UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Arch Cure In fellucca facet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
[SVN] Arch Cure In fellucca facet

Type: Bug

Basic Description: Will Arch Cure non-friendly targets in the Fellucca facet

Way To experience: Cast Arch-Cure on yourself or a friendly target(pet or guildmate) with a non-friendly poisened character(or monster) near you on the felucca facet.

Detailed Description: Casting ArchCure on any target in Fel regardless of friendly/non-friendly will result in the area effect of the arch-cure targeting all within its area of effect even if non-friendly. This can result in the caster of the arch cure going criminal(grey) when trying to cure pet or teammates in a crowded area (spawn)

OSI Status Intro:
On OSI Arch Cure Area effect wil only effect friendly/blue characters in the area effect of the spell, The AREA EFFECT will never target a grey/red even if you are grey/red, Regardless of Guild status (confirmed OSI)
SO OSI Status for casting Arch Cure on the fellucca facet are:
Non guilded Blues Casting on them selves or other blue non guilded members(Including Pets!) should NEVER result in a criminal state
IF blue Casting Arch Cure Directly on a Red Character will result in that char being cured (and the caster going grey) but the area of effect will still NOT effect any red charecters in the area of effect!
Guilded Red Characters Arch Cure Area Effect should cure GUILDED blues/blue pets ONLY (NEVER A RED)
Non-Guilded Reds Arch Cure Area will effect NOONE except themselves and pets!
Area OF effect Should NEVER cure Criminals,Murderers,monsters,or any other hostile targets at all. If directly casted at any monster, the targeted monster will be cured, but no Monsters around it will be cured in the area of effect.

Re: Arch Cure In fellucca facet

I also add from UOGuide:
Attempts to neutralize the effects of poison on each valid target within three tiles of the target. Has a better chance to cure higher level poisons than the normal Cure spell. Murderers and Criminals will not be affected unless targeted and only the single target.
Whew, I was sick to kill my party during a champ :p

As I have not found confirm, I think this is a pre-AOS fix.

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Arch Cure In fellucca facet

I'm working on it. For now I reached only to let arch cure work on innocents (blue), but the part about direct target is still to be written.

Just a thing: what happen if in OSI you cast arch cure near a blue non-player? (ki-rin, unicorn, fey, summoned fey, summoned creature... )

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Arch Cure In fellucca facet

Here you a stub.
Since the ArchCure.cs won't consider a direct targeting, my intention in this patch is to add a new target to be considered when you direct target it, and, about the "area arch cure", to consider only who is innocent (blue).

I leave tests for you :)

It should be considered in OSI if arch cure area effect will cure also blue creatures (ki-rin, unicorn...) and blue summons (summon creature, summon fey...).

If yes, what if you become criminal? In this patch will happen both you and your feys turn grey and those will not longer be affected by area arch cure.

Attachments

• archcure.patch
    1.4 KB · Views: 6

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING] Arch Cure In fellucca facet

Tests done:
  • Casted arch cure when having blue/criminal players, tamed and untamed animals around (targeted floor, myself and other blue player). It cured blue players (+their pets), me and my pets (within range).
  • Casted arch cure on a criminal player. Cured him, but didn't cure me, my or his pet. Made me criminal.
  • Casted arch cure on a criminal players pet. Cured it, but also cured me and my pet (doesn't do that when im a criminal before casting). Made me criminal.
  • Casted arch cure on myself, while i was a criminal. Cured me (but not my pet) and blue players (+their pets).
  • Casted arch cure on the floor, while i was a criminal. Cured blue players (+their pets).
  • Casted arch cure on my pet, while i was a criminal. Cured it and blue players (+their pets).
  • Casted arch cure on blue players pet, while i was a criminal. Cured it and blue players (+their pets).
  • Casted arch cure on a wild creature, while i was a criminal. Cured it and blue players (+their pets).

Repeated with red player around and on felucca (same results).

Doing a brief, it cures everything it's blue (monsters, pets, players) + who is target directly.

You know where could be the issue? If you are grey or red: in that case archcure would work on yourself only if you target you directly.

Have a check about the direct target: I coded in a way he wouldn't be healed 2 times (by target + by area) and it should work.

Again, I think we need some OSI tests to check behaviours MalGanis tested. Anyway, now it's enough to cast archcure safely in champs.

Chaos_Lord;560501 said:
Guilded Red Characters Arch Cure Area Effect should cure GUILDED blues/blue pets ONLY (NEVER A RED)

Hmmm... I have the impression these two conditions are not respected in my patch. Someone confirm?

edit: who can test in OSI if you can cure your pet with Arch Cure area effect regardless of your notoriety?

Testing better and reading at descriptions, it still need:

- arch cure area to heal the caster nevertheless the notoriety
- as above, for caster's pets
- if the caster is not innocent, arch cure area should heal blues only if in same guild.

About notoriety and not innocent: descriptions talk about murderer (red), but I don't know if this is valid also for criminals (grey).

What I ask you to test in OSI:

- become criminal (steal from a pet of yours in Fel, heal a monster in Fel...)
- what about the notoriety of your pet? Is it still innocent (blue) or it inherited your notoriety? (grey)
- If your pet became criminal, cast arch cure on the pet and on the floor: is it affected? Is this considered a criminal action and the criminal timer is reset?
- If you can, do your arch cure heal blue players (unguilded) while criminal? If no, I suppose you can if they are guilded, so the "red" rules will be applied.

Thank you!

osd_daedalus;602507 said:
What I ask you to test in OSI:

- become criminal (steal from a pet of yours in Fel, heal a monster in Fel...)
- what about the notoriety of your pet? Is it still innocent (blue) or it inherited your notoriety? (grey)
- If your pet became criminal, cast arch cure on the pet and on the floor: is it affected? Is this considered a criminal action and the criminal timer is reset?
- If you can, do your arch cure heal blue players (unguilded) while criminal? If no, I suppose you can if they are guilded, so the "red" rules will be applied.

...nobody wants? It would save lots of flames in champ parties :)

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Arch Cure In fellucca facet

What's the status of this?

If I don't hear anything in a few days I will set it back to coder needed.

SRC Athena;620224 said:
What's the status of this?

If I don't hear anything in a few days I will set it back to coder needed.

I'm waiting for OSI test results I proposed on the post just above yours :)

Tested in OSI TC and OSI Atlantic:

arch cure area will affect pets and summons, but only if you are in Tram

In Fel, arch cure area won't affect summons and pets. If you cast arch cure directly on one of those, the area will affect only players (plus the creature where you casted directly arch cure).

Ok, give me some time to understand how I could write this in C#

And this is the patch. What it will do:

- targeting directly someone will cure the target and spread an area effect (we will call it Area Cure), or, in Trammel rulesets, if curing would be a criminal action you can't do it.

- the Area Cure will cure:
in Trammel rulesets: every creature that is Blue (innocent) or Green (ally). No grey or reds are affected... edit: and neither purples. Sorry GMs :D

in Felucca rulesets: as above, but ONLY PLAYERMOBILES, no summons or pets (unless you target them directly).

Well, want to break this patch so we can stop teamkilling each other in champs? :D

Attachments

• archcure.patch
    2.2 KB · Views: 3

Chaos_Lord;560501 said:

Strange, in OSI I have seen archcure area won't work on pets if you are in Fel. Anyway, it's addressed.

Chaos_Lord;560501 said:

hmmm... so arch cure area should work on yourself regardless your notoriety? I have still to check this...

edit: plus reds are still curing blues with archcure area. It's definitively not completed: I'm going to fix it as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.