UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Small Changes

M

Mark

Small Changes

GM Anatomy and GM Evaluating Intelligence will now give 100 virtual wrestling instead of 110.

Pets will have a 1 in 14 chance to Flamestrike at 90 magery. This should help break down the wall many of you have been stuck at while training your pets.

The damage and protection offered by weapons and armor will now be scaled by their durability (current durability can be found by using the arms lore skill). Fully repaired weapons and armor will now be much stronger, but poorly maintained equipment will be of little use. Additionally, weapons and armor will not wear out as quickly, but will lose a small amount of maximum durability after each repair.

These changes will be effective after server wars tonight.

M

Mark

The 12.5% chance was from pets with 100 magery. Its slightly higher than 12.5% now because of this change.

M

Mark

Italian Stallion said:
is the wrestling thing what we voted on a "long ass" time ago?

Yes, but it wasn't a very high priority (its impact will be minimal).

blue_drac

Wanderer
Mark said:
The damage and protection offered by weapons and armor will now be scaled by their durability (current durability can be found by using the arms lore skill). Fully repaired weapons and armor will now be much stronger, but poorly maintained equipment will be of little use. Additionally, weapons and armor will not wear out as quickly, but will lose a small amount of maximum durability after each repair.
So, eventually, unless magically "indestructable," all used, repaired, and re-used items will break. Hmm. I like. More like it would really happen, and it's a sort of ... item sink, although not sure exactly what effect it would have. In short, good call! The other changes do not affect me much, as I don't duel or tame. Thanks for your hard work.

P.S. : How's the back? What was the surgery? Partial laminectomy? Disk fusion? What level, cervical, lumbar, or saacral?

I just want to clarify something because I'm rather confused by this.

GM evaluate intelligence and GM anatomy = 100 wrestling (after wars tonight).

So more or less, you can ditch the actual wrestling skill freeing up another slot, assuming you have GM eval and GM anatomy...

What I'm trying to say is, player A with GM eval/GM ana/GM wrestling has NO ADVANTAGE AT ALL over player B with GM eval/GM ana.

Am I right?

M

Mark

It's called defensive wrestling because it only helps you defend against a melee attack, not deliver one. You cannot stun or disarm another player with defensive wrestling.

Just thought I'd add my thoughts here real quick...

Anyone who is involved with the staff: Good job, keep up the good work. And I commend all of you for making posts here on forums regarding future changes, and letting the players vote for what they want. That's definitely a great advantage to playing here, you can voice your opinion... vs OSI where they just change it and you have no idea what's going on... All in all, good work. Keep it real. :cool:

Nadir-hybrid

Wanderer
Why would anyone need wrestling ability in a mage template if they can get 100 wrestling from having 100 anat and eval?

-Confused newb.

100 anat and 100 eval only gives defensive wrestling. With the wrestling skill, you can punch the opponent to disrupt his/her spells. Also, with both wrestling and anatomy, you can do a stun punch.

I play a mage too and all, but I really wouldn't bitch. It shouldn't have been at 110 to begin with, since there's no powerscrolls or anything to even it out on the dexxor side. This just makes things slightly fairer. Mages still have a good edge.