UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos Mouse Lag

Who

Wanderer
Sallos Mouse Lag

I've done searches on here, Google, and the RunUO Sallos forum but I cannot seem to find a whole lot of information towards fixing this issue. I have run mouse in separate thread, and tried it without, and it still does not work. I am running this on Vista 32-bit and have the client updated to 6.6.01 I believe. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

blood42000

Wanderer
Re: Sallos Mouse Lag

You could try messing with the display settings, like turning off shadows and low terrain quality. I've heard of this problem before, not sure how to fix it.

blood42000

Wanderer

You know actually if the restart doesnt work.

Ctr+Alt+Del

and go to sallos and end process because i know some times especially if you crash the program will still run in the back ground.

Tony-

Sorceror

i had same problem i gave up tring to figure it out i just use razor. i tryed everything tbh i think it has something to do with the graphics card in my pc so u might have same thing mines old and shitty.

nolliepoper

Sorceror

I use to have bad mouse lag and closing out of the login screen really helped a lot.
Switching to 16 bit colors on my computer's settings doubled my fps and may or may not help you.

Who

Wanderer

Just to clear things up it lags from the beginning not after it runs for awhile.

I turned my display settings to 16-bit and it helped out a lot. I have also turned all the Sallos display settings to the lowest settings and didn't notice a big difference. The mouse is still lagging a little bit but it's a lot better. I'm going to dig around and see if I can figure out how to get Sallos to full screen. Thanks for all the help so far.

*EDIT*
Full screen helped out but caused another problem. Unless I am quick to exit out of the Sallos log in screen then it gets stuck between tabbing in and out of Sallos. At this point I cannot use the UO Sallos client until I close out of the log in. Any suggestions?

blood42000

Wanderer

You could also try Reinstall the uo patch, cause i have heard that patching too high can cause some problems. I believe that Tessa's Cove website tells you which patch to stop at.
In all cases, patch to at least 6.0.6.3 for Hybrid. - Tessa's Cove

Im not even sure if the uo patch has any relevance with sallos but worth a try in my book.

I would also try turning off smooth movement if you havent tried that already.

shindig

Sorceror

Sounds like it might be a little much for the computer?

UO's an old game and isn't graphic intensive, however sallos takes more power than razor and the original client to run. If you have like 1-2 gigs of ram, less than a 2ghz processor, or really old onboard video I'd expect the computer to lag, freeze, or otherwise be unplayable.

For crashing, I'd make sure you've installed the most recent service pack on your operating system, the most recent version of .NET framework, and make sure you've unzipped and copied all the files to the right location.

Even with all that, on a good computer, I was crashing at guard lines until I disabled the music(. music off), never crashed again. I used to crash when I recalled from a spellbook, but wouldn't crash if I gated from the same spellbook. Updating my OS and .NET Service packs in correct order, reinstalling directx and re-copying the unzipped files to the folder eventually solved the problem for me.

But your mouse lag sounds a lot like a video issue, can you play unreal or any 3d games on the computer without problems?

Addicted

Disciple

blood42000;2024807 said:
You could also try Reinstall the uo patch, cause i have heard that patching too high can cause some problems. I believe that Tessa's Cove website tells you which patch to stop at.

Im not even sure if the uo patch has any relevance with sallos but worth a try in my book.

I would also try turning off smooth movement if you havent tried that already.

Really you should be patching further than that. 6.0.14.3 at least, if not all the way.

Luti-Kriss

Sorceror

There is an option for "smooth mouse movement" or something. Try turning that off. Along with decreasing the quality this helped me.

blood42000

Wanderer

Addicted;2024815 said:
Really you should be patching further than that. 6.0.14.3 at least, if not all the way.

well i know people that patched all the way and got really bad lag from certain things.

I patched to version 6.0.6.2 and i dont have any problems(sallos user).

Addicted

Disciple

Yeah, I had problems with the latest patch also, but you should go to at least 6.0.14.3.

Who

Wanderer

I patched a little further and Sallos crashed at that point so I reverted back to around 6.6.0.1. I am still having the issue of it having anchoring problems if I do not close out of the Sallos log in page. If I manage to close it in time I can anchor the client with no issues, otherwise it flashes between the client and the desktop.