UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 518] Herding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilde

Page
Re: [READY-TC] Herding

I.P.Knightly;614762 said:
If you can tame it you can herd it. Paragon mobiles can not be tamed so they should not be able to be herded.

That I couldn't herd the para AW makes sense. It should be tested if paragon dragons or other "tamable" paragons can be herded. I just didn't find any last night when I was testing this and no GM was online to spawn one for me.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Herding

Coulda, shoulda, woulda ... the only question is: can they be herded on OSI?

Hilde

Page

How about paragon creatures at Ilshenar champ spawns? You can't tame a shadow wisp, but if it's in the Oaks Spawn you can herd it, no matter if paragon or not.

EDIT: removed the gender specific question as it was answered in a deleted post. -> It does not matter what gender your char is for creatures like unicorn or ki-rin.

Athena

Account Terminated

I.P.Knightly;614973 said:
But if you want to make things on Demise like OSI
If you can tame it you can herd it
If you can herd it you can tame it
If you can not tame it you can not herd it
If you can not herd it you can not tame it

I need something clarified, if you don't mind, by your statement above shouldn't that mean that you cannot herd spawn that is part of a champion spawn because they are not tamable? Or can you tame them on OSI?

You put in your original findings

"So the author's statement Other Ilshenar spawns and Tokuno can be neither tamed nor herded.) is false in that you can herd mobs that are part of the spawn."

I want this clarified for the person coding it.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Try again, that BS is not helpful here - so check the attitude at the door; my delete button wont wear out anytime soon. And, IMO these are perfectly valid questions that need to be answered with a specific answer for the specific conditions.

Athena

Account Terminated

I.P.Knightly;615866 said:
Hilde Wrote:
How about paragon creatures at Ilshenar champ spawns? You can't tame a shadow wisp, but if it's in the Oaks Spawn you can herd it, no matter if paragon or not.

If you can herd a shadow wisp paragon or not there is a problem.A shadow wisp is not a tamable thing so it can not be herded.I know you can not do this on Demise or OSI.Are you doing this on TC? If you are doing this on TC I think TC needs to be looked at a little closer.Running tests on something that is wrong is not a good test.If not on Demise,OSI or TC where did you do this?If you are running tests on anything other than those 3 places you are wasting peoples time.

When Hilde refers to the TC, he means the TC Demise now has ( http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124698 ). The whole point of Demise's test center, that we set up, is to test code BEFORE it goes into the SVN and on to Demise to check for problems like this. So yes, there is a point to it, Hilde has found a problem which now needs to be fixed. As a result, this thread will now stay in development until the coder fixes it how it should be.

MalGanis

Sorceror

So th only thing that need to be fixed is paragons (so no matter where they are, they cant be herder)?

Athena

Account Terminated

MalGanis;615877 said:
So th only thing that need to be fixed is paragons (so no matter where they are, they cant be herder)?

Hilde also mentioned that he can herd shadow wisps in the Oaks champion spawn in Ilshenar and he shouldn't be able too.

Xavier

Account Terminated

I.P.Knightly;615945 said:
You test as you feel fit I will not argue with you or anyone on TC about testing.I don't feel you have a proper test environment if you did not test before the patch and only after the patch.
Someone reports a bug
Someone validates the bug
Someone writes code to fix the bug
Someone tests the code on TC. Herein lies the problem the person who is testing the code needs to test on Demise or OSI before testing on TC.How does someone on TC Demise know if it is right or wrong if they have not tested or experienced it before?

Yeah, patches get coded.. patches get tested - ON THE TEST CENTER. If we KNOW the patches are already PERFECT, there's no point in testing anymore, aye?

BTW, psz says to check the Phantom stuff at the door.

Oh and BTW-BTW, not everyone here has OSI accounts.. that would be why they ask questions. And *I* already asked once to check the attitudes here .... I wont ask again.

Athena

Account Terminated

I appreciate what you do when verifying against OSI, but we do not want anyone to compare to Demise at all, the reason the bug report has been put in is because Demise is WRONG And it's been shown a few times now that if one part of a skill or spell etc is wrong other things have been wrong too. So people are welcome to ask all the questions they need to get it verified on OSI .. not Demise .. because not everyone here has OSI access.

MalGanis

Sorceror

Here's the new patch...

• All tamable creatures are herdable (even if part of champion spawn).
  • Paragons are not herdable (even if tamable).

Attachments

• Herding.patch
    4.8 KB · Views: 11

Hilde

Page

I.P.Knightly;615866 said:
Hilde Wrote:

If you can herd a shadow wisp paragon or not there is a problem.A shadow wisp is not a tamable thing so it can not be herded.I know you can not do this on Demise or OSI.Are you doing this on TC? If you are doing this on TC I think TC needs to be looked at a little closer.Running tests on something that is wrong is not a good test.If not on Demise,OSI or TC where did you do this?If you are running tests on anything other than those 3 places you are wasting peoples time.

The shadow wisps I herded where part of the Oaks champ spawn. I was not able to herd untamable creatures outside a champ spawn.

The question was more like: if the paragon is part of a champ spawn, does the with the notable exception of champion spawn on the Felucca facet and Oaks in Ilshenar rule count?

Sorry for the late reply, I was not around the last few days.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Herding

This needs changing so it'll work with the latests SVN. Setting back to development until a new patch is provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.