt be using, period.

As to the language difference between Japanese and Chinese and the alphabetical letters- I didnt say it was spam but that it acted like spam based on my personal font settings and nearly fills the screen.

These players have a right to communicate in their language ingame, yet I hold dear my right to cringe as line after line scrolls into being...

*shrugs*

I obviously was mistaken about the player with that name and his nationality- I have seen some chinese/japanese/korean players in game, using the respective alphabets of said countries however.

Red Bull

Wanderer
Hardstyler said:
Red Bull, to me they are japs. Im realy not into the difference between china and japan ETC! I dont quite frankly care.. got it?
dont call me stupid either, cause atleast i can act mature and i can speak english!
Now who is being a racist is you
I was not born in your country but I can speak English very well, you should appreciate people of other countries that can speak your language...

Kioe said:
yet I hold dear my right to cringe as line after line scrolls into being...

Hehe off topic for a sec.... hehe, for some reason, this sentance reminds me of Baulder's gate series.... (and the other games by the same setting..)
(The Symble spells...they all uses Chinese Tranditional Characters respectivly to each spell. )

(Joke)
hehe, the symbles do have the power to do stuff to ya! haha... in Kioe's case, it makes him "cringe" hehe
(end joke)

*goes back into hiding*
Edit: *wonders how The D&D Farun setting symble spells end up the way they are*

Amasu

Wanderer
What part of the word "Jap" being innappropriate was confusing Hardstyler?

It is a racist and derogatory word, based on turn of the century imperialist anglo propaganda.

If you want confirmation of this, should you doubt- please check google for the common usage of this word minus the xxx connotation...I would also suggest ignoring acronyms of organisations and companies.

Better yet type "racism jap" on google or any other search engine.

You should relent with the use of this word, seriously.

Hardstyler85

Wanderer
Hey, youre not getting my point
I mentioned that to me, its not a differnce if hes chinese or japanese
Its the same as you don care waether im swedish or danish! damn lol

Besides, i asked a question in this thread, and you dident answer it, instead you took offense...