UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Speaking English...Do You?

Can you speak and type legible English?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yaes ey i canne! Dmize chard! Helping you as set us up the bomb!

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • peck peck

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Bost

Wanderer
Speaking English...Do You?

Judging from recent posts, I have posed a question for the community of Demise:

How many of you can speak and type legible English?

Educated estimates suspect only a rough 20%.

Bost said:
Judging from recent posts, I have posed a question for the community of Demise:

How many of you can speak and type legible English?

Educated estimates suspect only a rough 20%.

It's ironic that you are posting this because the way you use "legible" lends one to think that you don't understand it's meaning completely or its use.

Bost

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
It's ironic that you are posting this because the way you use "legible" lends one to think that you don't understand it's meaning completely or its use.

Hm, perhaps Dev, OR maybe I mean it in the correct form being:

leg·i·ble
adj.

1. Possible to read or decipher: legible handwriting.
2. Plainly discernible; apparent: legible weaknesses in character and disposition.

Which, leads one to think that I do not understand "chicken-scratch" English; written or spoken, for that matter.

Bost

Wanderer
See also: Example

StegcO said:
to make so easy money, tou create a pg:

50 tailor
50 blacksmih

you go to Delucia [Felucca] and gain 100 mining

now you can:

give BOD to vendor and gain circa 600 gp
selling iron ingot at circa 8gp (or gain 100 blacksmith)

with this money you buy item to gain tialoring to 100 and make an'armour for your pvm, with blacksmith if it is a war

now you have

100 black
100 tialor
100 mining

item for newbie pvm

now yor BOD are so rich and you begin to make pvm :D

tmi15

Wanderer
I have no problem understanding most of the ppl's post here, if they speak english. Even they don't write sentences in proper grammer or spelling, it's not that hard to understand what they are trying to say.

And according to my dictionary (it's English -> Japanese dictionary), legible means something like your hand writing is readable. So probably the way you used is wrong like TheOutKastDec said.

I'm not really sure, cuz I just learnt that word. But thanks for help me to learn a new vacaburary. :D

Bost

Wanderer
Entry: legible
Function: adjective
Definition: readable
Synonyms: clear, coherent, decipherable, distinct, easily read, intelligible, lucid, neat, plain, readable, sharp, understandable

"...or type legible English?"

Refer to: Thesaurus reference above

I used "legible" correctly in my statement. Also, this whole thread was a bit of a joke, not meant to be taken too seriously or to spark someone's anal-retentiveness.

Good job on learning a new word Ellusion. ;]

Elf

Sorceror
I can correctly spell the words "you" and "you're", because I finished fourth grade. Do I fall into the 20% category?

Digital

Wanderer
A lot of the people here can speak and type in english. But they butcher it with spelling and grammar errors.