UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stopping the World new player quest

Snails

Wanderer
Behavior on Demise:
When you approach Gustar the Meditation Instructor to turn the quest in, you get a dialogue string from another new player quest (Defying the Arcane).

This is what you get:

You have successfully begun your journey in becoming a true master of Magery. On behalf of the New Haven Mage Council I wish to present you with this bracelet. When worn, the Bracelet of Resilience will enhance your resistances vs. the elements, physical, and poison harm. The Bracelet of Resilience also magically enhances your ability to fend off ranged and melee attacks. I hope it serves you well.

This is what you should get:

Splendid! On behalf of the New Haven Mage Council I wish to present you with this hat. When worn, the Philosopher's Hat will protect you somewhat from physical attacks. The Philosopher's Hat also enhances the potency of your offensive spells, lowers the mana cost of your arcane spells and abilities, and passively increases your mana regeneration rate. Ah yes, I almost forgot. The Philosopher's Hat also grants one other special ability to its wearer. It allows a chance for the wearer to cast spells without usinf any reagents. I hope the Philosopher's Hat serves you well.

Pressing 'Continue' opens up a gump saying you're about to get the wrong reward too (Bracelet of Resilience), but in the end you don't (you get the hat).

I don't know if turning in Defying the Arcane yields conclusion monologue from Stopping the World or this confusion is one-way only. I haven't completed it yet.

Behavior on osi:
The text you get there is probably the right one. :)

Supporting Documentation (URLs):
http://www.uoguide.com/Stopping_the_World
http://www.uoguide.com/Defying_the_Arcane

marcusstone

Sorceror
I am sure this is probably just an overlooked XML quest error. Probably whomever implemented the quest was using the NPC for Defying the Arcane as a template. There is another quest in new haven that is messed up too, although I can't remember which one. I will try to log tonight and add that one to this thread, maybe a gm can fix both at once.