UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos, is it worth it.

Re: Sallos, is it worth it.

Stides;1959003 said:
Sallos is overrated. It makes a lot of things easier, which is needed by most players on this shard because they are bad. Also youll never run as fast as you can on razor with sallos. You cant make macros in sallos. You have to use nitesite every 5 mins. The map is stupid. I could go on and on.. but I hate sallos ;)

well atleast im not the only one!!!!

SmiL

Sorceror

Stides;1959003 said:
Also youll never run as fast as you can on razor with sallos.

Not true on my case.

I'm from Brazil, my ping is always around 200-375, the way i run on Razor is kinda laggy, and the Sallos features (display settings), let me run way more than on razor. but thats me.

:)

Addicted

Disciple

I only use Sallos to record duels. Other than that it's not what I want out of a UO client.

SmiL

Sorceror

Simon Cowell;1959010 said:
That's not true with me. I run faster on Sallos. Razor lags me to all hell for some reason (even with smaller res). I will be running then it will stop for 2 seconds then run again for awhile.

I have 4gb of ram and dual core 4ghz so its not my pc either.

Even if it was you're pc...

Razor doesnt need a decent computer as sallos does. makes no-sence
(i used to run razor on my P3 500mhz 128RAM 8gb hard disk 6mb Video card)

Addicted

Disciple

Yeah, on my crappy laptop I could run three clients and hypercam without a problem. But one instance of sallos and hypercam wouldn't run without being very jumpy.

UncleSam

Knight

Stides;1959003 said:
Sallos is overrated. It makes a lot of things easier, which is needed by most players on this shard because they are bad. Also youll never run as fast as you can on razor with sallos. You cant make macros in sallos. You have to use nitesite every 5 mins. The map is stupid. I could go on and on.. but I hate sallos ;)
lol it does make wands easier lol
but
you can make macros
nightsite isnt every 5 min lol and its not even a hassle
the map is the best part lol

sparty27

Wanderer

SmiL;1958854 said:
razor is much better for dexxers, but if you play a mage, yes its worth a try.

razor is not better for dexxers unless your dexxer has 0 magery

but tbh it doesn't realy matter sallos is a huge memory hog so with that said you should use whatever runs faster for you. I love sallos but my puter just can't run it fast enough to keep up with runners. So i mainly use it when i dungeon pk or if i'm dueling. But if your puter runs it fine and your not on a character with 0 magery you should use sallos

sparty27

Wanderer

Stides;1959003 said:

In a game that most people want to win there is no reason to dissadvantage yourself by not using everything your allowed to. The additude you present is the same from people that complain if someone chugs a pot or uses a wand etc etc... if those items or a certain "cheap" tactic causes someone to win good for them. If you enjoy playing at a dissadvantage thats fine but you have no room to bash other people for enjoying the game how they would like.

SmiL

Sorceror

sparty27;1959495 said:
razor is not better for dexxers unless your dexxer has 0 magery

but tbh it doesn't realy matter sallos is a huge memory hog so with that said you should use whatever runs faster for you. I love sallos but my puter just can't run it fast enough to keep up with runners. So i mainly use it when i dungeon pk or if i'm dueling. But if your puter runs it fine and your not on a character with 0 magery you should use sallos

Dexxers (decent ones) use to have few recorded custom macros, that you cant do on Sallos.

I also didnt get the "0 magery thing" .

sparty27

Wanderer

if you don't know what i'm talking about i'm not gonna let you in on it figure it out yourself. Lets just say there are things you can do in sallos with magery and a weapon that do not work well or at all in razor. And the only macro you could be talking about in razor that you can't do in sallos is "if system message 2 use exp last target" or something similiar. However being able to cuttoff and use wands easyer is deff worth the trade off. and you could say how you need two buttons one for disarm and one for arm but honestly you get used to it and having a smooth bola macro is worth the trade.

fonis

Knight

i was unaware sallos was multithreaded

if not, then quad core would have 0 effect compared to dual core, unless you have tons of bullshit running in the background.

fonis;1959897 said:
i was unaware sallos was multithreaded

if not, then quad core would have 0 effect compared to dual core, unless you have tons of bullshit running in the background.

damn how did you beat me to that. only the newer 3d engines run like that. i was building my new comp and my buddy told me the only time you would ever see the dif between a good duo and a quad is some crazy ass new game with 3d effects out the ass.

one huge downside is the leakage. it just becomes so much of a memery whore.

fonis

Knight

i would 100% say dual over single, of course, since it lets system shit thread between the primary app (game) easily.

peteliv

Knight

i didnt even want to use razor when it came out and all my macroes are still done in game

nolliepoper

Sorceror

Pete Liv;1960055 said:
i didnt even want to use razor when it came out and all my macroes are still done in game

Sallos seems closer to the uo option macros than what razor has and does.