UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Staff Apps & more

A

ASayre

Staff Apps & more

A while ago, I posted on the main site that there'd be some changes. most of those have been behind the scenes in the way staff is setup. Phase 2 of this is introducing some new staff members. But to find 'em, we needed a staff app. So, a staff app is now up and running and located at http://uodemise.com/staffapp.html . If you're interested, please fill that out.

If you read the staff app, you notice that we're asking for both assistance staff (counselors) and event staff (seers). We're changing the staff hierarchy around a bit too for two 'paths' one can take as staff.

Level 1: all staff, be it they're aiming for seer or Couns, starts off at Apprentice Seer. It's kin to a 'trial period' where the logs are more closely scrutinized, and we're seeing how you act in the field.

From there, it splits off into two divsions. Assistance and Event.

Level 2 Assistance: These are the bright skittle-colored blue robed Counselors. These will eventually become the majority of staff on the shard, it's a respected position in and of itself, and not a level 'on the path to GM' or what not.

Level 2 Event: Apprentice seers, these are people who have shown an aptitude towards all things events, especially RP/quests and such. They're 'actors' in Events/Quests, assiting the seers, and, they submit ideas to the higher staff for events/quests they want to see happen.

Level 3 Assistance: Senior Couns. These are couns who go above and beyond the call of duty, have been around for a long time, and know everything about UO and pages and howto answer them. They not only help the normal couns with questions they have, but also look for the apprentice and normal counselors that do either good or bad So either promotion or disciplinary actions can be taken.

Level 3 Event: Seers. These run events/quests and the like, and can also write their own. These people are imaginative & show a creative spark.

From there, the hierarchy convenes again into one path.

Level 4: GMs. These keep a watchful eye over all the other staff, helping them when needbe, generally looking out for the shard and the people below.

(possible level 5 but role and name and such undecided)

Level 6: Admins. Duh. They're admins.

Level 7: The RunUO Devs, but, since I'm the only RunUO dev that actually has a staff account on the shard and all the other devs seem to hate Anything AoS and after, that'd basically be me, Asayre ;) I can always be reached at -> ASayre (AT) uodemise [DOT] com.

That's pretty much that for now. Stay tuned, and have a happy Monday. (Joy. {not})

*Paranoid mode:*

Say...the info we give out are secure right? only you can read it right?..(the part about acount names...thats what worries me....duh... I am paranoid... )

Oh, and lvl 5, name suggestion: Head GMs, or Master GMs.
(kinda like department heads...)

A

ASayre

Yes yes, it's only admins that can see it, but, the staff app is down cause I fubared something up when trying to do it at 2AM last night so I'mana be fixning it once I get back from class.

Thanks for the info...so you, Psz, and Ryan can see it... okie.. I am fine with that.

(*and here I am, filling it out... almost ready to click the submit button...hehehe* guess I will get back to it after class too )

A

ASayre

It's all fixed and happy now. VERY stupid mistake on my part when typing in some of the stuff.

But, It's basically sent to myself right now cause as yall know I'm lazy and don't want to both with a auto-forwarder to a number of people. But, the staff apps that are deemed favorable will be sent to any other admins that want 'em if they want to filter through it ;P

Sharper

Wanderer
The Mysterious Stranger said:
errrr they don't always need the www....

They do when the dns entry for something.com is different than the www.something.com. I just saw the link at the main page, and it has the www. I was referring to the one on this post. Try clicking it, and see if it works. Then, add the www. :D

A

ASayre

The first batch of Phase 2 acceptance for interview emails have been sent out!

If you didn't get one, don't despair, I'm still saving/archiving all the staff apps so that if we do need more, thre's still some to draw from!

Sharper

Wanderer
Will there be events? If so, what kind? :D

I know there were regular events on hybrid, and people seemed to enjoy that a lot. I never participated, couse when I finally finished my template, I discovered it was a T2A shard :mad:

Roger-hybrid

Wanderer
okay someone might want to introduce themselves otherwise i'm bustin some heads together *goes to grab the melon to launch at ASayre* hi :D

Drull-demise

Wanderer
Heh, It's toobad this wasn't around sooner, when I was interested :p

Those who know me (and most of you don't), know that I've pretty much been staffing player run shards since 1998, solid. I'm the best thing to hit the UO scene.. EVAR!

Ah, just tooting my own horn a bit. Heheh :)

Bob =P

Wanderer
What did happen ?
I don't get to enroll, complete everything and when I will send of the mistake.

Does anybody help me?

Well dern. I did not see that you were no longer accepting apps.

Heh had it all filled out and everything. If you guys start it back up, msg me.
Randy

guy489

Wanderer
you guys sound organized thats the best way to do it i use to be a game master on starship alexia about two years ago i left them for the fact they wernt organized
i felt like i did all the work which was creating spawns by osi i did a great job but no one ever got on the server so i waited and waited months and still no one after i left they ended up closing down..but as i was saying i might apply for something councler job if you still aloud to play