UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [Copern] Deleting pre-tamed pets after some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [TESTING-TC] Deleting pre-tamed pets after some time

Copern;682112 said:
How did they lose their LastOwner?

I'd like to know it too... :-/
All I know is I have put some pretamed creatures in DemiseTC and, after a day, as the shard rebooted I went there and everyone was like untamed ones.

Thinking better, maybe the "bad fact" would have happened also before the shard reboot.

Anyway, coding-wise, I really can't see why I had this behaviour. Later I'll put some other pre-tamed creatures on the timer.

Copern

Sorceror

I think I know what might have happened to the Last Owner. By chance, the character that had tamed those creatures, was it deleted? It looks like when the previous owners are serialized it will remove any mobiles from the list that are deleted (which makes sense right). If there was only one previous owner and they were deleted, then Last Owner will be null on reboot. That's the only thing on the current unmodified SVN that will revert Last Owner to null as far as I can tell.

Copern;682422 said:
I think I know what might have happened to the Last Owner. By chance, the character that had tamed those creatures, was it deleted? It looks like when the previous owners are serialized it will remove any mobiles from the list that are deleted (which makes sense right). If there was only one previous owner and they were deleted, then Last Owner will be null on reboot. That's the only thing on the current unmodified SVN that will revert Last Owner to null as far as I can tell.

Nope, the creatures had only 1 owner, but he wasn't deleted.

Copern

Sorceror

Hmm, then I really have no clue why it lost it's last owner unless another patch does something with it. Anyway what I could do is, if the timer is > 0 on deserialize, we can assume it's already been tamed and released and we just continue the timer.

Copern

Sorceror

Hopefully this'll be the last patch. *crosses fingers*

Attachments

• UncontrolledDelete4.patch
    3 KB · Views: 7
Re: [TESTING-TC] [Copern] Deleting pre-tamed pets after some time

My bad for the delay, I had some things to do IRL and I forgot either to check after 3 days and about this in general.

I have put other 5 creatures in testing, just I hope to remind to check in 3 days.

Copern

Sorceror

Uome found a bug that's related to this. It appears that IsStabled isn't set until after the control master is set. This makes my stabled check when control master is nullified useless. It probably didn't show up until the last patch which continues the timer if there was time left (before, it wouldn't start/continue the time if it was stabled). This should prevent stabling pets from starting the timer in the future but those who had pets in the stable should unstable (to remove the timer) and restable them after the patch is applied.

Attachments

• UncontrolledDelete5.patch
    3.2 KB · Views: 10

I put this as a reminder of myself:

at 12 hours to the deletion, all is normal, either new pre-tamed and old ones (of the previous patch).

Maybe I'm a bit tired and I haven't understood the issue uome found: so stabled pets were getting the timer just like released ones?

Copern

Sorceror

Yes, unfortunately. I failed to notice that the IsStabled boolean wasn't set when stabling pets until after it removes the control master, which is where I was checking IsStabled - making it a pointless check (make any sense?). I didn't notice problems with stabling in previous patches so I thought it wasn't creating the timer but uome found out otherwise. I changed it so a timer will start explicitly with the Release command or after losing loyalty and releasing. Only other time they should get a timer is on server up and it had previous owners but isn't currently owned or stabled.

So, finally I checked this thing.

At 15 minutes from the deletion, I retamed some of creatures either with last owner and another one, and combinations. In all of cases, the timer becomes 0 (off) while tamed, and correctly reset to 3 days when released again.

When the timer reached 0, all of creatures got deleted correctly.

So, all of this part looks like flawless this time.

About the IsStabled bug, I'm not really sure how to test it in-game... if I have well understood, I should stable a creature and see if after 3 days is still there. Right?

Very well, I stabled either a fresh tamed cow, and a pre-tamed cow I retamed at 15 minutes from the deletion timer.
Both were reporting DeleteTimeLeft = 0.

I will let you know about in this weekend.

after 6 days and here in another house with only a netbook available, I logged in DemiseTC and claimed those 2 cows I tamed and stabled.
Cows were still there and I was able to claim them. Their DeleteTimeLeft was 0.
I released them and their timer correctly got set at 3 days.

I'd say it's OK also on this aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.