UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Razor's new update and Windows Vista/7

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Razor's new update and Windows Vista/7

The new Razor update has been causing some problems on Windows Vista/7, which mainly consist of not being able to create new macros or take screenshots, or profiles/macros disappearing altogether. This is because (it appears) Razor no longer makes use of the compatibility folder in Windows Vista/7.

If any of your macros/profiles are gone after the update, try the following:
  • Open "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Razor"
  • Copy all files/folders to "C:\Program Files\Razor"
If you're unable to create new macros or take screenshots, you can either run Razor with administrator privileges (easiest way), or try changing the Razor folder owner to your user account as follows (alternative way):
  • Open "C:\Program Files\Razor", right-click anywhere in the folder and click "Properties".
  • Click the Security tab.
  • Click Advanced.
  • Click the Owner tab.
  • Click Edit.
  • Select your user account in the "Change owner to:" box.
  • Press Apply, then OK about 3 times to close all previous windows.
If "C:\Program Files\Razor" already has subfolders, you may have to do the same for those too.

[Link to the Razor forums thread]

Edit:
Yet another alternative is to install Razor in a non-Program Files location (thanks to Zlatan for the instructions):
- Back up your original Razor profiles, macros, etcetera.
- Uninstall Razor.
- Reinstall Razor, changing the file path it installs to from "C:\Program Files\Razor" to only "C:\Razor", "D:\Razor" or wherever you want, just not the previous path.
- Copy backed up stuff over.
- Open Razor, test a macro by playing it, and it works!

[Razor download location]

Amerigo

Sorceror
Re: Razor's new update and Windows Vista/7

Wish I could give more than one "thanks" for your post!

Azguard

Sorceror

Ok ive tried reinstalling razor, ive done your administrator ownership change. Yet I cannot retain any new profiles or macros. Every time i create new profile and it tells me to restart razor. when i restart, the profile is deleted... I have windows Vista

i cant use cntrl for any macros its brings up an error and its also not saving any of the counters i add to my bar no refresh dex or str pots.... anyone know a way to fix this?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Razor\Macros\Candle.macro' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at Assistant.Macros.Macro.Save()
at Assistant.Macros.Macro.Play()
at Assistant.Macros.MacroManager.Play(Macro m)
at Assistant.Macros.MacroManager.HotKeyPlay(Macro m)
at Assistant.Macros.MacroManager.HotKeyPlay(Object& state)
at Assistant.KeyData.Callback()
at Assistant.HotKey.OnKeyDown(Int32 key)
at Assistant.ClientCommunication.OnMessage(MainForm razor, UInt32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Assistant.MainForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Razor
Assembly Version: 1.0.12.11
Win32 Version: 1.0.12.11
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Razor/Razor.exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Ultima
Assembly Version: 2.0.3.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.3.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Razor/Ultima.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

WaRgAzM

Knight

Ahh Shino how I love you. I honestly lost all motivation to play this weekend cause I didnt wanna remake 15 profile. <3

Shino90;2139274 said:
The new Razor update has been causing some problems on Windows Vista/7, which mainly consist of not being able to create new macros or take screenshots, or profiles/macros disappearing altogether. This is because (it appears) Razor no longer makes use of the compatibility folder in Windows Vista/7.

If any of your macros/profiles are gone after the update, try the following:
  • Open "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Razor"
  • Copy all files to "C:\Program Files\Razor"

im not seeing this part i can follow it to C:\Users\username

but i dont see appdata anywhere

now razor is trying to download an update that wants to delete a uo.dll but cant find it to do so

amish_ned

Sorceror

yeah this blows hard, ive tried deleting and reinstalling, saved the profiles and macros and tried to save them. It seems that they arent picking up the profiles at all. Its also not letting me make new profiles. WTF this shit is annoying as hell.

Miami Vice

Traveler

had same problems. i uninstalled and reinstalled using the outdated install file. everytime the update wants permission i deny it and everything has been working like it used too.

Reign Flame;2139536 said:
I fucking love you, Emily!

edit--

Wtf, when I go to play a macro it says: Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you clikc Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Razor\Macros\Misc Action\dfsd.macro' is denied.

EDIT:::

To fix this (^) thanks to Zlatan, I had to-

- Backup my original Razor profiles, macros, etc.
- Uninstall Razor
- Reinstall razor, changing the file path it installed to (from C:/Programs/ to only C:/ [or wherever you want, just not the previous path])
- Copy back up stuff over
- Open razor, test a macro by playing it, and it works.

Not sure if anyone else will have this problem, but I did.

i did this and it seemed to fix the problems i was haveing

Bones123

Page

EDIT: Thank you Reign Flame!!!! Very nice of you to take your time to help me get this worked out. Macros are all good now!

Uomvp

Knight

I am trying to work with my windows7 but i've tried everything people have suggested and nothing has seemed to work. Damn fustrated

amish_ned

Sorceror

i just bit the bullet and made all new profiles. Saved my macros, but still a bitch.

Now the probblem i am having, is that when I set the new profile up, half of the settings dont stay. I lose most if not all of the settings, macros, and such. What the eff am I doing wrong, other than using razor?

FLICK-hybrid;2139672 said:
im not seeing this part i can follow it to C:\Users\username

but i dont see appdata anywhere

You cant see the folder. Go to your start menu, and in run (or the search thing in 7)

type C:/users/Anton(use your user here)/Appdata

it will pop up, I promise, unless you type anton, then your retarded.

RAKninja

Page

AntonWhat?;2140773 said:
You cant see the folder. Go to your start menu, and in run (or the search thing in 7)

type C:/users/Anton(use your user here)/Appdata

it will pop up, I promise, unless you type anton, then your retarded.

going to folder options, and then choosing to view hidden and system files also works. in win7, folder options is in "tools". on older windows, it might be in "view". on all, it is in the control panel.

Azguard

Sorceror

I finally fixed mine. On running vista, I was having the problem that all of my profiles were gone, none would save when created.. so i completely deleted razor again, reinstalled. Changed y computer user settings to make sure everything was full administrator authority. Changed Razors settings to always run as administrator. and finally somehow it started working correctly. I only wish I would remember what steps i followed to do this..

mizer100

Sorceror

i am have the same problems as you ned i followed the info and still not working this what i get every time i try after the fixes Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you clikc Quit, the application will close immediately.