UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [Copern] Deleting pre-tamed pets after some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [TESTING-TC] Deleting pre-tamed pets after some time

So...
I have tested the latest patch of yours in a private RunUO distro, tweaking the timer to 3 hours (since I can't leave my laptop 3 days on!)

I have tamed and released a cat, a dog, a horse and a chicken. At the release, their DeleteTimeLeft was 3 hours.

At 0, all of them got deleted.

So, it's OK for this, although a 3-days test would be better.

An OT note: I have understood a tamed and released creature was completely unlinked from the spawner, infact another creature spawns from it. But when I did on one of spawners "Total respawn", the released creature got deleted. Why?

Copern

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;674866 said:
An OT note: I have understood a tamed and released creature was completely unlinked from the spawner, infact another creature spawns from it. But when I did on one of spawners "Total respawn", the released creature got deleted. Why?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Copern;674876 said:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

I mean:

if you tame a creature, is it "removed" from the spawner? I think yes, because another creature spawns from it.
Let's say I have a spawner popping up 1 horse. I tame the horse and another one spawns.

If I tame and release the horse, anyway another horse spawns. I guess that's because the abandoned horse is not bound anymore to the spawner.

Now, my question is: why if I doubleclick on the spawner and click Total Respawn, the abandoned horse disappears? Wasn't it unlinked from the spawner?

It's an OT question, though :eek:

Copern

Sorceror

That's a pretty good question, I have no idea why it would do that. Yes they are supposed to be removed from the spawner after something is tamed. So why (or how) it would delete an unlinked mob I don't know. Unless there's some references to it somewhere still. As long as it's not deleting tamed pets then I don't see that being a much of a problem. But yeah, off topic for this change anyway.

psz

Administrator

Did you [props the mobile? I have a feeling that if you do, it will still have a Home pointing to the spawner.

Athena

Account Terminated

The mobile doesn't detach from the spawner until a new mobile spawns, unless it remains tame but if you release the mobile then do a total respawn before the next mobile spawns it will respawn the released mobile.

Yes, definitively this is the reason.

I have started a 3-day test. Let's see what happens at Christmas...

psz

Administrator

I don't think this will be an issue, simply because most shards will never just manually respawn a spawner out of the blue.

Besides, even if they do, the "free" mobile will be erased (which was the whole point of this thread in the first place :-P)

Copern

Sorceror

psz;675481 said:
Besides, even if they do, the "free" mobile will be erased (which was the whole point of this thread in the first place :-P)

That's what I was thinking too. :D

At 1 day and 15 hours from the bunch of pre-tamed deletion, all of them (hiryu, dog, wolf, bear) have a valid DeleteTimeLeft and a valid LastOwner.

In 2 days I'll be able to tell you if this patch is OK :)

After the 3 days timer, all of creatures got deleted. I have watched them and they disappeared quite immediately (one disappeared 3 seconds after, its DeleteTimeLeft became negative! But it disappeared just as I did [props on it)
So, it is OK for this.

Anyway, when 15 minutes were left, I decided to retame some of them and release them, and I have found a small issue.

The issue is: (tested 2 times)
- I have retamed a creature. The pet is controlled again and DeleteTimeLeft is 0.
- I have released it.

What I was expecting is the timer to be reset at 3 days (like 2.23:59:55.something, some seconds go away while you do [props).
Instead some hours are missing, they reset at 2 days 15 hours 16 minutes (2.15:55:56.something). Creatures had respectively 17 minutes and 14 minutes left, and their timer reset exactly at same value, 2 days 15h 16min

This happened 2 times with pets where DeleteTimeLeft was about 15 minutes. Instead I have tamed, released and retamed, with same tamer and others, other creatures (with more than 2 days timer) and their timer resets at 3 days (2.23:59:55.something)

psz

Administrator

Not much of a real problem, though a bit odd I'll admit.

Copern

Sorceror

Oops, I think I know what's causing that but can't fix it atm. Gotta go, just thought I would mention.

Copern

Sorceror

Yeah, starting a timer basically resets the timer to the original set delay. I kind of forgot that I'm giving a shorter delay on server start-up if they already used up some time, so it would reset to that amount since I was just "starting" it if it wasn't null. Anyway... this should fix that I believe.

Attachments

• UncontrolledDelete3.patch
    3 KB · Views: 8

Copern

Sorceror

Make sure the server restarts during that time too so we can be sure that's working correctly.

Testing failed :/
As the shard rebooted, all of pretamed creatures lost their LastOwner, so their DeleteTimeLeft went to 0.

Copern

Sorceror

Ffffuuuuuuu.... Well... I'll see what I screwed up on tomorrow. :eek:

Copern

Sorceror

Decided to test it tonight. I can't seem to reproduce the problem. Tried starting, saving, restarting multiple times but the timer continues on it's merry way on the pre-tamed pet and the lastowner stayed. The cow I have tamed has no timer and the cow I spawned without taming has no timer. How did they lose their LastOwner?

Status
Not open for further replies.