UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Recall - a UO album

Diz

Wanderer
Hello everyone, I'll try and keep this short and sweet. A recording artist once told me that you should talk about your work as little as possible - so I'll try to only give a little background context instead of talking about the actual stuff directly. :)

-

As a hobby over the years I've had a great interest in music, as well as gaming [obivously]. My original OSI UO story? Well... I played original UO and T2A on Lake Superior, then quit when they were taking precasting out. That's about all she wrote on the retail tip.

There was a UO server about a decade ago (2002-2003) that I returned to, called In Por Ylem (IPY). Anyways, it was a fun time. After that, I continued playing games and eventually got into music production as a hobby.

A few years had gone by, and in 2009 the head admin from the original IPY wanted to try and make a second server. I did some alpha design for the server, mostly PvP mechanics and stuff up that alley.

On the side, I decided to do a little side project at the same time - an album of UO songs - only updated beyond midi format. Eventually the server project went into open beta, and then live launch, and by this point I was gone because I wasn't interested in playing UO at the time, only helping with the design side.

The music was 'released' to the forum there at some point before launch, and that was that. I went on my merry way, and IPY2 didn't really go very far from what I could tell [a shame]. The album just sat on my website for a few years, and eventually even that became dust in the internet wind. Who has money to host a site for a dead band? :p

And now... here I am playing UO again. Back in the saddle. That old familar feeling.

Direct external link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuJRQlUjKA
*Additional information regarding the album can be found in the youtube description for the video.

So I figured, hey, why not share it with you guys. Maybe some of you will like it, maybe some of you will cower in fear and clutch your original UO cds and put the audio files on repeat for the next week. Again I'd rather not talk about it up front or attempt to describe it, but if someone has a question or concern I'd be glad to give explanations or whatever if someone is curious about something.

Anyways, thanks for checking out my thread. If you take a listen, well then I say 'thanks' and I hope you enjoy... if not, there's always the original songs! :)