UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Razor fucked fullscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter420

Sorceror
Re: Razor fucked fullscreen?

I play with a normal size window, that is not fullscreen, if u know how to set stuff in razor and ur client, u shouldnt need full screen at all. I havent had to use full screen UO since Pre-Trammel days when i was newb.

Razor Setting - Force Game Size 1000x800
Client Settings - Game play window size 800x600

If this isnt big enough, you need a bigger monitor or your to picky.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but the way you worded your first post wasnt very nice either. I see no form of anything that would or should cause you to call the staff here "incompetent".

Alt+Enter does crash my client now tho, you are right there. (But i had to look up how to enter full screen anyway lol)

Mara

Knight

I don't think razor has a force full-screen option. Under the more options tab, I think, you can select whether you want to force the game-size to something other than the two options you get with the client(640x480, 800,600). Regardless, I would not want to use razor in full-screen because this would prevent being able to use all of the item display counters in your title bar, which is very useful.

What I use personally is a desktop resolution of 1360x1024, and use razor to force the gamesize to 1024x768. Fullscreen is turned off in UO. If necessary based on system performance, you can lower or change to values to suit your needs. I currently use 16-bit color, with 85 Hz refresh on a Radeon 9550 256MB video card. What it looks like for me is below.

Attachments

• Morasha_12-31_15.56.jpg
    Morasha_12-31_15.56.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 65

Dexter420

Sorceror

Shittake;2026111 said:
i personally hate clutter on my game windows and like fullscreen.

You hate clutter, so u use full screen....yea. i understand now, makes perfect sense. Sorry i misunderstood your meaning. (insert more sarcastic comments here) Next time you want help, try wording yourself differently and people wont just write you off as a dick and give you comments like this.

Reinstall and patch again, but not to far this time.

Mara

Knight

There is a bug related to adjusting UO options that occurs in patches later than 6.0.6.1(or close). The bug is that when you hit 'Apply/Ok' to save an option change, the gamewindow will become small. To correct all you need to do is log out and then log in.

I've been at patch 6.0.6.1, 6.0.14.3, and all the way before and I don't think I experienced any related issues. If you operate in full screen, under UO Options(eyeball) tab, the highest resolution you can go is 1024x768 for the client. You can choose the two options for the gameplay window in the UO client-800x600 or 640x480, or you can override it with razor-but if you override it to1024x768 or higher - the game window will be the whole screen. Still works as designed though. Just have to remember to log out and in after changing options in UO if you are patched high in the 6x's, and razor to see the changes(if overriding).

I currently patch to 6.0.14.3 for the client. Razor is all the way at 1.0.12.8.

Mara

Knight

Sorry you feel that way. I read what you posted. Tried to interpret what was going wrong for you, as did Dexter, and tried to provide a course of action.

Plenty of people have things working just fine with the current razor and client, although I don't think many people choose to use razor/client in fullscreen, but that's your choice. The only third party Program that you may be referring to is Razor, which is developed by a guy out of the kindness of his heart. These folks are doing you a favor. I'd keep that in perspective before tossing around words of incompetence.

CBW

Sorceror

So i just ran UOpatch after the server came up earlier to see if there was any patches, and there was quite a long patch

First of all who the fuck does this?

Any New patches?

We are a Publish 15/16 era of Ultima Online

Anything adjusted is done so in game with server saves/resets

i'm not stupid and know how it all works

No you don't know how anything works & you're a fucking inconsiderate moron

but didn't specify how exactly to go about "not patching to far"

Need mommy to hold your hand still kid?
YOU MANUALLY STOP AT 6.0.14.3 for the client
duh...

i didn't think this level of gross incompetence was possible
i'm about as disgusted as possible at this point.

Took the words out of my mouth.

I got some advice - GTFO this server with that attitude or give me your character names & locations so I can grief the shit out of you repeatedly in-game till you quit.

CBW

Sorceror

Oh great a teenager with an ego

Oh great, a retard with a keyboard.

there has been cases where running the patch was necessary

I have not patched once since install in nearly 4 years I've played here

i haven't been throwing around juvenile insults at anyone on this forum

i'm not gonna sit here and act like a 15 year old with a testosterone problem arguing

I beg to differ, I haven't seen someone spell/communicate as poorly as you in a long long time.

Not to mention name calling & slander, if anyone is the kid, it is you.

Now run along to bed before it is TOO ( spelled T-O-O, I know it is hard at your age ) late & mommy/daddy wake up & unplug the computer.

He isn't trolling, hes referring to the fact that you completely DISRESPECTED the people that tried to HELP you in this thread.

Dexter420

Sorceror

Shittake;2026172 said:
Hahaha way to troll, but you answered my original question so i have no complaints. nice it worked, what's your address CBW i'll send you some action figures and a stuffed animal as thanks. if you wanna grief me you'll find i have alot more patience with people then i do with computer crap.

You are being a complete prick. No one is going to give a flying fuck that it wont work for you when you have a teenage high-school cuntish attitude about everything you fucking type. People have tried to help you and you continue to bitch. Uninstall and find a new game, and dont expect anyone to help you again.

This is me trolling, Dick.

Shittake;2026218 said:
wasn't my intention to disrespect anyone aside from EA but if you look up the definition of troll CBW's name name could be next to it.

This isnt EA , go bitch at them. And make your little troll comments when your trolling your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.