UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 520] [Burner] Scavenging Explosion Potions in PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProFF7

Wanderer
[SVN 520] [Burner] Scavenging Explosion Potions in PvP

• Behaviour on OSI: If a explosion potion is scavenged, it still damages the person picking it up, and the alchemy/EP bonus of the thrower is still used for calculating the damage
Behaviour on Demise: You can scavenge pots and if succesful, the pot just doesnt explode

Detailed Description: Read above.

Questions/Verification Needed:
Im providing with videos

Links:

Code:

Burner

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Scavenging Explosion Potions in PvP

can you verify for me if on osi the scavenged potion stacks if you have some on you? if not, adding a this.Stackable = false; under void consume, will allow it to blow up in the bags when scavenged still

ProFF7

Wanderer

Ok, Im not sure if I understood exactly what you mean.

the way it works in OSI when you throw a pot, you double click the stack of explosion potions, and then one unstacked active explosion potions appears into your backpack. I tried to grab that active explosion potion and combine it into a current explosion potion stack. but it was not possible.

Lucifall

Knight

ProFF7;726319 said:
Ok, Im not sure if I understood exactly what you mean.

the way it works in OSI when you throw a pot, you double click the stack of explosion potions, and then one unstacked active explosion potions appears into your backpack. I tried to grab that active explosion potion and combine it into a current explosion potion stack. but it was not possible.

Here, if we scavenge a potion, it stacks, hence it not blowing, it becomes a whole different item.

Burner

Sorceror

ya, if its not combinable on osi, then just put: this.Stackable = false; in the void Drink of BaseExplosionPotion.cs
public override void Drink( Mobile from )
{
if ( Core.AOS && (from.Paralyzed || from.Frozen || (from.Spell != null && from.Spell.IsCasting)) )
{
from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1062725 ); // You can not use a purple potion while paralyzed.
return;
}

ThrowTarget targ = from.Target as ThrowTarget;
this.Stackable = false;
^ this will make it not stack with the others in bag, and allow it to blow up still

^ ^ ^

Come on, little girls!

Attachments

• explopots-scavenging-SVN507.patch
    638 bytes · Views: 5

Burner

Sorceror

My hard drive was down, so i didnt have access to most of my usual tools, (old seagate 7200.11 firmware bug finally caught me) just finished unbricking my drive, i'll have to reinstall the stuff to make the patches, also wasnt positive if my fix would have fixed everything or not :)

Burner;733261 said:
also wasnt positive if my fix would have fixed everything or not :)

that's why there is a testing phase! :)

And thank you for your help!!

psz

Administrator
Re: [TESTING NEEDED] Scavenging Explosion Potions in PvP

I know it SHOULD, but please re-test/compile this against the latest SVN to be on the safe side (I can't imagine why it WOULDN'T work, but ya know...)

psz;733635 said:
I know it SHOULD, but please re-test/compile this against the latest SVN to be on the safe side (I can't imagine why it WOULDN'T work, but ya know...)

At your orders, Boss ;)

Attachments

• explopots-scavenging-SVN512.patch
    638 bytes · Views: 7

Since I haven't done this, I can test it.

So, Tested in RunUO private distro, SVN 514.

- I have set scavenger for purple potions (Razor recognizes it so)
- I toss an explosion potion
- I run and scavenge it.
- The potion will unstack and the counter continues to run, then it explodes just as when it explodes in your hand.
- I tried to manually put the scavenged potion in the stack of other explosion potions, but the scavenged potion just bounce back and the counter continues (= it explodes since in 2 seconds you can't do much...)
- I tried to do the opposite: put the explosion potions on the scavenged one. But they bounce back too.
- I tried to click and hold mouse button, dragging the scavenged potion until explosion: the icon will remain on the mouse pointer, but when you stop holding the button it nothing happens (no new potions created, in the stack or outside it, in ground or backpack)

- There is a glitch that I consider trascurable: you could throw the scavenged potion again (doubleclicking on it), but in so few seconds the only effect you have is you see the potion "flying", but the counter runs out before the potion "appears" on the ground, so the final effect is you have an explosion on yourself (like when you let it explode on your hand). No potions on the ground will appear.

I don't have other ideas what to see.

Conclusions:

for me is OK.

Re: [TESTING-TC] Scavenging Explosion Potions in PvP

soo scavenging explo pots it not a bug?? so when the target carry explo pots it 100% sure he dont get hit from explo pots if he got them in scavenger.. lol

aight let change template xD

Re: [TESTING-TC] Scavenging Explosion Potions in PvP

shadowslayer21;745511 said:
soo scavenging explo pots it not a bug?? so when the target carry explo pots it 100% sure he dont get hit from explo pots if he got them in scavenger.. lol

aight let change template xD

^ ^ ^

example of fail (hint: just read what this thread is about).

To return on topic:

can I haz ready?

Re: [READY] [Burner] Scavenging Explosion Potions in PvP

this threadt isnt about to fix bug ? EXplosion pots CANT Be Scavenge? no? i try to understand coz my englsih is bad but what i can read is it OK lol

shadowslayer21;745798 said:
EXplosion pots CANT Be Scavenge? no?

wrong.

Behaviour on OSI: If a explosion potion is scavenged, it still damages the person picking it up, and the alchemy/EP bonus of the thrower is still used for calculating the damage

this is what the patch does. But don't worry, you will understand it better when it is in game :)

lol kk i translated in french the red part so that how it suppose to be right sir? scavenged and boom ?

shadowslayer21;746127 said:
lol kk i translated in french the red part so that how it suppose to be right sir? scavenged and boom ?

yep! You will want to remove explosion potions from scavenger now :)

did you guy found the code or fix the bug ? or w/e if yes how long it take to be impleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.