UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stop being retarded, Demise!

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror
Re: Stop being retarded, Demise!

If k is a variable, so is ¶ and blue², so now I want 2¶blueÞ frenzied ostards....
No, k is a multiplier for thousand, while M is for a million.

Why make it harder for you, writing "kk" that requires two key strokes when one "M" would be sufficient. It's like saying no instead of yes, just because it has fewer letters....
Here is a simple lesson for you:
http://www.nanotech-now.com/metric-prefix-table.htm

Yofer

Wanderer

If you don't like how people use kk then stop using it yourself and tell others. If people stopped seeing others using kk they would stop doing it themselves. When I came here I started with 1m 2m etc but everyone uses kk so I converted too.

Everyone in here without an asperger's diagnosis needs to see a doctor. The rest of you, continue on spergin'.

[Demise]Yung;641328 said:

Useful info there, Yung.

I think I prefer using dadadadadada to signify 1 million. I might even throw in some Gn (which cancel each other out) as in:

I bid 2GnGnGnGnGnGnGnGnGnGnGnGndadadadadada . That makes about as much sense as kk

P.S. I also notice that people tend to use "m" (micro) instead of "M" (mega). I guess when I win an item for 3m, I should give the seller one gp and tell them to keep the change, huh?

Yofer

Wanderer

I'd like to add that the minimum post requirement is 3 letters, thus something like 2m is too short, while 2kk isn't.

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

Wikipedia said:
The names of multiples and submultiples are formed with prefixes. They include deca- (ten), hecto- (hundred), kilo- (thousand), mega- (million), and giga- (billion); deci- (tenth), centi- (hundredth), milli- (thousandth), micro- (millionth), and nano- (billionth). The most commonly used prefixes for multiples depend on the application and sometimes tradition. For example, long distances are stated in thousands of kilometres, not megametres.
when i first came to this server i have never heard of kk,
and was wondering a price of an arty, so i asked a guy
guy:10kk
me:10k??? omg!
guy:no 10kk
me:what??
guy:not 10k its 10kk
me:wtf?
guy:10kk=1000k
me:hmmmmm

well, we should just return to using Ms from now on
everyone else will catch up

also there is no such thing as kk means 1mil in anywhere,
any player dumb enough not to understand that 1m means 1kk shouldnt be using computers anyway...

kk

1. (Internet slang) Okay okay; indicates that no further explanation is necessary for a subject, or that the message was understood and will be acted upon without further confirmation.

1. (Internet slang) Okay cool; a shortened response usually used at the end of a conversation.

surgat

Wanderer

stop caring, or use 10^6 instead
and dont forget to keep the significant digits when using it.

dead-eye

Knight

Howl;641079 said:
Say M or Mgp instead of kk, which makes hardly any fucking sense.

completely agree, always hated that. Anyone with half a brain would know kk doesnt make sence.

surgat

Wanderer

and "mil" wouldnt make sense for us Brazilians. In portuguese mil = thousand. So why the fuck would I use that instead of kk? kk is easier because i dont have to use shift :p

Would it be better if we wrote grandgrand instead of kk?

surgat;641773 said:
and "mil" wouldnt make sense for us Brazilians. In portuguese mil = thousand. So why the fuck would I use that instead of kk? kk is easier because i dont have to use shift :p
Them just use "m;" I'd still consider it acceptable, since we can't trade 1/1000th of a coin.

surgat;641773 said:
Would it be better if we wrote grandgrand instead of kk?
Yes, that would be better. Seriously.

Conan22

Page

I don't see any problem with it, really.

"kk" is imo just a internet convention, like "lol", "noob" etc.

If "kk" is mathematically wrong or not, does not matter.

Phelon

Knight

Nottheking;641806 said:
Them just use "m;" I'd still consider it acceptable, since we can't trade 1/1000th of a coin.

Yes, that would be better. Seriously.

I've been using "m" for a while now. If anyone doesn't like it, I don't care.

Conan22;641809 said:
"kk" is imo just a internet convention,
...Except that it's not. It's just outright poor language. On other shards you won't even see "kk." Such as on all OSI shards. They say things like "M" or "mil" or "million."

It's a "convention" almost entirely unique to Demise, due to, as I explained before, a group of Chinese players with apparently little to know knowledge in numbers, let alone English.

Phelon;641819 said:
I've been using "m" for a while now. If anyone doesn't like it, I don't care.
Well, I'm normally not picky too much about capitalization. So basically, I treat it the same as the first letter of a sentence; it's supposed to be capitalized, but it's still readily understandable without it.