UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Should mare boating considered to be illegal?

Solution of Pet Boating

• Pet Summoning Ball

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Owner Knows exact Pet Coordinate mobile or stilled

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Declare Boating illegal

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • It is fine the way it is

Votes: 67 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasticAngel

Wanderer
Should mare boating considered to be illegal?

Now that mares are hard to find, people are boating mares crazy not only just to cause grief to the tamers, but in order to steal other people's precious pets.

I personally think that this is very cruel and should be considered as a cheating. I was wondering if how many people out there thinks same way as I do.

Losing vanq weapons to the thieves is NOTHING compare to this. Vanq weapons are EASY to get from hunting monsters. However Mares with limited spawn (like 9 per day Max?), it is a totally different story.

Please don't say that you are risking something for using mare to PVP because some of us just use tamers for farming gold, role playing, and etc. Besides, we pay heavy price for losing pet's stat which is HARD to regain. Isn't that good enough loss?

Now the bonding is totally useless because of 'Boating the mare and retame it after it goes wild' trick people pulls these days. (It takes such a long time to make it go wild. Man, some people got no life at all.)

Boating is going out of control and I ask admins to step in and try to do someting about this issue.

And to all other fellow tamers out there, I have come up with a new way to solve this problem. It might be little annoying but it works.

I have 2 tamers on my account each have thier own 7x mares.
I simply exchanged ownership between them by making them go wild and retame each other's mare. NOT TRANSFERING!

If you wait a week, a mare will be bonded once again. Don't take out your pet until then.

So if a kid who brags about stealing other people mares, tries that 'Boating' trick to steal your mares, they will NEVER be able to retame it because skill requirement on 3rd retame is over 100. Without powerscroll, it is IMPOSSIBLE.

I rather lose it forever than to see other guy riding it with a big smile.

I heard lock other people's mares inside the house is illegal. Why not boating then? It doesn't make sense at all. It should be treated SAME.

There is virtually no way to find where your mare is in the wide open sea where lamers are sitting on their ass and waiting for a mare to go wild.

Maybe not really the pet summoning but let owners know the coordinate of thier pet so at least they have a chance to fight for it until the very last moment of it going wild.

Re: Should mare boating considered to be illegal?

I say pets are overpowered. I don't agree that boating or luring should be banned, this just makes the trainer a bit more aware of his pets and gives tamers consequences. If you don't want your animals boated, watch them.

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

It's never happened to me before, but I voted for 'Owner Knows exact Pet Coordinate mobile or stilled' anyway. It seems like it could make for some fun, if the tamer had to go chase down whoever boated it off instead of simply having to pay a fee. I'm sure some people would be more than willing to pay; hell, i'd rather pay 200k then spend an hour trying to get my mare back.

PlasticAngel

Wanderer

ANTI ABORTION said:
I say pets are overpowered. I don't agree that boating or luring should be banned, this just makes the trainer a bit more aware of his pets and gives tamers consequences. If you don't want your animals boated, watch them.

How do you watch it if a red gang squad swarms you in the middle of hunting and tries to lure your pets away to their boat? If you have any wisdoms you can share with us, please do so. Something like 'Learn to PVP! Noob' won't be accepted. Thx.

dont use your pets for pvp. if you are outside of a dungeon stable your mare & use regular horse. i have had both my pure mares since i got here a little less than a year ago.

:fap:

BlackSword said:
Losing vanq weapons to the thieves is NOTHING compare to this. Vanq weapons are EASY to get from hunting monsters. However Mares with limited spawn (like 9 per day Max?), it is a totally different story.

Mares are a lot stronger then a vanq weapon.

Tamers need consequences for dying.

BlackSword said:
How do you watch it if a red gang squad swarms you in the middle of hunting and tries to lure your pets away to their boat? If you have any wisdoms you can share with us, please do so. Something like 'Learn to PVP! Noob' won't be accepted. Thx.

I've had the same mare since I first started the shard, its been lured before and yet I still own it. Learn to follow your pets and know where they're at.

Recall.

Gary HK

Sorceror

Arrh, I am a victim of mare boating.
My friend and I are not a pvper and only use mare for farm, but our mares still got boated. A few days ago, we were talking next to the del stable with our newly tamed mare. Suddenly, some ppl rush into town and casted FS on us and lure my friend mares out. I did try to follow them, but I was blocked by a wall of stone. Finally, I had to use most of my saving to buy back the mares.
I don't feel so hard for these pk, it's because he did sell me a correct ship key. And it's part of the UO.
Most of the ppl on this forum said that boating mare is "GOOD" because it is the risk of using mare for pvp. I can agree that because I am not a pvper. (arrh, I am kind of selfish.)
But I can't agree that riding a mare OR farming with a mare also have to bear the risk of losing a mare. it does take lots of time to farm for the ransom...:\

AlphaN3rd

Wanderer

They should put in pet summoning balls as a donation item, $2 per charge.

Kirin

Wanderer

Bobby McPrescott said:
Mares are a lot stronger then a vanq weapon.

Tamers need consequences for dying.

1.0 stat loss on magery and resist not enough? It takes a whole week to train those skills back up. Why are you people so selfish?

I like the idea of summoning ball!!!

Kirin said:
1.0 stat loss on magery and resist not enough? It takes a whole week to train those skills back up. Why are you people so selfish?

I like the idea of summoning ball!!!

Yes.. because a mare with 99.0 in each skill sucks.

Get real. Even an untrained mare is far better than a vanq.

Gary HK

Sorceror

Suil Ban said:
lol if a bunch of naked red guys pop through a gate with fs precasted, you may wanna realize that they're there to townkill someone.

USE COMMON SENSE.

when you are talking with someone and riding a mare, then a tons of red suddenly "rush" to you and cast FS on you. Is it possible to "unmount, say stable, target 1 mare, say stable again, target another mare" before you die?

USE COMMON SENSE.

Bobby McPrescott said:

I bought two fresh low skilled mares to tool on with on my red tamer pvper, and it still rocked everyone.

ANTI ABORTION said:
Bobby McPrescott said:

I bought two fresh low skilled mares to tool on with on my red tamer pvper, and it still rocked everyone.

Exactly my point..

Even freshly tamed, completely untrained mares are still good.

PlasticAngel

Wanderer

Darkwind said:
when you are talking with someone and riding a mare, then a tons of red suddenly "rush" to you and cast FS on you. Is it possible to "unmount, say stable, target 1 mare, say stable again, target another mare" before you die?

USE COMMON SENSE.

Amen

PlasticAngel

Wanderer

Bobby McPrescott said:
ANTI ABORTION said:
Exactly my point..

Even freshly tamed, completely untrained mares are still good.

Uh Huh, and they sometimes lure 'NOT well trained bonded mares' to the boat anyway for some fun times and money. I heard some fools are paying 400k for a freshly tamed mare. Remember that mares aren't easy to tame these days.

Maybe some people make good business with collecting mare ransom money and don't want that profit line to be disturbed.

trnr

Wanderer

I may understand people suffering some sort of consequence for PK'ing with their mares. I, however, never use my mare for that or take it anywhere I will die. The other night in town though, several people (who know who they are and have posted in this thread) killed me in town and boated my mare. I know that this isn't possible now unless they gank you, die, and have another person to lure it off. Of course, this will only work if NPC's are not close by. They will always find some way around the way things work. I followed and got my mare back, but from what I hear not everyone was so lucky. :D

Edit: I voted for it to be illegal. Just kill the mare after you kill the person if that's what you want to do. They'll have to get rezed and rez their pet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.