UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Starting a role playing comunity II

Merberol

Wanderer
Starting a role playing comunity II

now we are a few who is intrested in rp here ... and we talk about a rp komunity .. we have lots of diferent ideas ...

if we truly wanto get this of the ground we need to work with it together .. if i start one town .. you another and he a third they all will perish due to inaktivity .. how ever if i make one guild .. you another and he a third and we together make a rp komunity .. then we have a good thing going .

if you agree with this you might then agree that we ( all whi is intrested in roleplaying in a komunity with multible guilds akting and roleplaying together and against each other .. ) need to talk pref in a multible Im chat of some sort .

i say we are done talking about maybe doing something lets do this .. we aint getting younger boys and girls .

/ Llorian

dead-eye

Knight
ur about two weeks too late we have one in yew and another starting but i cant say anymore about htat due to there wishes.

but we have like 3 guilds who all live in yew and roleplay so u might want to check that out. one of the threads got moved to the lich room due to flamming.

Merberol

Wanderer
if we are welcome ( my mage guild ) we would gladly join any existing mage guild threre allready is or form one if none exist .

if one exist could you point me towards the guild leader

ive read the posts in the lich room ..

and with the rules about magery you had posted there i wont join .. and none mage with self respekt would accept those terms... its youst rediculously #%&@!? !@$%¤&#... ( fill in what you want )

zardd

Sorceror
Ahoy,

I would like to say that th' mage rules ye have set in that other thread be abit over th' top and there may as well be no mage guild at all.
be ye trying to drive people away from yer community?

The fees aren't nice. What if I just want to hang out and actually do some real roleplaying? I don't see much roleplaying action in hunting monsters for gold. If I were to join an RP guild, it would be for roleplaying, not for paying fees.

zardd

Sorceror
well ye scurvy dog,

I would be allowing people to use th' full petential o' th' game to create a character that be still within th' guide lines o' th' guild they join.
*Be evil / good / dumb / smart - character guide lines. - orcs are a good example.
*Wear certain coloured armour or cloths no restrictions should be put on characters skill or item wise so long as they are in there guild colours and play the part.
*I dont know a RPG of any kind where there are not magical armour, or enchanted items per say hence no ar restrictions.

Ye being a small community and ye can not be making such rules because it will drive people away!
Why would a mage want to join a community that only allows them to use 30% o' there characters abilities?

It be rather rediculas i think ye dislike magery and hold a grudge against those that practice th' art.

Th' only thing a roleplaying community needs to start off with is to be forcing people to be speaking in there characters personallity.
Later th' community as awhole can agree on rules and things that can and can not be done.

To be putting it simple if th' grub dont look good there be less chance someone be going to eat it.
And for a mage that rule looks like 2 month barnacle-covered milk.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
well as far as i know there is no mage guild currently your welcome to make one as far as the mage rules i say i really dont care what spells you use but i would like to see you use the other rules like no magic attrubites and all the other good stuff. Im also part of the YEW guild but yea id like to see you join :D

zardd

Sorceror
I be not a mage but i be knowin' if i had th' time to join and become part th' roleplaying community th' rules set in place to restrict peoples fun would make me not want to join.

Why are these rules in place just so everyone knows because i mean ye will be destroying th' fun for some people.
I just want to be knowin' why rules like this be even considered!

I'd rather adapt me role playing to a game not adapt th' game to me roleplaying.
If th' items be there ye me as well be using them.

As i mentioned th' only rule ye be needin along these lines: speak in character unless ye ooc before talking and abide by yer guilds uniform..
Restrictions on armour and items be silly.

Merberol

Wanderer
hmm Thou hast mistaken me for some other deranged mad man ..
I would never dare try to restrict the magickal art ..
And i have travled down the dark road of item restriction and found it wanting thus i agree with thee to the fullest of my heart, if ye can make buy or find it within the world of sosaria ye may wear it to the exent of yer heart .
as for the fee. I am not less of a man to Bow to superior will.. here by all fees to the House of Unity is to be no more.

