UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

sallos on windows 7

sallos on windows 7

just upgraded to windows 7, when i try to log in to my char on sallos i get the following error.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at PlayUO.Gumps.LoadIndexFromData()
at PlayUO.Gumps.LoadIndex()
at PlayUO.Gumps..ctor()
at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

anyone know why this might be? :)

Re: sallos on windows 7

anyone at all that can help me with this? i have asked a few people, and havent been able to get a hold of krrios for oh about a month now

Fr0sty

Lord

I'm not a windows 7 user yet, but i would suggest when you run sallos, right click it and hit "run as administrator".

Fr0sty;1997872 said:
I'm not a windows 7 user yet, but i would suggest when you run sallos, right click it and hit "run as administrator".

yeah Ive tried this, Ive searched the forums, and the runuo forums, and what i found is about 15 other people with this exact problem and not one of their threads had an answer.

I asked suil ban and he said "oh this one, ask krrios"

Ive tried to get a hold of krrios for the past month with no results, so I gave up a couple weeks ago.

but if anyone does find an answer, please post it, there's lots of people that would appreciate it

Fr0sty

Lord

hrm it seems to me like the sallos that you are using has been corrupted somehow. I'm sure you've tried a clean new download of sallos? Remove ALL traces of sallos, from the user/appdata/local, and also the main directory, and then try a fresh new install of it.

yes i have uninstalled all traces of sallos and reinstalled maybe 10 times.
i was playing sallos on XP and everything was fine, then i reformatted one day (still to XP) and it started doing this. then i loaded windows 7 and still had this problem. so i know its not a windows 7 problem.

also i just realized there are two errors, the first one posted above and this one is the second one

at PlayUO.Gumps..ctor()
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssemblyByName(String assemblyName, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssemblyByName(String assemblyName, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Sallos.Services.Games.Ultima.UltimaService.LaunchPlayUO(Object state)

I have framework up to 3.5, direct x 9.0c.

im willing to offer 100k for anyone that might know what the problem is and walk me through fixing it.

Fr0sty

Lord

how about you leave your aim and I will send you my copy of sallos and see if you get the error. I have been on windows 7 for 2 days and sallos works fine for me.

Fr0sty;1998984 said:
Troubleshooting PlayUO - RunUO - Ultima Online Emulation

Try some of these, along with .net you also need directx 9.0 and the managed directx 9.0

Tried all of those, as well as any other post i could find slightly related to the issue.

And no offense i'm not going to accept any files over aim. unless the downloaded file on the sallos website is corrupted, there should be no problem seeing as how i have completely wiped it and re downloaded it 10+ times.

Amako

Sorceror

i Had the same 2 problems when i installed but let me remember what i did to fix it.

Ok, well good news. I fixed the problem. I downloaded mondains legacy and reinstalled with that instead of UO gold. Then i stopped the patching earlier than i had it, i stopped at 6.0.6.1 and everything works perfectly. So it was one or the other or both that fixed it, hope it helps some other people.

herakles

Sorceror

Fr0sty;1998979 said:
how about you leave your aim and I will send you my copy of sallos and see if you get the error. I have been on windows 7 for 2 days and sallos works fine for me.

WATCH OUT MAN THIS GUY DROPS IN HAX AND LOOTS ACCOUNTS DRY!

j/k

Dr Robbins

Sorceror

There is a new version of sallos, well relatively new. the old version of sallos doesnt work. you need to find the link to the new one, idk where it is but there is an old version. or and old download file that you are probably just using over and over and nothing is working.

NoxReturns

Wanderer
these are the errors right here i get please help me out
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\GumpIdx.mul'.
File name: 'C:\GumpIdx.mul'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options,
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at PlayUO.Gumps..ctor()

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
sallos on windows 7

just upgraded to windows 7, when i try to log in to my char on sallos i get the following error.

at PlayUO.Gumps..ctor()

anyone know why this might be? :)
What is your client version? Sallos currently only works with UO clients 7.0.8.2 and below. Any newer clients will get you errors similar to that.

these are the errors right here i get please help me out
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\GumpIdx.mul'.
File name: 'C:\GumpIdx.mul'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options,
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at PlayUO.Gumps..ctor()
For some reason, Sallos thinks your UO is installed in C:\. You could do one of two things: