UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stats for a thief

Stats for a thief

What stats should i give to my thief? and does dex affect any of the thief skills such as snoop stealing stealth etc..?

PraWN

Wanderer
Re: Stats for a thief

I don't think Dexterity effects any of those skills... What's your template?

Well right now i was going for

Stealing
Stealth
Hiding
Arms Lore
Wrestling
Magery
Snooping

But i guess i could hide with magery and stealth right away without having to wait to use another skill, so ill get anatomy instead of hiding

PraWN

Wanderer

Ok, 100 Strength is a must for that template because your probably going to take a bit of punishment whilst trying to escape... In my opinion I think you should have Dexterity as high as possible without damaging your Magery capabilities due to low Intelligence, so something along the lines of 65 Dexterity and 60 Intelligence? Mix those up a bit and see what best suits you :)

Jam-hybrid

Knight

I heard that if you have higher dex than those you're trying to steal from you'll have a higher chance of not getting noticed and guard wacked.

Jam said:
I heard that if you have higher dex than those you're trying to steal from you'll have a higher chance of not getting noticed and guard wacked.
I've played at 100dex and at 25 dex, I haven't seen a difference. I still get guard wacked just as often.

The key to avoid getting wacked is to stay away from the npcs. They will catch you nearly 80% of the time, or so it seems. All you need is 10 or 12 tiles between your victim and an npc to steal "safely". Safely meaning you won't get the guaranteed guard wack from the npc, your victim on the other hand..

HellHalo

Wanderer

Roedrog said:
But i guess i could hide with magery and stealth right away without having to wait to use another skill ,so ill get anatomy instead of hiding

You need at least 80 hiding in order to gain stealth.

Naw, ive gmed stealth while having my mage cast invisiblility on me every 10 seconds, thats how i gmed stealth. But i dont know about dropping hiding for anat anymore, i havent done it yet, u dont stay hidden for long just by casting invis :/

Yea... well ive almost 7xgmed him now(arms lore and snooping at 99) , ill see how it goes with hiding, but i will consider anat for it tho. Btw since nobody answered my post, what spells do i make at 73 inscribe?

PraWN

Wanderer

The cheapest way would be to make scrolls that require the least reagents to make, with about 80-90% success rate... The quickest way would be to make scrolls that require the least mana to make, with about 70-80% success rate

For the cheapest way, what spells would that be? i was planning on making gate travels till 75 then gm with summon air elemental....

PraWN

Wanderer

Did you even read what I just posted? You asked a question from an answer which answered that question... If you get me... :)

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer

100 str

This is for taking a dump and being able to run still.

70 dex

You will need the dex so you can use bandages quick.

55 int

Enough for gating and about 4-5 GHeals.

PraWN

Wanderer

Maybe you read Healing instead of Stealing? Anyway, it doesn't matter because you suggested the same stats as I did :)