UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stuck on Verifying Account...

UO User

Sorceror
I have tried all sorts to try and get UO to start. I've downloaded the newest version of UO but when I try to start it with razor I cannot get past the verifying Account screen.

I can access my EA account but I am unable to connect to any free shard.

has anyone else had this problem and if so what was your solution for getting past the Verifying Account screen.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Make sure "Patch client encryption" is checked in the welcome screen. (And "Use OSI Encryption" unchecked.)

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Being firewalled from the server would also do this. Have you tried some other freeshards?

UO User

Sorceror
Today I took my laptop through to a friends house to see if he could sort it out. But I was able to connect using his internet connection. I can also connect using McDonalds free wifi and I can connect using my phone as a mobile wifi hotspot. So the problem has something to do with my home IP address. Is it possible that this could have been blocked??

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Your IP is most likely blocked from the server then, yes. You should contact an administrator of the server to check it out. (Is it a UOGamers server?)

AstroCreep1369

Wanderer
I am having the exact same issue on my freeshard. I was using UO fine and then it didn't work anymore. After contacting my admin he let me know that he was seeing nothing on his end as in me trying to log on or anything so the issue must be on our end. I have also checked everything (firewall, settings etc.) and the only thing I can figure that has changed is I am running Windows 10. If you too are running Win10 then that may be our problem...

UO User

Sorceror
After having a look into this it is my IP address that is blocked. It is listed on quite a few spam blocking servers and has been flagged for spamming. I've been in touch with my ISP who say that my IP lease time ends on Saturday (5th Sept) but looking at my speedtest.net logs I have only had 4 IP addresses in 10 years so might be lucky and get a new one.

Is there any way to check and see if my IP address (I am posting this from work so it will not be my home IP address) is on any of your blocked lists.

My inability to connect started over a month ago at this time my IP address had changed. I have not altered anything on either mine or my sons PC or my laptop. I am able to connect if I go to a friends house, connect through my phones wireless connection or any free wifi hotspots so I am 100% certain it's down to IP address being blocked. Can I PM any of the razor team/admin to have a look into this. I can message you the effected IP address.

GM Francis

Ex Hybrid Taskmaster
Yes you're welcome to pm the affected ip to shino or myself (or both) and one of us will check it out.