UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Suggestion] Stop Banksitting, let's play.

Sergio.R

Wanderer
Hi everybody, I want suggest something so discussed, I know this server is based on 15/16 publish, but I see lots of new add ons, like hybrid mares, hybrid dragons, monthly monster.. etc. I recently noticed a drop in player activity, halloween’s month is almost done and tamers are going to bank sitting, I’ve been playing in this server for 31 days exactly, all of them did something, actually I have a GM tamer, GM crafter(tailor, tinker, carpenter, blacksmith) and an acceptable Faction-pk. In my humble opinion we need to refresh the image and gameplay of forgotten classes.
We have no change to kill some paragon monsters by our selves and team play has been loss, i didn´t see people purposing to do a Champ (I'm on a big Guild allied till few days ago with 3 big guilds majoritarily tamer), or to go kill some blue souls..

Explained that:
I purpose change the pet system (It is not racional that slots used by a beettle are the same as a dragon, or a dragon the same as a white wyrm, a ki-rin the same a a nightmare), maybe in addition or replacement add Evo pets(very balanced, i don´t want to offend the purists sensibility, not necesary to be dragon or mares)
add new pets +100 taming, that will promote people to do champs and get legendary skill scrolls(the most banksitter will move his/her Self to train and play) (pks have ppl to fight)(example: shadow wyrms, ancient drags.. etc transform them to tamables)

– To promote Champs using special rewards

– We see lots of cloths moving in our economy, if you are a bit observer, the majority stuff is related with 2003-2012.
i love fighting at duel tournaments to get 1st place and get a sandals hued, stop Buying/Selling old shit. Let’s create a new economy together.

Please, be constructive, I don´t want play pokemon, want create the possibility of playing a game for everybody. If we want to preserve this game we can't be purists

spooj

Sorceror
Hi everybody, I want suggest something so discussed, I know this server is based on 15/16 publish, but I see lots of new add ons, like hybrid mares, hybrid dragons, monthly monster.. etc. I recently noticed a drop in player activity, halloween’s month is almost done and tamers are going to bank sitting, I’ve been playing in this server for 31 days exactly, all of them did something, actually I have a GM tamer, GM crafter(tailor, tinker, carpenter, blacksmith) and an acceptable Faction-pk. In my humble opinion we need to refresh the image and gameplay of forgotten classes.
We have no change to kill some paragon monsters by our selves and team play has been loss, i didn´t see people purposing to do a Champ (I'm on a big Guild allied till few days ago with 3 big guilds majoritarily tamer), or to go kill some blue souls..

Explained that:
I purpose change the pet system (It is not racional that slots used by a beettle are the same as a dragon, or a dragon the same as a white wyrm, a ki-rin the same a a nightmare), maybe in addition or replacement add Evo pets(very balanced, i don´t want to offend the purists sensibility, not necesary to be dragon or mares)
add new pets +100 taming, that will promote people to do champs and get legendary skill scrolls(the most banksitter will move his/her Self to train and play) (pks have ppl to fight)(example: shadow wyrms, ancient drags.. etc transform them to tamables)

– To promote Champs using special rewards

– We see lots of cloths moving in our economy, if you are a bit observer, the majority stuff is related with 2003-2012.
i love fighting at duel tournaments to get 1st place and get a sandals hued, stop Buying/Selling old shit. Let’s create a new economy together.

Please, be constructive, I don´t want play pokemon, want create the possibility of playing a game for everybody. If we want to preserve this game we can't be purists
Hello. You have brought up some interesting suggestions here for the shard, thanks for putting thought into these.

First let me preface my response by noting that indeed you have been playing 31 days... I am responding to you as a player on Hybrid for 10+ years (a lot of players are this old around here), so think about your audience here. Also understand that pretty much all of your ideas have been heavily considered by players and GMs alike.

I think it is a general consensus that the majority playerbase in Hybrid plays for the PvP aspect. Granted, the taming, crafting, economy, poker, l337 trammie clothes all exist, they all sort of facilitate the PvP aspect of Hybrid. So, the most important thing GMs consider when they make a significant change is how it will affect the balance of PvP. You bring up changing the pet system, pet slots, legendary scrolls, evo pets - these all sound great in theory but every single aspect and skill of PvP down to that last skillpoint on Hybrid has been arduously considered and tweaked over a long period of time down to the last single damage point. When you make a huge change like the ones you suggest they will throw all of this carefully considered balance. And actually, as you play on here longer, you will notice that things like the slots used by certain pets are rational and sensible, as are most mechanics on the server.

So, I totally agree that it would be cool to have these new features. But keep in mind this PvP limitation (perhaps we can have Evo pets that are non-pvp only, but then that even creates a whole other slew of problems, coding and practical. Maybe we can do other legendary scrolls - but none that effect PvP skills unless balanced).

Also you have mentioned that the economy trades many old items, and you bring this up as a criticism. This is actually why the economy revolves around these items- they are old and hard to get. If the GMs just started rapidly creating one of a kinds and l337 rares that are easy to get, it would mess up the economy (which I actually believe is a very good one when you consider the state of other games' economies).

I also completely agree that the October paragon events have been extremely successful in promoting more dungeon PvP - and would love to see other events like it (tweaks to promote general exploration of the world, boating, map/treasure, MiB, etc.).

So here is my personal input on your suggestions... Thanks again for your remarks.