Now this is how ever not the Place to diskuss one individual Guild but to diskus the founding of towns ..

( ooc I do not kondone nor do i suport the notion of a rp town or society with limits to skills, equipment or magical knowlege and i feal that doing this not only makes a great rift betwen the roleplaying comunity and the non roleplayers i also feal the by restriktigt items you make the smith skill less that it is and you favor melee fighter before mages .

last there is a reson why i am not playing an UO R server but an OSI clone .. and it is becourse i feal it is more fun . more rewarding and more like a fantasy world now .. i accually tried to play on a our shard before i came to demise . and i got bored sensless .. now . pleace read this over one more time so that you get the message ...

I am not going to restrikt the equipment of any member of my guild.

the dress code will most likly be for cermonial purposes only . in other words a member of the guild may wear what ever he wishes exept on guild sermonial funktions this sermonial garb will consist of a mages robe and a mages hat and maybe a cloak .. the exakt colors is yet to be desided.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
pretty much ill put it simply i think the reason for retrictions is so that when a guild does goes to war by cahnce that some ppl who are extremyly rich and r wearing arty suits dont just masacre the ppl who really cant afford it mabey we can have all crafted items and items monster can drop but i think letting tot's marty, and artys in to it just really takes the fun out of it.

as far as power scrolls im really dont know to say about them we could have them or we couldent they dont make much diffrence.

Merberol

Wanderer
you know free democrasy where all is equal and none parasites upon another is an utopia that does not exist ... there will always be those that is tronger smarter richer and more fortunate ....

evem more so was it in the dark ages where you drew examples from saying that there were no magic and no magical things so there for none shuld be in the komunity ...

well do you want reality take a look in new orleans ..... or thailand ... or any other place on this world where the true reality of this world kan be shown in terrible clarity ,,,

i youst wanto play roleplaying games on a free server ...
not mimic reality

WarriorMan

Wanderer
yea but with all the rich ppl running around in arty suits how many new players and or poor player do you think want to join a guild and get sluaghterd by the other guys

PraWN

Wanderer
Roleplaying is about roleplaying, not winning battles... Who cares if it's unfair, as long as your having fun! :)

Merberol

Wanderer
if youre weaker then yield ... if this a rpg battle then that option shuld be there .. Yeild and live maybe a good deal poorer then before .. but alive .. or fight and risk dying ,, you wanto rp real life .. well real life is like this .. only a good minority is strong in the world ,, but these is so strong that they rule the weaker ..

that is why the weaker band together and starts guilds ... so that they may become strong ...

uo is the same . there are those who have masterd the ways of killing .. and those you havent .. those who havent band together to get strength in numbers .

i have seen one good pk kill of a few rpg players .. only to face the ten other member of the same guild .. and being forced to run ..

you make your own shanses..

and by restriktigt the game you potensially take away some of these chanses from others .. and if you meet up with a foe that is stronger then you be happy if he is a role player .. that meens you might be able to bribe him to let you live ...

dead-eye

Knight
yes well we are about roleplaying with some pvp onvolved with warring guilds.

our enemies.

but we have guidlines as to not allow things to go out of hand.

im fine with all the spells but i feel that there shold be no magic items like runics or rings ect ect.

we had a small community before htta with the same rules and it ended up getting out of hand. the only thing i feel that should be allowed is crafted items without runics.

any material and any weapon just no runics or magical items such as tots ect ect

thats the way it is now so we are working on the rules a bit more.

Merberol

Wanderer
you still need to explain why no runics .. things get out of hand .. how .why .. it still sounds like a bad exuse to get rid of elements that might give an edge in battle to the one who works hard ..

dead-eye

Knight
i have runic kits. i have 3 dull copper runic hammers. i ahve a bunch of crap like that, i still restrict it because in the time this game is supposed to be based a sword was a sword it didnt have properties.

PraWN

Wanderer
Tell me... If this game is set in the middle ages, then why did the makers implement magery and things of that nature? As someone else said: "It's because this isn't a game set in the middle ages... It's a game set in today's Sosaria."